• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, there are approx. 10 orifices in the stern/bilge of my Yamaha that have leaked (or seeped in) water. That is not counting the pump tunnel - where missing factory sealant causes cavitation/ventilation requiring porting/sealing.

I'm not as precise or diligent about identifying and fixing those as for example @MrMoose (who uses baby powder in the process) or @gmtech16450yz (who re-manufactured exhaust outlets).

Here is a small example of a lousy factory fitting that I found early on, this is one of the through hull fittings that leaked in my stern/bilge, it was very poorly fitted with some kind of silicone from factory. (Notice the nut moving around)

If you need a more complete list, look up @MrMoose thread on this subject, he has identified and documented several major offending spots very well.

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow quick ship just ordered like 3 hours ago. Just got this email. 20180304_222010.png

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180306_130035.jpg
Thank you Easter bunny! Bawk bawk

He's fast like jimmy John's fast. @Ridesteady

Now the grass just needs to be dry , so I can drag it from indoor storage to my shop (grass in front of the overhead where I pull the boat in)

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got mine today as well. I prepped for the install this past weekend by removing the dash and speedo, removing engine covers and running my fish tape for the wires. Install should take around 1-2 hours. Hope to get to it this week sometime.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are going to love it!

At this point after a few months of using it, I don't know if I could go back to NOT having it!!! I find myself using it all the time.

Just need to remember to set the system to RPM, or GPS, while the boat is stationary - once the boat is moving over 5-6mph it can not be done.

For cruising, I usually throttle up to whatever speed I need with the system OFF, then adjust the RPM "set" with the knob (to get in the range/close to what I'm riding at) - and push the ON button for the R-S to take over. I usually push the throttle levers up at this point so the system does not need to ask for "more throttle", and then just change/adjust speed as needed with the knob. If a quick stop is needed, pull the throttles back to override the system.

It is a FANTASTIC system.

--

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you Easter bunny! Bawk bawk
I am one jelly bean your Easter bunny gave you that! Did it come packaged in that green grass stuff too?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am one jelly bean your Easter bunny gave you that! Did it come packaged in that green grass stuff too?
No Justin took my green stuff

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180331_151446.jpg I am having troubles installing the hydrophase. I contacted Justin. He advised me on taps. Was going to go get my volt meter but the owner of the storage unit pulled up. He had one on him. Taps are fine, the fuse is fine, and all the plugs are fine.

Ok so color blind people brown is not red. A quick look by Justin. He said it looks like you are connected to a brown wire. Doh!!! Thanks justin @swatski @Ridesteady

Attachments

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having troubles installing the hydrophase. I contacted Justin. He advised me on taps. Was going to go get my volt meter but the owner of the storage unit pulled up. He had one on him. Taps are fine, the fuse is fine, and all the plugs are fine. Probably going to send it back. @swatski @Ridesteady
Do you mean the connectors? I (almost completely) destroyed/mangled one or two of those - as I wasn't sure if I should push or pull on some tabs...
Justin @Ridesteady replaced the ones I damaged when I sent the harnesses back for the VHF interference upgrade.

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski - he was referring to the taps to the ignition switch wires.

@djetok - haha, it happens to the best of us! I've found that some LED lighting makes it difficult for even non-color-blind people to discern colors...
I will add that I was also in a dark storage unit. Outside would not decide if it was going to rain. I am color blind as I stated to Justin " would you believe I am color blind?" His reply was yes.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you mean the connectors? I (almost completely) destroyed/mangled one or two of those - as I wasn't sure if I should push or pull on some tabs...
Justin @Ridesteady replaced the ones I damaged when I sent the harnesses back for the VHF interference upgrade.

--
Did the exact same thing... I couldn't get the one off and resorted to "gently" persuading with pliers...20180218_170828.jpg

Justin (@Ridesteady ) was kind enough to make the repair. Thanks!

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Eeek... thanks for the tips. I'll be installing mine shortly, it's been on a shelf in my office since December. fingers crossed.

Although, wake boarding when my wife driving has been challenging and fun.
She likes to oscillate between 5mph and maybe 30, just to see me sink into the water before pulling me out again and making my arms a few inches longer.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did the exact same thing... I couldn't get the one off and resorted to "gently" persuading with pliers...View attachment 71052

Justin ( ) was kind enough to make the repair. Thanks!
Um I looked at that pic and thought that was one of my pics . I noticed the crack and was like shit I have to go to storage and look at that. Then I saw the mangled plug. That crack looks bad.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Eeek... thanks for the tips. I'll be installing mine shortly, it's been on a shelf in my office since December. fingers crossed.

Although, wake boarding when my wife driving has been challenging and fun.
She likes to oscillate between 5mph and maybe 30, just to see me sink into the water before pulling me out again and making my arms a few inches longer.
Its not that hard . It took me 6 hours because I fumbled around in the boat and connected and reconnected multiple items to get the damn blue light on. Damn color blindness. If I would have my wife or one of my buddies there. 2 to 2 1/2 hours and I ziptied the shit out of stuff.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Um I looked at that pic and thought that was one of my pics . I noticed the crack and was like shit I have to go to storage and look at that. Then I saw the mangled plug. That crack looks bad.
Yeah, the connector on the accelerator position sensor on the starboard side has a clip that is designed in a way that it is up against the wall of the engine compartment (Yamaha design issue). It was a bizatch to remove... one because of the angle and 2 because the clip faces the wrong way. The port side was easy... if I was smart I probably could have pulled the APS off and then have easily removed it. I didn't even look into how the APS was mounted...

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, the connector on the accelerator position sensor on the starboard side has a clip that is designed in a way that it is up against the wall of the engine compartment (Yamaha design issue). It was a bizatch to remove... one because of the angle and 2 because the clip faces the wrong way. The port side was easy... if I was smart I probably could have pulled the APS off and then have easily removed it. I didn't even look into how the APS was mounted...
What about the crack in the fiberglass on the boat.

I didn't have issue with the plug. Mine was the same way. I would suggest wearing long sleeves so you can get both hands in. Once you do that the fiberglass tears the crap out of your arm leaning against that edge.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Paitence is a virtue with stuborn wiring connectors. Can’t recall exaclt how I removed but I likely held the clip open with flat head while gently wiggling with my other hand. Quick tip on working in the engine compartment is placing one foot on the floor of the engine bay between the two engines.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length