• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For any of you who enjoy Nubs, this is a stellar deal if you aren't hung up on mazos or unbanded smokes.

One of my very favorite smokes is the Nub Cameroon, but they don't play well with any of my humidors, so I usually pick one up at a B&M to smoke instantly. At that price, I ordered 2 bundles, and I'm going to be testing out a few different Boveda %'s to see if I can figure out if the right humidity will make a difference.

The Connecticuts are great breakfast or coffee smokes, and they go over well with newer smokers as well if we're hanging out and they want to try a cigar.
I had my first CAO Flathead this weekend. Found them on "sale" last week at IC. What a great cigar, robust but smooth and easy - and I got nearly three hours out of it too.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got this from my son, he enjoys picking out smokes for me on some trips he takes, plus he gets to smoke his cigarettes at some of the cigar shops. He finds it stupid with some states, such as WI, where he could smoke a cigar, but isn't allowed to have a cig in the shop. I don't get that either, but that's our government for ya 🤔🙄😆

Today is his pick - a Fratello Oro corona. I'm not a fan of the corona size, but free cigars are always appreciated, just like free drinks! This is a nice morning smoke, and quick, so if you have less time, this'll let you fit in a smoke.

I don't know if he picked this up in Vegas, but he got me the case from Casa Fuente, and it's my favorite. It's like the typical Herf-a-dor, but it's got a hinged top tray over the smokes to hold your cutter, lighter, and other miscellaneous stuff. The hinges feel 100% better than a Herf-a-dor, more free in their operations, and the glue holding the vinyl or plastic emblem has far outlasted any of the similar cases I have.

As for the cigar, it's a decent smoke, VERY flavorful for a Connecticut, and slower burning than a typical corona, to me. I'd really like to try a Toro or the Gordo, but I haven't found a 5-pack in stock, and it's not something I'd buy a box of to test out, at $200. I wouldn't have a problem with dropping that, if I could try them first, and found it box-worthy, but I need to get my son up to speed on what sizes I prefer, so I take what he brings, and go from there. He's had some winners before, and this one has the hallmarks of yet one more.

IMG_20231021_143139173.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fired this Tatiana up after the Bama vs Tennessee game. Smooth and nice flavor. Roll Tide!

IMG_2567.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fired this Tatiana up after the Bama vs Tennessee game. Smooth and nice flavor. Roll Tide!
If you liked that Tatiana, I recommend you seek out a Drew Estate Java. If you have a Total Wine in your area that sells cigars, I have always seen them on display, for reasonable prices. The Tatiana is a nice treat, and the Java will be an eye-opening treat for you to compare the difference in assembly, flavor & burn quality.

I like your choice, it's good to see people enjoy a cigar, no matter your preference, and your photo is awesome as well, that's quality photography!

jza-pm-1029.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speaking of the Java's...

Set up an account, and set your minimum bid, and make your max bid $5 more, and you should have no problem snagging a 10-pack for $5.70/per stick, after shipping. Typical price in my area is $7-9/ea in a B&M, so a "dessert" smoke of this quality, at that price, is a great deal.

Tonight, I fired up a Ramon Bueso Oscuro that was just delivered today. Not sure if it would benefit from some humidor time, but I have a baseline to judge future samples against. Tomorrow, I plan to smoke a Ramon Bueso Olancho, and see what that's like.

IMG_20231111_015650163.jpg

This was a new experience for me. About 2" in, and I got a light hit of mint, of all things. Like a Tic Tac, not overpowering, but it never came back. It wasn't expected, but it didn't throw off the experience.

All in all, it wasn't near as good as the Genesis I had previously, but for the price, it was a decent smoke. The nicotine isn't anywhere near as much as the Genesis, either, so that was a plus for me with the Oscuro. I will be putting the rest of them away for a rest in the humidor, and will revisit them later, and try to remember to report back.

The Genesis continue to be dynamite smokes, and they aren't really getting much time to see if they'll mellow out, but I also picked up some of the Super Gordo size, and it's starting to turn to pipe season for me, so that humidor time will be coming.

