• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snorkeling Masks

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we bought ours at west marine a couple of years ago and my grandson and I have used them for hours at a time with no ill effects... though it would be argued my some that I'm not quite rite to begin with...

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
What type of masks do you use for snorkeling? On our upcoming trip I purchased 7 of these masks for the all the kids the Admiral and the BIL. I have my own Mask and Dry Snorkel. I was about to buy 7 sets of fins. Really want them to have a good time, been a rough year for everyone. I am wondering if I should just return the full Face Masks and get regular Masks. I tried the full face in the pool and it is seemed to work fine. Found it was a bit more bouyant though.

I know we have members whom snorkel down south and in Bimini. Looking for any suggestions or if anyone has used a full face mask and what you thought. Trying to be budget friendly. I am sure the our kids will use them again though and maybe bring their friends when we go to clearer lakes.

This is what I bought, 7 of them and they came in today.
Amazon.com : W WSTOO Snorkel Mask with Latest Dry Top Breathing System,Fold 180 Degree Panoramic View Full Face Snorkel Mask Anti-Fog Anti-Leak with Camera Mount,Snorkeling Gear for Adults and Kids : Sports & Outdoors

Also looking at fins, man there are a lot of them out there.
No expert but that newer style seems like the way to go, at least for recreational divers.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No expert but that newer style seems like the way to go, at least for recreational divers.
For recreational surface snorkeling only. When I was younger, I was pretty quickly interested in diving down to get a closer look at things, and the air volume in those full face masks is simply to large to do that. If this may be a one and done sort of snorkeling trip, full face is fine. If you plan to do this often, and possibly progress to diving....a standard mask is they way to go.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean newer style? If you mean full face, I would stay away from them. After research and actually witnessing someone having problems with the CO2 build up, I prefer the the standard mask. I initially liked the concept and bought 8 of them. Switched over to the standard.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean newer style? If you mean full face, I would stay away from them. After research and actually witnessing someone having problems with the CO2 build up, I prefer the the standard mask. I initially liked the concept and bought 8 of them. Switched over to the standard.
We use a standard mask.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I only use full face but only dive a 6-7 feet max. I feel safer with them.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only use full face but only dive a 6-7 feet max. I feel safer with them.
I really wanted to like them and use them, but unfortunately I concluded to not use them.