• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Inflatable puncture repair?

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Is there a thread already for this? If not, it could be useful. How do you make a good permanent repair on these vinyl towable tubes? I've struggled with making a good, lasting repair. Any tips, tricks or hacks for this? These tubes are expensive, and Idk about you all, but my kids (and friends) are rough on these things. Boat Flags.png

Tube repair:
1) Find the hole using soapy water.
2) Throw the whole thing out.
3) Give them the wakeboard.
4) Tell your friends and family to grow a pair.

In my experience, once there's damage (even with a solid repair kit) it's still just a matter of time before failure again.

I have 100% success (patch has lasted 3yrs so far) using the below pool patch from amzaon on our towables. I apply it (the heavy duty vinyl patch, not the clear junky one that comes with the glue) as directed and use one of the trigger bar clamps with the flat rubber ends (not the little pinchy spring ones) from harbor freight to apply pressure while it dries, then apply addtional (not a lot just a tiny bead) rubber cement around the edge of the patch to prevent it from folding/flipping up. Our towables take a beating.

1693423358743.png

Attachments

• 1693423314122.png
    1693423314122.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 2
This doesn't help you now, but the best repair I've found is to buy it from Costco, and return it like @Ronnie, and now myself, have done. My 3-person tube from there started leaking this year, after less than 15 uses (probably closer to 10 or less). Purchased in 2019, full refund. This was on a seam around the valve, and it was never going to seal well, so I had nothing to lose.

Been using clear gorilla tape on pool toys and a cracked bathtub. Seems like it would work on a tube for a while.

This doesn't help you now, but the best repair I've found is to buy it from Costco, and return it like @Ronnie, and now myself, have done. My 3-person tube from there started leaking this year, after less than 15 uses (probably closer to 10 or less). Purchased in 2019, full refund. This was on a seam around the valve, and it was never going to seal well, so I had nothing to lose.

My brother bought two tubes from Costco last year, one started leaking this year and the other tore at the tow point. He plans to make a an exchange trip at the start of next boating season when Costco restocks on towables. On a semi related note, o bought an above ground pool from Costco last year and am replacing it with a bigger one now. I’m in the fence about returning the first pool to Costco, it’s big, heavy and dirty, I’m sure I will feel self conscious going into the store and down right stupid if they deny me.

Last edited:
I have 100% success (patch has lasted 3yrs so far) using the below pool patch from amzaon on our towables. I apply it (the heavy duty vinyl patch, not the clear junky one that comes with the glue) as directed and use one of the trigger bar clamps with the flat rubber ends (not the little pinchy spring ones) from harbor freight to apply pressure while it dries, then apply addtional (not a lot just a tiny bead) rubber cement around the edge of the patch to prevent it from folding/flipping up. Our towables take a beating.

View attachment 207551

This is the solution. Just used it on one of my high pressure inflatables, it'll fix a towable no problem.

I did the exact same thing with a two year old towable I bought at Costco. They didn't even ask for a receipt - they looked it up.

Awesome, we use Costco too... this towable we have is awesome though... I'd like to keep it as ling as possible.
I have this pool patch kit, I'll try that with the clamps. Thanks for all the input guys!

Back