Speaking of pipes, I also had a winning bid for 4 tins of Cult Blood Red Moon. If you're a fan of flavors, and cherry is your jam, try this. It's not the maraschino fake cough syrup type of flavoring, more of a chocolate covered cherry smell, and it has drawn raves from everyone when I light it up. It may need a bit of time, and it's definitely on the wetter side, but it smokes cool and easy if you spread some out to dry for about half an hour. It's gawdawful expensive in any B&M that carries it around me, but again, CigarBid.com comes through for me when they have it, running $7-9/tin. To me, it's worth it

Lastly, I picked up a smaller ashtray, shown above. NOT a fan. It looked nice, but it's lighter than expected, and not as stable as I'd prefer. I may try some hot glue in a few spots around the base to help the stability, but that thing may be gifted away sooner rather than later.

If I can find some wood at a reasonable price, I may be trying my hand at making an ashtray to my liking. I'm considering a walnut version with a paduak accent, but that's a project for down the road. If any of you have tried "wood" in a 3D printer, I'd be interested in your experience with it as well. That could be a good beginner project for me to get started, barring any suggestions otherwise.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@drewkaree I am looking for what I should do for cigars when I go to the Dominican Republic at the end of this month. I’ll be at an all inclusive resort, and am not likely to leave it. Should I bring cigars or buy there? Do you have any suggestions for what brands to look for there or any items on cigarbid.com right now to buy. Thanks!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a buddy do a similar vacation, but they did a little off-Resort sightseeing, actually went to a cigar factory, and got to try their hand at rolling some!

He brought me back a box of cohiba's and another box of the factory house brand, so I'm not sure if they sold any on property. I'll see if I can find out from him.

The Cohiba's checked out - they do make counterfeits, if you can believe it! My take on that would be, if you enjoy the smokes, fake or not, then that's all that matters.

Regarding customs, there may be weird customs issues, so I'd look into it before you consider it. When I went to the Bahamas many moons ago, cigars were one of the things I was asked about if I brought them in. They may not allow it. Cigar beetles are a thing, and I'm guessing it may be similar to the invasive species thing for lakes in the US. If it's not allowed, you're stuck with what's on property if you aren't sightseeing, but it's likely to be a decent selection.

Macanudo, Cohiba, Arturo Fuente, and one of my favorites, La Flor Dominicana, all come from that area, so my suggestion is to check if there's any from the many brands from the area that you want to try, and see if you can find them in their native land. The double ligero from LFD is awesome to me, for instance, but I would use the opportunity to try any of the other LFD offerings, if available.

If you are going to travel with your own smokes after checking the regs, take several Boveda packs with you, and use something like a Herf-a-dor or Herf adventure pod. The adventure pod has a built-in Boveda 60 gram pack holder, the Herf-a-dor has nothing, so you'll need to skip a few sticks to fit a humidification pack in

Lighters - go to Walmart or Walgreens and see if they have any Ronson lighters for travel, or buy a lighter when you get there. Dunno how TSA is with lighters in checked luggage, but having one on you is a 50/50 proposition at best, and you don't want to be tossing your nice spendy lighter just to be able to board the plane.

My buddy who did the cigar factory tour doesn't even smoke, and his wife & 2 adult sons were all talking about the experience - you might want to look into a tour. They WERE told not to bother buying "Cubans" while they were there, as the odds are they're fakes, but you're gonna be in the Dominican, enjoy what they have to offer.

Sounds like a great vacation, hope you have a great trip

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some links if you're traveling with smokes

Current Boveda auction link

The 65% is for the DR trip, otherwise I go with 69%. Below 70% is recommended for less potential beetle problems, but it's better, to me, for fewer relights and less issues with splitting. It's been my experience that Java's and flavored or super moist pipe tobacco really benefit from the 65%, as well.

Non-auction link for the HERF Adventure Pod

I just recently won another one of these for $13.50, and my first was $19, so I can't recommend the full retail of $35, but it's a far better 10-stick case than the Herf-a-dor, IMO, simply for the humidification pack holder. The Herf-a-dor is perfect in the 5-stick size, but that's the only size from them that's worthwhile. Larger than 10, get a Pelican or other waterproof storage container and a 60 or 320 gram Boveda, and you'll be set.

