• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is August!!! bring the 2017 Yamaha boat line up

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What happened to this thread? We are only a week away and rumors should be in frenzy mode by now.
But reality is the 212X is getting twin GE turbines and a trailer that automatically scrubs the hull every time you retrieve.
The rumor mill people all bought boats the last couple years.
And as was brought up elsewhere, no mikey to go snoop!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have heard some rumors. Some may even be confirmed. All we be spilled in 10 days ......

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've been lurking in this thread...

I just have to say that it sure sounds like Christmas in August...and there's a whole board full of little boys out here anxiously waiting to see what goodies will be available...

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am rolling the dice on some sort of trim/directional for the jets. I also think we will see new engines in the 21's and the 19'. Some kind of wake shaper may also make the cut but that may still be year away.

Its promising that the new 19' might have 260 Hp which is only 10 less than what I have now. Plenty powerful on the LS and great hole shot. I would prefer to have 300+ hp and naturally aspirated but I think they will continue to leverage intercooler/turbo. Good news that the timing chains will be and have been (2016) beefed up as well.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
AR195, that's all I can say ;)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Um....you guys really need to stop talking about a monster 192! Like seriously STOP IT! :oops:

I swear if they roll out a beefed up 192 after all the rumor mill talk about only the 21' getting some big love this year, I'm going to punch myself in the nads :arghh:. I will blame it on all of y'all and everyone will be responsible for coming up with the difference in me taking the hit on trade-in :p. I figure all of you can spare $50-100 each and that should cover it.

For mine ......and y'alls sake..... I hope your wrong!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Still just want an exciter with svho. Or two. But with no storage for the current boat it can wait i guess.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Um....you guys really need to stop talking about a monster 192! Like seriously STOP IT! :oops:

I swear if they roll out a beefed up 192 after all the rumor mill talk about only the 21' getting some big love this year, I'm going to punch myself in the nads :arghh:. I will blame it on all of y'all and everyone will be responsible for coming up with the difference in me taking the hit on trade-in :p. I figure all of you can spare $50-100 each and that should cover it.

For mine ......and y'alls sake..... I hope your wrong!
What if it is only a 192+3? That is not quite a Monster 192?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What if it is only a 192+3? That is not quite a Monster 192?
Im talking about the rumors of the more powerful SVHO. If it's 260hp that's 50 more than I have now. I'd gladly take that in a 19' boat! Space isn't a huge issue for us right now, of course I'd always welcome more :).

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Sea-Doo will be releasing their 17 Tonight! Hope yamaha will be not too far behind

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sea-Doo? Are they getting back in to boats?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
No i was just saying they are releasing the 2017 models...

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was waiting to see what they did with the 24 footers (probably not much) or possibly the 21 footers (which I heard may be substantial) but ended up buying a gently used 2013 SX240 with 45 hours on it. So far im happy with it. Hopefully that feelings lasts a few years so I dont go broke haha.

Do they release the jet skis at the same time as the boats?

kmaxima

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New poster, but been reading a ton here as me and the wife are looking to upgrade from our little starter Sugar Sand into a new Yamaha. Question for those that have been around, we are getting pretty close to pulling the trigger but seeing this talk of the new 2017's being announced and knowing the current incentives are up on the 23rd I'm wondering if it is a better idea to try and get in on the current incentives or is it likely (from past years experience) that there will be better ones on the 2016's after the 2017's are announced? Fairly doubtful I would want to wait around for the 2017's next year but if there is likely a better deal to be had on a 16 after they are announced I'd be fine with waiting.

Thanks to all here for the ton of info I have been able to get, has really made learning about what we want so much easier.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@kmaxima, the best priced deals on 2016s are likely to be after the boating season and after the 2017s are on the lots. But that means you would not get to use it this year. If you can find a deal you like on a 2016 I would jump on it and enjoy some boating time in your new boat this year. Knowing the 2017s will be announced soon the dealer might even sweeten the deal for you.

kmaxima

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@kmaxima, the best priced deals on 2016s are likely to be after the boating season and after the 2017s are on the lots. But that means you would not get to use it this year. If you can find a deal you like on a 2016 I would jump on it and enjoy some boating time in your new boat this year. Knowing the 2017s will be announced soon the dealer might even sweeten the deal for you.
Thanks Bruce. Yeah definitely know that the best deals will be after the 17's are out but if I was gonna wait that long then I'd just want to get the 17 even though it was more. :) Just wasn't sure if I'd be making a mistake if I did something now and a few days later after the announcement there would be some better incentives thrown out. Appreciate the thoughts!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce. Yeah definitely know that the best deals will be after the 17's are out but if I was gonna wait that long then I'd just want to get the 17 even though it was more. :) Just wasn't sure if I'd be making a mistake if I did something now and a few days later after the announcement there would be some better incentives thrown out. Appreciate the thoughts!
Who knows what they will offer but generally Yamaha sticks pretty tight to their prices offering financing and warranty incentives. The boats are so reliable that I would place very little value on a warranty extension. Dealers will sometimes offer discounts on leftover inventory over the winter.