• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is anyone using an inflatable stand up paddle board (SUP)?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys. I'm going to sell one of my Jimmy Styks inflatable SUP boards. It's used, has a few rub marks, but is in good shape. It comes with everything in the pics plus the carrying bag/backpack. If you're in Southern California and can pick it up or meet up with me, it's you're for $175IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0477.JPG

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With that pump I can fill my 10'paddle board in something like the 8 minutes mentioned earlier.

I do not use a hand pump at all. I use the electric all the way to 14 or 15 psi. It inflates relatively quickly until it goes to high pressure mode, then it is much slower. Like 1 psi every 30 seconds or so... lol.
Maybe we got the loud and less powerful unit. I did have to repair the H.P. hose right out of the box. Maybe mine could go all the way to 13-14 psi, but we do not like listening to it for that long. As you said it slows down once you get a few psi on the gauge and takes time to get to the 8-9 psi I stop at. From there 25-30 hand pumps gets me to 13 psi. Maybe there is still a leak in the hose, but I do not hear air escaping when I shut the pump off. For reference the board I am talking about is 11' x 32" x 6", so a little more volume than some but not huge. I think I am going to try the Airhead Super High Pressure 20 psi pump out.

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh yeah, it's loud. And for mine it's not great because the valve on the isup is a little different than the end on the pump hose, so I have to hold it. But manually inflating two paddleboards is way more of a workout than paddleboarding all day, and once I have them pumped up, we're done with the pump for the day. The only thing louder than the pump while inflating is the high pitched whistle when I push the release valve on the isup. Lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My thinking is that any inflator that connects to a cigarette lighter style socket is going to be low performing. The airhead high pressure tube pump draws 28 amps. The super high pressure is less than 20 amps and I believe most 12 volt sockets are 15 amps or less.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Super High Pressure Airhead requires a source of at least 20 amps, based on info in link above, and comes with an adapter to connect directly to battery as I am sure that the boats accessory outlet is rated at less.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Super High Pressure Airhead requires a source of at least 20 amps, based on info in link above, and comes with an adapter to connect directly to battery as I am sure that the boats accessory outlet is rated at less.
20 is quite a bit less than 28.

I am wondering if something like the Air Head High Pressure followed by a high volume 12 car inflator would be the way to go.

Last edited:

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Picked up a nice 11' SUP this spring. Didn't think I'd ever try it but I did and its not bad. Just wondering if you guys found a decent way to store it while inflated, for the weekend, while on the boat? Didn't really want to deflate it on Saturday evening, then blow it back up Sunday morning. Hoping theres a rack or bracket of some sort that will hold it either above the tower/bimini or under the tower on the port side. Any ideas?

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love my red paddle board. 20 psi is as sturdy an inflatable you will find