The Ronson is the absolute best cheap lighter I've ever come across, but it's only a single flame. For less than $10 though, it runs any fuel I've thrown at it, and better fuel makes it practically bulletproof to operate. They used to be $5-7, and $10 may be a supply chain casualty by this point, but they're worth it

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info @drewkaree ! I’ll check into potential factory tours. It looks like I can bring 25 cigars into DR. The US let’s you bring 100 cigars back under tobacco rules. Lots of asterisks on the US rules. Even looks like you can bring Cuban cigars back directly from Cuba.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgot to post this, went to the brother-in-law's for New Year's, and I had picked up some cigars and a bourbon to thank him for helping my wife (his sister) with 2 projects for Christmas, and for some other stuff he'd helped me with. He likes cigars, but not really a fan of my typical smoke. Anything flavored, he's down for. He very much likes the Java's I pass along to him, but his favorite has always been an Acid Kuba Kuba. I keep a 10-pack on hand for when we get together, just in case, but for what I had to give thanks for, I wanted to find him something different, but along the lines of what he might enjoy.

I stumbled across the Acid Kuba Kuba, but with a candela wrapper. I very much enjoyed my Asylum barber pole with the candela wrapper in the mix, so I figured I'd pick up a 5-pack and try them myself along with him. The candela has the green band, vs the blue band for the standard Kuba Kuba. I'll smoke the blue band, if offered, and I don't have anything myself, but that's very few opportunities that present themselves, and I'm thankful for that. I don't DISlike the blue band, it's just not the one I reach for. I wasn't expecting much from the green band, but I have to say, I found it to be quite enjoyable for what it was. I won't keep any on hand for myself, and as just another example of the different tastes of people, my BIL said "it's different, but in a good way. I still like the blue bands better". Not a complete turn off, as we've smoked through the 5 pack I got for him, with him having 3 of them.

I doubt these will pop up in your local B&M very often (I bought these online), but if they do, and you're in the mood for something different and the green candela wrapper intrigues you, this might be worth a try. There are better candela cigars out there, but at least you would likely have something easy to compare it to (blue band vs green band), to be able to better determine if the wrapper is something you might want to pursue with other smokes. I've had the Illusione 88 & Asylum Ogre barber pole, and I'm likely to try a La Flor Dominicana if I can remember to track one down in the coming year. I've found the candela to be a finicky wrapper that you want to keep at a wetter %, or else just smoke it soon after purchase.

IMG_20231123_155628832_HDR.jpg

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yet another new thread for me, I love this... I am not a huge cigar smoker. However have been getting into it. Some of you will laugh but I have found a fun quick smoker that has a great flavor and doesn't take too long to smoke if you dont have a ton of time. Deadwood Sweet baby Jane. dw1-pm-1011.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yet another new thread for me, I love this... I am not a huge cigar smoker. However have been getting into it. Some of you will laugh but I have found a fun quick smoker that has a great flavor and doesn't take too long to smoke if you dont have a ton of time. Deadwood Sweet baby Jane. View attachment 214534
Nothing wrong at all with that selection, no reason to laugh! It fits a definite need for some guys once the weather turns and they still want to enjoy a smoke, but don't have the time or space to do so. For me, those used to be a Fuente Short Story, until they got hard to find locally, and spendy when they finally were located. For a quick smoke, they became just a bit too much for what they were. I dipped into the cigarillo's as well, until yet again, the price skyrocketed on those things, so I set up multiple spots to smoke indoors when the weather turns, and I also got a bit more into pipes, as nobody I know is bothered by my pipe smoking indoors, but would (understandably) balk at a cigar in their house.

If I can track those down locally, that might be worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing wrong at all with that selection, no reason to laugh! It fits a definite need for some guys once the weather turns and they still want to enjoy a smoke, but don't have the time or space to do so. For me, those used to be a Fuente Short Story, until they got hard to find locally, and spendy when they finally were located. For a quick smoke, they became just a bit too much for what they were. I dipped into the cigarillo's as well, until yet again, the price skyrocketed on those things, so I set up multiple spots to smoke indoors when the weather turns, and I also got a bit more into pipes, as nobody I know is bothered by my pipe smoking indoors, but would (understandably) balk at a cigar in their house.

