• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dometic CFX3 75DZ Powered Cooler Refrigerator/freezer for the boat

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was totally blindsided by this purchase. Willow said we had a UPS package delivered to the "side door" which around here means one of the barn doors. So I go down to the barn, and expected a small envelope or box. Well I opened the door and tripped over a much bigger box in the dark. I said to myself...WTF. I lifted the box and it was much heavier than I expected. When I carried the box to the back of the Subaru, I could see what SHE had purchased, without telling me. I mean, I did suspect something when she started a thread about powered coolers on the Beneteau "S" group she started a couple of years ago on FB. But there were few responces, so I thought she dropped the idea. Well, it's here. Now I gotta find a place to put it, anchor it down. Funny, it is heavier than the anchor on the Bene, at 61#'s. Anyway, first looks at it. It will not be used for a few months.

Question: Do your wives/partners order stuff for the boat like a first mate? You know, discussing the purchase before it shows up. OR a Captain of the boat. You know, sit down shut up and enjoy the ride. :winkingthumbsup"

Anyway here are a few pictures at the unboxing.

20210120_212319.jpg

20210120_212351.jpg
20210121_055633.jpg

20210121_055703.jpg

20210121_075341.jpg

20210121_061232.jpg

She said "It was not cheap". I said "You mean what, like YETI"? She only laughed.

I had to look it up this morning. Amazon.com: Dometic CFX3 75DZ Portable Refrigerator and Freezer, Powered by AC or Solar: Appliances

We will find out how the refrigerator/freezer works on this unit, in a few months.

Last edited:

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was totally blindsided by this purchase. Willow said we had a UPS delivered to the "side door" which around here means one of the barn doors. So I go down to the barn, and expected a small envelope or box. Well I opened the door and tripped over a much bigger box in the dark. I said to myself...WTF. I lifted the box and it was much heavier than I expected. When I carried the box to the back of the Subaru, I could see what SHE had purchased, without telling me. I mean, I did suspect something when she started a thread about powered coolers on the Beneteau "S" group she started a couple of years ago on FB. But there were few responces, so I thought she dropped the idea. Well, it's here. Now I gotta find a place to put it, anchor it down. Funny, it is heavier than the anchor on the Bene. Anyway, first looks as it will not be used for a few months.

Question: Do your wives/partners order stuff for the boat like a first mate? You know, discussing the purchase before it shows up. OR a Captain of the boat. You know, sit down shut up and enjoy the ride. :winkingthumbsup"

View attachment 140512

View attachment 140513
View attachment 140514

View attachment 140515

View attachment 140516

She said "It was not cheap". I said "You mean what, like YETI"? She only laughed.

I had to look it up this morning. Amazon.com: Dometic CFX3 75DZ Portable Refrigerator and Freezer, Powered by AC or Solar: Appliances

We will find out how the refrigerator/freezer works on this unit, in a few months.
Looks very cool, yes pun intended. In our house, if either of us ordered something in that price range without a prior discussion it would not go over well. 😂
On the other hand I have friends whose financial situation is VERY comfy and they wouldn’t blink at spending 10x that without discussion.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is her money. She has spent more for less in the past. I try not to tell her how to spend it. That is one of my secrets to staying married nearly 30 years. She said she wanted to surprise me.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like she's getting ready to sail down to Bimini.

When it comes to the boat it is her boat and I am the Captain. I handle the maintenance, towing, prep and navigation she handles a majority of the purchases such as audio, Seadeck, cover and cleaning supplies. When we started I had to do most of everything while on the water but now it's overall a group effort by all 4 of us. The kids are starting to help now with cleaning, covering/uncovering, loading & unloading of gear, anchoring, getting the toy's out, grilling and just about everything that comes with owning a boat which makes it easier on me.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like she's getting ready to sail down to Bimini.

