• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Integrated Cooler?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
im not sure how close you are to getting it to fit but if you pull the mat out from under it and it does not fit you can also flip the yeti over and pull out the 4 rubber feet. that will gain you another 3/8-1/2". a 45 yeti wont quite fit in the 275 cooler spot but if you remove the feet it just squeaks in with 1/8" to spare plus it slides in and out of the cabinet better. it may be similar in the 252

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'm going to continue my search for a decent cooler that fits in the "cooler spot" on my 252SD. That sad thing that came with it will do for now I guess. It's so hot here this summer you can't stand to be out all day anyway.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's interesting that the YETI 45 won't fit in your boat when it fits in other people's boats... just difference in build tolerances I guess.

An Engel 45 would be an alternative, plenty of height clearance for the cooler spot and much bigger capacity than the Yeti 45 (48qt vs 37 qt).

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It's interesting that the YETI 45 won't fit in your boat when it fits in other people's boats... just difference in build tolerances I guess.

An Engel 45 would be an alternative, plenty of height clearance for the cooler spot and much bigger capacity than the Yeti 45 (48qt vs 37 qt).
I'm just not ready to spend for a Yeti. I have an RTIC 45 that I use for hunting / coastal fishing that I need to measure for.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm just not ready to spend for a Yeti. I have an RTIC 45 that I use for hunting / coastal fishing that I need to measure for.
Sorry, I confused you with a previous poster (Big Wil) that said the Yeti 45 wouldn't fit in his boat. My bad for not going back to look at the names to confirm. FWIW, I'm not ready to spend money on a Yeti 45 either!

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Still looking for the right cooler, Yeti 45 too tall (feet on) mat in place. Engle 45 (photos) fits with room to spare on top and feet on, with mat in place- but captain’s seat shifted forward. Nice cooler, more room inside than Yeti 45, but am not sold as I need the seat all the way back (I’m 6ft 1”)

Attachments

Shabah182

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The problem I have is on my 212S is I put it in the port console locker and a normal flip top lid is harder to access. So, I use the cooler they sent with the boat because you can get in quickly and not have to fuss with anything. The lid hinge is on the "short" side of the rectangular cooler. Yes, very minor complaint. BUT if anyone knows of a yeti or better cooler that you can access quickly while fitting in that compartment let me know. To date I cannot find anything that opens on that short side besides softside coolers which I'm not that interested in.