• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is anyone using an inflatable stand up paddle board (SUP)?

gmb501

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought a Boardworks MCIT inflatable SUP two years ago and love it. Yes, you do get a good workout inflating the SUP but I think the harder workout is getting it to fix back into the bag when you trying to put it away. We went with an inflatible SUP because we do not have a good place to store a rigid SUP. We live in a historic neighborhood with a small lot and no garage. We store it on our camper.

Once inflated it is great. My kids love playing on it. Last summer, we have 6 or 7 kids playing on it at the same time and they had a blast with it.

http://boardworkssurf.com/s/mcit/

We purchased it from Paddle Finatics in Northwest Arkansas at a boat show. Debbie, the owner was great to deal with. http://www.paddlefinatics.com/

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The board has a really nice valve that prevents air escaping when you disconnect the pump.
Dont forget to set the valve properly before starting or you'll have to do those last ~80 pumps all over again!! :mad:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have transported a tube on top of the Bimini at low speeds. But I am not certain that I would want a paddle board up there. It is more of a point load.

We transported a hard paddle board in the boat at Lake Murray. It was fine for the day.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I am planning on buying a hard SUP here pretty soon. I plan on transporting it out on the lake with us by throwing it on top of the bimini. I will probably pick up some of these racks:

http://www.bulletlines.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=265&gdftrk=gdfV26837_a_7c423_a_7c4216_a_7c265
@d_coyne1984 These will NOT work with our bimini! The site doesn't provide much information about them at ALL! I was set to buy them but thought I would make sure they would work. I will post the email replies if I can find them. Basically, our bimini poles are too small :( I can't find the email (maybe I even talked to them on phone) but I believe the tubing has to be 1 1/4" and ours is 7/8

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The first day of inflatable paddle boarding went well.

We had 10 people on board including a baby plus shisk ka bobs and the grill for dinner and the margarita mixer for pina coladas so the boat was pretty packed. The deflated board was stored in the bow under the bow filler cushion.

Rana was able to inflate the board standing on the swim deck. I had unrolled the board in the water and connected the air hose.

At the end of the day I deflated the board and rolled it up around the pump while it was floating in the water. It easily slips back into the included back pack.

The deflated board still floats so this was an easy process that was made easier by being in water where I could stand.

I believe this board will get the most usage of any water toy that I have purchased.

Attachments

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! I need to quit debating and just go buy one.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought an NRS Earl 6 last year. Lots of fun. Nice, rigid, inflatable.

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I pumped it up on the boat yesterday... Placed the board in the water and the pump over the fitting for the table on the swim deck.... Was not to bad; harder to pump as you go but, so worth it!

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I was out on my parents SUP last weekend giving rides to my two kids. I started with one kiddo then the other for a total of three rides each. Finally, I decided to take both kids at the same time and the board handled us great. Looks like I need to get one too now.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was out on my parents SUP last weekend giving rides to my two kids. I started with one kiddo then the other for a total of three rides each. Finally, I decided to take both kids at the same time and the board handled us great. Looks like I need to get one too now.
What size do you have?

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My parents have an 11'6". It's solid/not inflatable. I weigh 155 and added 100 when they were both on it. From what I have researched, the inflatables are very firm. I will be getting an inflatable when I pull the trigger.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce Thank you for posting, this looks like a great deal! My wife has wanted one, and I'm looking. Almost missed this, did not occur to me to look for SUP advice on jetboaters..!:winkingthumbsup"
Will it float a bigger guy, say 225lbs?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce Thank you for posting, this looks like a great deal! My wife has wanted one, and I'm looking. Almost missed this, did not occur to me to look for SUP advice on jetboaters..!:winkingthumbsup"
Will it float a bigger guy, say 225lbs?
That board is rated for 270 pounds. I am pretty sure we have had more than 225 on it without a problem.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's my understanding from my own research that a 225lb rider will need a 6" thick inflatable sup or go to a rigid board. The boards tend to sag in the middle under a lot of weight but if your not using it 100% if the time it may not bother you. You won't break it -- it will just sag.

I've been eyeing up Tower SUP's:
http://www.towerpaddleboards.com/mobile/

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good lookin out @Bruce ! Ironically, ordered one 2 days ago. I mean, Santa is bringing Karie one I think. Thanks to you and @Rana for providing such a great gift idea. She's talked about it ever since getting back from Bimini.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm thinking about selling my NRS Earl 6. 6" inflatable with adjustable fiberglass paddle. I see they are closing them out. I paid $1195 with the paddle. I thought the Mrs would enjoy it but she hated it. I took it out a few times. Looks like new. Will carry a ton :)

http://www.nrs.com/product/86098.02/nrs-earl-6-inflatable-sup-board-closeout

I also have a west marine inflatable kayak that I'll let go also if someone is interested. Also with adjustable paddle.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--scout-advanced-frame-inflatable-kayak--11842028