If I can track those down locally, that might be worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
Anytime! Hope you enjoy. See some of the same reasons for me. My father was a huge cigar smoker growing up, and I remember everything in the house always having that odor. Finally my mom made his stop and he switched to pipe too. I personally only smoke indoors if we are at the cigar bar. There I traditionally enjoy a Punch or a Cohiba. But those all are going to the wrong way price wise. So I dont get to do that often.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TimW451 how was your trip to the DR? I was reading back through this, and am wondering if you were kidnapped! ;)

Sturgeon season opener is always a nice time for me to be able to smoke indoors during the cold Wisconsin winters, but we're experiencing unseasonably mild weather right now, so all the better for cigars I can smoke!

My son got me a Casa Fuente robusto. Other than that, I don't know much about it. I generally like Fuente cigars, but this one is just okay. It's worth smoking through it, as it's not a bad smoke, it's just not my jam. I think it's got a habano wrapper to give it some spice and flavor, but that's about all there is to this one to report on.

Tomorrow will likely have me smoking a Ramon Bueso Olancho with some humidor time, so I'll be able to find out if it's one that needs that time to mellow out and improve, or if it's something to buy and smoke, without worry that it's not all it could be right off the bat.

Still not liking the smaller ash tray, but I have started to source some wood for my own DIY project ashtray. I was gifted some wenge, and I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a lighter or darker wood surrounding it, or use it elsewhere. I gave up on the 3D "wood", as it doesn't seem to be suited for use as an ashtray for cigars, but could be a possibility for a pipe ashtray

1000018416.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my first CAO Flathead this weekend. Found them on "sale" last week at IC. What a great cigar, robust but smooth and easy - and I got nearly three hours out of it too.
For your purchasing pleasure, this is the second 40+ lot auction, and the first one is set to end in 15 hours from this post, while the second one is ending in 2+ days. Thus far, it seems like a 5-pack will go for $20 after shipping, which I think is a pretty good deal.

I seem to have gotten my Ramon Bueso's mixed up, or at the very least, I don't recall showing the Olancho's before. The Olancho's don't seem to be part of the Genesis line, and after my first experience with the black label Genesis: The Project, I was willing to try any of the others - blue label is the Oscuro, the green label is the Habano, and the white label of the Genesis line is the Connecticut. I'm not necessarily a fan of Habano wrappers, so I won't be trying those, and there weren't Connecticut's available in much quantity when I was looking at these. Everybody else seemed to be doing the same thing - trying everything he put out, all at the same time.

The big honkin' white label in my pic below is from the Olancho - NOT from the Genesis line. The Olancho was pretty decent, but nowhere as enjoyable as the original Genesis black label. The Olancho had a decent amount of humidor time, but it was a bit more work than I would prefer when smoking a cigar, and it hinted at bad construction. The dang thing just wouldn't stay lit, and the ash would regularly fall off at an inch, sometimes slightly less. It ended up ruining a pair of shorts I was wearing, as it melted whatever the fabric was made out of. It didn't melt all the way through, but it's definitely not something I can hide, so I guess I have another dedicated pair of work/paint shorts.

The draw was tight-ish, due to a plug at the point where the top of the white band started. This has been typical of each of the other smokes from my Olancho purchase. A quick single pull with a draw tool fixed it, but the plug that came out was just ridiculous. With that consistently happening, and the ash not really holding on all that well, I've gotta assume they had a new roller making these, as this has been consistent with each stick. Beyond the construction issues, it's just not as flavorful as anything I've tried from the Genesis line. If the price were cheap enough, these would be worth the effort, although that doesn't really feel like an honest critique, as I only paid $3/ea for these. The days of a $1/ea cigar are seemingly long gone, and even dropping the price a buck a stick, I'd still be PO'd about having to baby a cigar almost as much as a pipe, just to keep it lit and not make a mess all over the place.

Going back through my orders, it's been a while since I looked at the Bueso line, and they seem to have plenty of the white label Connecticuts on hand now, so I think I'll be picking some up to try that out. There's not many Connie's that I'll seek out anymore. The Brickhouse connecticuts are GREAT golf smokes if it's a breezy day and I still want to have a smoke, but the golf course has been my favorite place to have a La Flor Dominicana double ligero, or the black label Ramon Bueso. If the white label turns out that it can be had at that $3/ea price, and it's just as good as the Brickhouse, I'll have 4 smokes to choose from, which is never a bad problem to have!