When it comes to the boat it is her boat and I am the Captain. I handle the maintenance, towing, prep and navigation she handles a majority of the purchases such as audio, Seadeck, cover and cleaning supplies. When we started I had to do most of everything while on the water but now it's overall a group effort by all 4 of us. The kids are starting to help now with cleaning, covering/uncovering, loading & unloading of gear, anchoring, getting the toy's out, grilling and just about everything that comes with owning a boat which makes it easier on me.
Believe me, if we could get away at that time of year, we would. Her short time plan is to take the dogs out for weekend trips around Champlain. The Bene has what equates to a top opening dorm room fridge/freezer. The ice cube tray freezer section is always full of frost/ice in order to keep the fridge cold enough. The bottom of that fridge is always wet and drains into the bilge. I will have to mount this one in the aft cabin if I can get it through the door. It will be close. The thing is pretty cool...it has two compartments/zones and can be powered by AC or DC.

20210121_094139.jpg

20210121_094037_1.jpg

This is definetly something you will want to lock down if we use it on the open Yamaha. Pretty expensive for someone to walk away with.

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was totally blindsided by this purchase. Willow said we had a UPS package delivered to the "side door" which around here means one of the barn doors. So I go down to the barn, and expected a small envelope or box. Well I opened the door and tripped over a much bigger box in the dark. I said to myself...WTF. I lifted the box and it was much heavier than I expected. When I carried the box to the back of the Subaru, I could see what SHE had purchased, without telling me. I mean, I did suspect something when she started a thread about powered coolers on the Beneteau "S" group she started a couple of years ago on FB. But there were few responces, so I thought she dropped the idea. Well, it's here. Now I gotta find a place to put it, anchor it down. Funny, it is heavier than the anchor on the Bene, at 61#'s. Anyway, first looks at it. It will not be used for a few months.

View attachment 140512

View attachment 140513
View attachment 140514

View attachment 140515

View attachment 140518

View attachment 140516

Congrats on the new boat accessory. I am sure the first cold one you have out of it on the boat will make you smile.

Given all of the posts on here indicative of husbands hiding/disguising/undervaluing boat related purchases from their wives I find this amusing. Given what I have gleaned from this forum over the years about you ( @zipper ) It sounds like you and your wife are both awesome people that are great partners in each other.

To answer your ( @zipper ) question; it is me that makes all of the boat related purchases but that is less because of how funded and more about me being the chief engineer and very particular. I usually do let my wife know what I am doing to/for the boat ahead of time as a matter of general conversation. Her only request over the years was fenders that were easier to work with as I am usually the helm for docking as she does not like figuring out a clove hitch or bowline. When I saw the mission boat gear fenders I purchased them.

Wishing you pleasant boating weather sooner than later.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat accessory. I am sure the first cold one you have out of it on the boat will make you smile.

Given all of the posts on here indicative of husbands hiding/disguising/undervaluing boat related purchases from their wives I find this amusing. Given what I have gleaned from this forum over the years about you ( @zipper ) It sounds like you and your wife are both awesome people that are great partners in each other.

To answer your ( @zipper ) question; it is me that makes all of the boat related purchases but that is less because of how funded and more about me being the chief engineer and very particular. I usually do let my wife know what I am doing to/for the boat ahead of time as a matter of general conversation. Her only request over the years was fenders that were easier to work with as I am usually the helm for docking as she does not like figuring out a clove hitch or bowline. When I saw the mission boat gear fenders I purchased them.

Wishing you pleasant boating weather sooner than later.
Thanks, Ya I was trying to stir that pot of "husbands not telling wives about buying boat parts." Funny when the boatshoe is on the other foot. I think this thing will be a great addition to the galley. We can make our own ice cubes instead of buying a bag. Ice cream, popsicles and all the frozen foods we can cook in the Ninja Foodie Grille or on the induction burner in the galley, while at the slip. And you are right about that first one, can't come soon enough.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Such things are discussed in my house. But, then again, the boat is basically mine and she doesn't go on it much (no less buy for it, unless she is buying for me for it). If I'm gonna drop $500 on something, it deserves a discussion.

That thing does look like a monster. Does it come with a mount or something to hold it to... something?

