• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I want to brag about my music kid

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 17 year old son released an album on Spotify, pandora, YouTube etc...just felt like one of you might give it a listen.
He did all the singing, guitar, bass and wrote the songs. His buddy laid the drum tracks down. It's a little soft for me (I am head-banger) but I think it sounds really good, so do the girls at his ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-092816_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-092816_Gmail.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220816_193351.jpg
    20220816_193351.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 9
My 17 year old son released an album on Spotify, pandora, YouTube etc...just felt like one of you might give it a listen.
He did all the singing, guitar, bass and wrote the songs. His buddy laid the drum tracks down. It's a little soft for me (I am head-banger) but I think it sounds really good, so do the girls at his ?
Right on.... sounds great!

Fantastic! What program did he use to record?

Pretty darn good! Oh I’m sure the girls are all swooning over him!

I used to have a band when I was in the teens but this sounds pretty good looks like u don’t have to pay for college lol more boat money for you ?

Fantastic! What program did he use to record?
Its called Ableton. He started recording in our basement but went to a studio in North Georgia to record the drums, he only has one good microphone. But the recording engineer took a shining to my son said all he records are rappers and Taylor Swift wannabes and hadn't done any Rock n Roll in a long time. So they re-recorded/produced most if it. The studio charged $1400 for the 8 song, which I didn't think was to bad. My son paid with his own money ?

I used to have a band when I was in the teens but this sounds pretty good looks like u don’t have to pay for college lol more boat money for you ?
I was in a thrash metal band in my teens and early twenties. My kid is having a hard time finding other musicians, you can't play live with a drummer and a guitar player. When I was young there were a bunch of kids who played music, now they just look at there phones.

I was in a thrash metal band in my teens and early twenties. My kid is having a hard time finding other musicians, you can't play live with a drummer and a guitar player. When I was young there were a bunch of kids who played music, now they just look at there phones.
He needs to find asap so he can get used to the vibes of playing live … he is very talented hope he gets a group soon

Its called Ableton. He started recording in our basement but went to a studio in North Georgia to record the drums, he only has one good microphone. But the recording engineer took a shining to my son said all he records are rappers and Taylor Swift wannabes and hadn't done any Rock n Roll in a long time. So they re-recorded/produced most if it. The studio charged $1400 for the 8 song, which I didn't think was to bad. My son paid with his own money ?
Nice! I’m familiar with Ableton. That’s not an easy thing to learn. Good for him. I hope he keeps it up.

Well, I checked out the rest of the album, and I've got to be honest here.

These are really good songs. I mean like REALLY good. I already added Satisfaction and Capgun Suicide to my playlist. Some great guitar licks, nice hooky choruses, and smart relevant lyrics. Wow. I think it's right on the level with Mammoth WVH.

Sounds great. Part of the problem is schools cutting music because of money and kids don’t get exposed to it.

Its a very good sound, I'd have rocked out to this back in the day.

These are really good songs. I mean like REALLY good. I already added Satisfaction and Capgun Suicide to my playlist. Some great guitar licks, nice hooky choruses, and smart relevant lyrics. Wow. I think it's right on the level with Mammoth WVH.
How did you find it on Spotify? Can you share a link.

INterested to hear what else this kid's done. Initial linked video is pretty good.

Picking up a little Blink-182 vibe from the tempo. Has some raspyness in his voice from time to time that helps in reducing the "popish" feel.

Thanks I'll let my boy know he is getting some jetboat fans ?

How did you find it on Spotify? Can you share a link.

INterested to hear what else this kid's done. Initial linked video is pretty good.

Picking up a little Blink-182 vibe from the tempo. Has some raspyness in his voice from time to time that helps in reducing the "popish" feel.
I can't get the link to work. Search for "All There Is" the album is call "Addiction & Consequence" and look for this pic.
20220816_193351.jpg

So cool to see a kid play music that requires talent, practice, and hard work. This is great to see in this day and age…..brag away dad!

So cool to see a kid play music that requires talent, practice, and hard work. This is great to see in this day and age…..brag away dad!
Thanks, he was down stairs is his "studio" last night mess with music and I here him yell "Come on" so I asked him what's wrong. He says my girl friend keeps texting and calling me and if I don't respond immediately she gets pissed, All I want to do is record. Then I replied "get used to it buddy get used to it"

Back