• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler missing.

krypto69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
HI

The cooler for my 2023 AR220 didn't come with the boat.

Was going to buy the Yamaha OEM cooler but don't see a part number listed.

Want something that fits in the same spot behind seat as the OEM cooler but would be fine with an upgrade (Yeti- like)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HI

Want something that fits in the same spot behind seat as the OEM cooler but would be fine with an upgrade (Yeti- like)
Not sure about your boat but mine came with a cheap Igloo blue cooler. Its ok for the day but not anything close to a yeti

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HI

Have you contacted your dealer you bought it from and asked about the cooler?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Have you contacted your dealer you bought it from and asked about the cooler?
@krypto69 As mentioned, contact your salesman or dealer rep.

My boat came with an Igloo cooler which works fine (no need for an overpriced Yeti), however it would slide around since it's on wheels and has a plastic base. So I bought a pair of AO soft sided coolers. They're fabric so they "grab" the seadeck and don't move at all. I put them behind the passenger and captain chairs out of the way, yet they're easy to access through the zippered pocket.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was in Menards today and they had coolers that would work perfectly as a replacement for the igloo, if that is what you want. Open from the side, will slide in and have the wheels. They are Coleman.
Now with that being said, I also went out and bought the AO soft sided coolers. 2 of them. They work fantastic and can be stored horizontally or vertically. As 212s indicated they won't slide around. I haven't taken my stock cooler on the boat since I bought them.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The "Yamaha" cooler is nothing special. There's no "fitted" area for it, and it slides around because it's a rolling cooler. This is/was the one that came with ours (and many others).

I would upgrade to any number of other coolers, like those suggested here. I personally got 2 Coleman 24-can party stacker coolers that fit perfectly under the port bench seat, but it appears to be discontinued.

*edit* my phone isn't playing nice with the forum software, I'll try attaching the pic later

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have a 275SD with the wet bar and the cooler is stored underneath it. I'm thinking about installing a sliding tray to sit the cooler on so it is secure and easy to pull out and put back when it's full. I have seen these on motorhomes in there outer storage compartments and they are very slick.

I need to measure the compartment to see what size tray would fit and then what size cooler I could put on it maximize the space.

But now as I type this I'm wondering if I should go with a Yeti..... or get a 12V / 120V Portable RV Refrigerator / Freezer? I'd probably install a second house battery of I went the route of a portable refrigerator. My only concern is since it is an enclosed area, it may get too warm with a fridge compressor running.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 7.22.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 7.28.08 AM.png

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My fridge uses about 1 amp per hour on average. It uses more during initial cooling.

I ran a 27 our test with it loaded with warm water bottles before installing in the boat.

The compressor is in an underseat pocket behind the fridge. I have never had any issue with that compartment getting too warm. I have had the fridge running 24/7 since 2014 powering it off for some winters.

I keep the boat's onboard charger plugged in when not boating. I have burned up one onboard charger over the 9 years of running the fridge. I have considered installing a separate 12V power supply with a DPDT relay to switch the fridge to the AC to DC power supply when plugged in.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Judge The Yeti cooler is great option but you have to buy the sliding feet for it (~$15). It makes a huge difference. The ones that come on the coolers are meant to grip so they don't slide.