Once it is up and running, that is going to be sweet for either/both boats! No more warm cheese with your wine (on the B) or lukewarm beer (on the jet)!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure that my wife has never ordered any accessories for the boat. She just sits back with her arms crossed and questions my purchases. :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 140512

View attachment 140513
View attachment 140514

View attachment 140515

View attachment 140518

View attachment 140516

You lucky bastard! Enjoy yourself! Meanwhile the rest of us will spend our time on our knees begging and groveling to buy new dock lines! LOL

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Such things are discussed in my house. But, then again, the boat is basically mine and she doesn't go on it much (no less buy for it, unless she is buying for me for it). If I'm gonna drop $500 on something, it deserves a discussion.

That thing does look like a monster. Does it come with a mount or something to hold it to... something?

Once it is up and running, that is going to be sweet for either/both boats! No more warm cheese with your wine (on the B) or lukewarm beer (on the jet)!
Ya, I will need to find a place to anchor it down so it does not get tossed around. It will work great on both boats.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You lucky bastard! Enjoy yourself! Meanwhile the rest of us will spend our time on our knees begging and groveling to buy new dock lines! LOL
Just wanted to show you the internal lighting and it's ability to freeze ice cubes solid. It has been approved by the Captain. I hope you did not expect a DRY run.
The request for new dock lines can wait until April. ;)

20210121_171924.jpg

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

View attachment 140512

View attachment 140513
View attachment 140514

View attachment 140515

View attachment 140518

View attachment 140516

@zipper ..... on our last crusier we had two Dometic refrigerators dual 12v and 110v. They were awesome. :cool: @zipper BTW That's one hell of an "Admiral" you have there - she buys boat toys????? Nice choice man.....I mean the "Admiral" not the 'fridge! :cool:

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper ..... on our last crusier we had two Dometic refrigerators dual 12v and 110v. they were awesome. :cool:
The fridge in the Beneteau is 12v and a top loader that you have to lean over to get to the bottom. It works well still, but very disorganized with things on top of one another. The utility of the freeze section was useless. This one is very versatile.with the use of 120VAC or 12VDC. Can use it in the car too.

Edit: I agree with your edit.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife will mention what she wishes were easier to use or more functional, but I'm a much better shopper than she is. I will search for something, whereas she is more of the "pay and pray" type of shopper. She will get small items for use on the boat, but she would never buy anything for the boat without checking with me.

She works part time, so dropping that much money - she's told me she has a dollar amount that she won't spend beyond without telling me because I then have to work to replace it, and it's far less than that amount. Guys tell me I'm lucky, and I just tell them we both work at being a good mate for the other, and fighting over money is due to terrible communication. Sounds like you guys do a great job

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fridge in the Beneteau is 12v and a top loader that you have to lean over to get to the bottom. It works well still, but very disorganized with things on top of one another. The utility of the freeze section was useless. This one is very versatile.with the use of 120VAC or 12VDC. Can use it in the car too.

Edit: I agree with your edit.
So can you set it to freezer or fridge temperatures? I see a ton of dual voltage fridge/freezers on Amazon....the Dometics are the most expensive (more or less)....I might try a cheaper one and try it out in bimini.....but you probably get what you pay for. We fish quite a bit in there (not catching HUGE fish) and always need ice before we go out. If we had a freezer big eough that I could throw a liner in it and just drop the fish in it....that would save the whole $5 bag of ice morning hunting routine....

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So can you set it to freezer or fridge temperatures? I see a ton of dual voltage fridge/freezers on Amazon....the Dometics are the most expensive (more or less)....I might try a cheaper one and try it out in bimini.....but you probably get what you pay for. We fish quite a bit in there (not catching HUGE fish) and always need ice before we go out. If we had a freezer big eough that I could throw a liner in it and just drop the fish in it....that would save the whole $5 bag of ice morning hunting routine....
Would you need ice (for the fish) if this kept everything cold? Bags of ice is for us poor people, right?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Would you need ice (for the fish) if this kept everything cold? Bags of ice is for us poor people, right?
Yup....that is my point....no need for ice...just throw them in the freezer. And we could use this for road trips and more.