Lastly, in the pic below, the Olancho is naked. It can't be lit without removing the band, as you can see the size of the thing. The glue was ridiculous on this thing, and I was starting to fear that I was going to tear the wrapper underneath. It finally gave up the ghost, but it's just one more thing I can do without. If you're willing to put up with all of that, it's not a bad smoke, but there's so much more out there that you don't have to subject yourself to the nonsense with these. Thus far, the Genesis sticks that I've had lead me to believe you'd like the Habano, if that's your jam, and if you're into Connecticuts, I can't imagine it'll be a dog rocket, but I'll be looking to verify that myself and will report back.

Included in the pic is the bottle my son won, for $15, and decided to "store" it at our lake house. After seeing the obnoxious bottle, and the trouble with storing it, we'll be finishing that thing off within this year, whether he visits/helps/works at the lake house or not. Yay, but with an asterisk 😁

original_1f1cb460-35a0-4c11-bada-6ec3c15b9860_IMG_20240211_003543779.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So tonight's the night I show off a new pipe, and another priceless possession of mine. Referencing the pic below: The pipe was a throw-in for some other purchases I was making on Amazon a while back. I finally picked up a Dagner Poker corncob pipe, and this thing popped up as a suggested item. A pipe is WAY easier to set down if you have something to do, and pick back up to finish off later, vs a cigar. It's one of the things I really like about smoking a pipe, but sometimes, I don't want to go through the effort of loading a full-sized pipe, knowing that I might be setting it down unfinished. I've always wanted to grab a small pipe to try out, but for some reason, they're not as easy to find, or if it's got a small enough bowl that I was looking for, it was expensive, for some reason. For reference, a typical meerschaum was slightly bigger than my target size.

This thing was $8, so even if it sucked, I wouldn't have felt bad throwing it away after the initial try. While it's not a high quality pipe, I was never expecting it to be, for that ridiculously low price. Some of the reviews of that version of the pipe make me wonder if I would recognize those people if they were walking down the street. I think the helmet and fistful of crayons they'd be eating would be a giveaway, but you just never know if someone like that is operating a vehicle next to you.... Anyway, I figured if it worked out, it would be a nice 15-minute smoker, and a nice add for traveling.

That little pipe is quite a gem. It's about the diameter of a quarter, and the height is 1 1/4", so it's really not going to hold much at all - just enough for a "cigarette break" smoke, so exactly what I was hoping for. There's absolutely nothing from a workmanship standpoint that's wrong with mine, but if I had problems like others in the reviews were whinging about, it's so small, and so cheap, I would be embarrassed to admit I didn't try to pull out my tools and fix it myself. Those reviewers don't seem to operate in such a fashion. If the stem doesn't stay seated, I have drill bits to ream out the hole a bit deeper, but I like the fact that it breaks down VERY easily, to stow away for traveling. The inside of mine showed clear machining marks, so I rolled up some 320 grit sandpaper and smoothed the bowl walls down (and maybe turned it into a 17 minute smoker LOL). The only drawback for me is that it's a straight stem instead of a bent, like I typically prefer, but it's so small/light that I can easily smoke it with the bowl higher than the stem, so gurgle was nonexistent. It's the perfect quick-smoking pipe. It seemed to feel a touch hotter than I'd like, so there's a concern that the bowl may crack, or burn through, but at $8, I'll buy 7 of those before I approach the cost of the "cheap" one I was looking at before finding this one.

As for that priceless possession I mentioned - my dad never smoked a day in his life. There are two memento's from his service time that I wanted after he passed, and those were the lighter below, and his service weapon. I never got his service weapon, for reasons I'll never understand, as he's not here to explain, but the more I've looked into it, and in doing some investigating, and finding/talking with some of the guys he served with, I've got a really good idea why he got rid of it. I still have his duty belt, all the magazines, holster, and everything BUT the gun, so I may someday get a replica to be able to complete the set, and make a nice display piece out of it.

