• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is anyone using an inflatable stand up paddle board (SUP)?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce Thanks for the link, ordered mine for wife. Perfect Xmas gift!
Free shipping, too, although they do charge tax (which is BS). Still a fantastic deal!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking about selling my NRS Earl 6. 6" inflatable with adjustable fiberglass paddle. I see they are closing them out. I paid $1195 with the paddle. I thought the Mrs would enjoy it but she hated it. I took it out a few times. Looks like new. Will carry a ton :)

http://www.nrs.com/product/86098.02/nrs-earl-6-inflatable-sup-board-closeout

I also have a west marine inflatable kayak that I'll let go also if someone is interested. Also with adjustable paddle.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--scout-advanced-frame-inflatable-kayak--11842028
Post it in the classified section. I'm sure somebody will bite.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce Thanks for posting the great tip about these boards! Got one for my wife for Xmas. She has been talking about trying one out for a while now.
Now she can!

upload_2015-12-26_12-57-27.png

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still have for sale? Wife is interested in one of these...
Pm me if you need another supplier. I've got a guy here in Southern California that I believe will ship anywhere and has two different styles of inflatable boards at great prices. I've bought both solid and inflatable boards from him. Pm me for details.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just recently bought an iRocker inflatable SUP. Quality seems great! As others have said, pumping to 15 psi is a bit of work, but the board is rock hard when inflated and has a 350 lb capacity.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have started inflating the SUP with our 12 volt tube pump then adding 10 or 15 pumps with the hand pump to top it off.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've bought a few inflatables and a rigid board from this guy. He has a shop a few miles away from my house. He sells both new and "used". He's a really nice guy and inspects every board he sells. He is a member of this site @SoCal SUP Deals I convinced him to join a while back in order to sell a few boards, but I don't think he ever comes on line here. As far as price, I don't think anybody could beat him, for the quality at least.

David
SoCal SUP Deals
(714) 721-8050
Http://www.socalsupdeals.com

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We use our Isle inflatable sups a lot, we have two of their boards and like them both. Now our pup has taken a liking to the board and its hard to keep her off. Its good having her aboard.

IMG_20170622_140607687_HDR.jpgThe board we are on is their 11' Explorer. My Avatar pic. shows the 10' All Around.

Last edited:

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have the iRocker 11' board. Very stable. Love it.

Make sure you get a 6" thick board. More stable than the 4" boards.

Can use tube inflator to fill the bulk and then finish with the included manual pump.

iRocker has 3 fins. Big help in tracking straight. Entire family uses it when we go out and doubles as a big float off the deck.

Paddle that comes with it is not good so we invested in a good Accent fiberglass paddle. Carbon paddles are great but pricey.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my wife an inflatable SUP for her birthday, B-Day is the end of this month but I've had the board for a couple weeks now. We went to the lake Saturday so I loaded it in the boat.
When we anchored out at our normal spot and the kids started playing I asked her if she wanted her present early, "sure, I'm guessing it's something I'd want to have out here".
I started airing it up and she got super excited when she figured out what it was!

I orded it from SOCalsupdeals that @itsdgm posted above, I got a new Jimmy Styks i3 with shipping and everything I paid $414. Pretty good deal if you ask me, took about 4 days to receive it.
I like that the bag with everything it needs easily fits under my starboard rear seat!

It was her first time ever being on one so it took a little bit to get used to it.

Attachments

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have two iSUPs with a 12V pump. Great when we combine the beach, with car access, and the boat. My wife can fit the two SUPs, pump, two chairs, small kayak, beach canopy, cooler, and lunch in the Prius.

One of these days we will bring a SUP in a boat cupboard for use while anchored.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rana's inflatable SUP is always in our boat. I bet we have two in the boat next year.

Speaking of pump, our Airhead high volume 12v pump takes care of 80% of the inflation. We use it then use the hand pump for 25 additional pumps.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rana's inflatable SUP is always in our boat. I bet we have two in the boat next year.

Speaking of pump, our Airhead high volume 12v pump takes care of 80% of the inflation. We use it then use the hand pump for 25 additional pumps.
Did you make an adapter for your pump? I used my pump but had to just hold the fitting together.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you make an adapter for your pump? I used my pump but had to just hold the fitting together.
We have had this pump https://www.airhead.com/12v-high-pressure-pump.html since 2013. One of the adapters fits the SUP. I believe we paid about half of that advertised price.

I should have mentioned, I do not open the valve to deflate, I let the pump suck it dry which makes it easier to roll compactly.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length