• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dometic CFX3 75DZ Powered Cooler Refrigerator/freezer for the boat

Here are the current draw numbers per Dometic.

View attachment 140639

Thanks for the specs ! Have you tried it in the boat yet? I’ll try and see what the circuit breaker size is on my 12V PowerPoint is..all the others are 5 A.

Where are you guys putting this fridge/cooler/freezer that its not a PIA to be around?

On a friend's boat! ?

I've got one of those Coolest coolers that I "won" from the Pepsi Points thing, didn't cost me anything, and I had visions of taking that out on the boat, blending up some margaritas...then it arrived, and...let's just say I'm glad it didn't cost me any actual money.

We have an ice maker that we used on the camper. Was thinking of adding an inverter and plug and using that during the summer or, just spend $2 on a bag of ice and call it a day..lol

Since you've used those for your camper, you're familiar with how they're better than nothing. My experience with those things is that I have to run at least 2-3 batches through the machine, using that ice to cool down the water, before it starts making "useful" ice. That's not from using it on the boat, either, that's simply having it in the non-A/C lake house. I'd suspect having it on the boat, out in the sun, would be an uphill battle. Make/buy some ice before heading out on the boat. You're going to drain your battery for what I suspect to be lackluster results.

Side note, those portable icemaker ice cubes make the absolute best blended margaritas if you've got a Margaritaville machine. Who knew the type of ice could make such a big difference in drinks?

Thanks for the specs ! Have you tried it in the boat yet? I’ll try and see what the circuit breaker size is on my 12V PowerPoint is..all the others are 5 A.

No, not yet. It is still March in Vermont. No need for a cooler when this morning's temp. is 12° F. Warmer, 50's, this weekend and Sunday we will be removing the Winter cover.

Since you've used those for your camper, you're familiar with how they're better than nothing. My experience with those things is that I have to run at least 2-3 batches through the machine, using that ice to cool down the water, before it starts making "useful" ice. That's not from using it on the boat, either, that's simply having it in the non-A/C lake house. I'd suspect having it on the boat, out in the sun, would be an uphill battle. Make/buy some ice before heading out on the boat. You're going to drain your battery for what I suspect to be lackluster results.

Side note, those portable icemaker ice cubes make the absolute best blended margaritas if you've got a Margaritaville machine. Who knew the type of ice could make such a big difference in drinks?

You are spot on. These machines are great in a RV/Camper setting in the shade and inside the camper with AC on but in the sun on a boat it would be painful to wait for it to make ice. Plus the ice isnt very dense and would melt quickly. Margaritta's and Pina Colada's are awesome with that soft ice.
Bags of ice it is! :winkingthumbsup"

We put it on the boat and it makes ice very well. It also keeps sides to be cooked in the Ninja foodie grill frozen until we want them.
Ice cream, not a problem.

20210624_182829.jpg

20210624_182201.jpg

I keep a gallon jug of cold water in the camper fridge to give my ice maker a head start. Saved Independence Day last year when the campground store ran out of ice. I had a line of people at our site asking for ice!

I bought this Alpicool freezer for my husband and I to use on the road. I’ve traveled with this box for more than 25,000 miles in both my camping, fishing, and cruising trips. I wish I had bought it sooner. This freezer is AWESOME! It works great! No issues, I have it hooked up to a 100 watt solar panel and deep cycle battery and it performs well, the battery cut off works to, there is a cheat sheet to set it to different settings.

Last edited:
Looks like she's getting ready to sail down to Bimini.

When it comes to the boat it is her boat and I am the Captain. I handle the maintenance, towing, prep and navigation she handles a majority of the purchases such as audio, Seadeck, cover and cleaning supplies. When we started I had to do most of everything while on the water but now it's overall a group effort by all 4 of us. The kids are starting to help now with cleaning, covering/uncovering, loading & unloading of gear, anchoring, getting the toy's out, grilling and just about everything that comes with owning a boat which makes it easier on me.

The PDQ catamaran may make a trip down there in the near future. Got some refit and familiarization to do first. I should be well versed in this catamaran by the end of our trip in May.

Back