• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

How's the used/new boat market doing?

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey Y'all,

Been a super busy summer and end of the year, so I haven't been on the forum as much as I use to be. Wife, dropped a bomb on me asked if I was interested in a new boat. She was open to upgrading.

I LOVE my current boat but it can be a bit of a hassle getting it ready to surf etc with the mods. 2014 242LS and it has been a dream to own. Love her(boat and wife lol) and have had zero issues over the years but could be talked into a new or slightly used Yamaha.

I know during covid prices and availability were stupid off the charts. Just curious as to how the vibe is these days. I'm sure there will be a few covid purchase hitting the market shortly. Planning on hitting the boat show in Jan here in Atlanta to see if there any deals. Maybe the economy will be cooling off more than by then.

What have yall seen.

Thanks!

It’s probably the best time since 2020 to buy a boat. There seems to be somewhat of an inventory at dealerships of new boats and folks ordering new boats don’t have the crazy waits others experienced during covid. Likewise, there seems to be a lot of used boat inventory in the marketplace.

Jim

The pre-owned market for anything in the boat, watercraft, motorcycle, car market is down significantly since last year.

Back