The lighter is special to me for more reasons than I care to recount, but the biggest reason is that it gave me a starting point to try to track down his service, what he did, where he was, and what he might have gone through to change him into the man I knew as my dad. From all accounts, war definitely changed the man. He would never talk to me about why he had the lighter, and told me on more than one occasion that he couldn't give it to me, but that he would make sure it would pass to me on his death. Thankfully, that came to pass, and I had the honor of being the first person to ever fill it, as well as put it to use. After I inherited my wife's grandfather's pipe collection, and decided to take on the challenge of keeping them in use, I decided to swap out the insert of my dad's lighter with a pipe insert, and keep it as a dedicated pipe lighter so I have an inherited smoking collection. Each time I have a pipe, I get to enjoy some time and remember the man or men who passed a bit of themselves on to me, and it makes the experience that much more enjoyable to me.

From what I've learned, it appears I'm lucky my dad made it back, given his "job" there, and really puts the inscription on the back side into perspective for me. According to the info about my dad on that lighter, and the absolute gift of the internet and those who would share info from the past, I believe it's almost a certainty my dad was involved in some of the battles you've seen in at least one particular movie. I hadn't seen it in the past, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it just yet. Some stuff, I've had to ease myself into learning about him, but the time is coming soon. I've learned enough to truly appreciate the sentiment engraved on the lighter, and it's one of only a few pieces I own that I won't share with others while we're smoking - I always have a shareable lighter for others, but that one is mine alone.

If you're interested, see if or when the traveling monument might be in your area. I got a chance to visit the original when my family traveled to D.C. to visit with a friend of my wife's who was back stateside. My dad was still alive then, but talking about it was the last thing he ever wanted to do. Now that he's gone, and I've gotten a chance to learn a little more history, I'll be visiting the traveling version when it comes to my area. Here's the 2024 schedule 2024 The Wall That Heals Tour Schedule - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund If you know someone who may want to go, or if you have someone who hasn't been able to visit The Wall in D.C., maybe it's something to consider looking into this year.

If you've read this far, thanks. Every once in a while, there's a need to open up a bit, and I appreciate all of you guys, and especially the forum, for a place to do so. Hope you guys like the funny little pipe, and my pride and joy lighter. In case the upload gets boogered up and it's not readable, the inscription is "I'm sure to go to heaven, because I spent my time in hell". Enjoy.

Dad.jpg

Dad2.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash and anyone else who might enjoy a flavored cigar, at this price, the Drew Estate Java's are a steal compared to B&M prices in my area. With this huge quantity, you should be able to put in the minimum bid and score a 10-pack. I'm also including a link to the AJ Fernandez New World. The AJ ends in a little over a day - same advice holds for that as the Java - with 350 available, the minimum bid should net you a 10-pack, and at a considerable savings. I've already got my bids in, along with a tin of Peterson's Nightcap pipe tobacco, so I'll be expecting a delivery within a week or so.

If anyone needs some advice for storage, it can be as simple as grabbing a Boveda 69% humidity pack and throwing it in a ziplock bag or tupperware container. Those two methods aren't ideal, but they WILL work, if you don't have a humidor and don't want to jump into the deep end of the cigar world. I'd recommend the tupperware over the ziplock bag, but the Boveda pack is a must, and will run you $6-7 right on that same website.

Drew Estate Java:

AJ Fernandez New World:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not that I have 450 cigars to store, but I'm half tempted to pick this up just because...

View attachment 216552

From my experience, that setup is okay, but if you've reached the point where you need to store that many smokes, it'll be a PITA to deal with, and there are better solutions with clear sides so you can actually see what's inside instead of opening it up. TBH, a wine fridge or a dorm-sized fridge will be more comfortable, and at that point, you'll appreciate the room for expansion (more than 450, srsly?!?)

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my experience, that setup is okay, but if you've reached the point where you need to store that many smokes, it'll be a PITA to deal with, and there are better solutions with clear sides so you can actually see what's inside instead of opening it up. TBH, a wine fridge or a dorm-sized fridge will be more comfortable, and at that point, you'll appreciate the room for expansion (more than 450, srsly?!?)
I have seen the small refrigerators that have been converted into humidors, and I've been looking for one for sale cheap, preferable "free" . I really like the idea of an old wine cooler because of the glass door. Is there anything specific I need to look for in the appliance? I thought I was fairly educated on the cigar scene, but following this thread, your posted in particular, I have decided that I have a ways to go with my knowledge base. Are there some specific cigar forums/website you follow? I've been smoking cigars for 30+ years, and I know I'm interested in starting to smoke a pipe too. Thanks for starting this thread, it's been fun following it.