• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is August!!! bring the 2017 Yamaha boat line up

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@malibu Dan, I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of the triple engined 30' trailerable cabin cruiser for just under $100K!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright folks... Next week are the big reveals.. I need some rumors to tide me over the weekend. Once I get the new boat home I
promise pics will follow..
I heard that they will say 2017 on the title

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It would also be great if they could figure out how to move the radio out of the glove box on the 19's.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I heard that they will say 2017 on the title
Some years a change in the year on the title is all we get. This is not one of those years!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Aaaaagghhh..... I know I know.... Tick Tock Tick Tock

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You are a tease!
If it were anyone else but Julian I would say the other change besides the year in the title is the cost.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Making videos with voiceovers and effects is a PITA! I need to either 1) take a class on this editor (Cyberlink Powerdirector 14) or find a forum member who loves to edit movies!!!! LOL Templates just don't work...so I have to start from scratch....and building effects is time consuming!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post what you have so far up here and we will help you!

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would buy a new E series 24 in a heartbeat if they would fix that heinous bimini cage top...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would buy a new E series 24 in a heartbeat if they would fix that heinous bimini cage top...
I adore my huge bimini and so do all my guests....also think it looks cool....but everyone has a different perspective (perhaps you live up north?)

Last edited:

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are at least 2 new things for every boat in the line up.....
Every boat will have 2 engines and they will be the TR1's. Excellent! Finally, a next generation LS2000 for me!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every boat will have 2 engines and they will be the TR1's. Excellent! Finally, a next generation LS2000 for me!
Perhaps a next generation LX210?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed - it will be called a 21. They presumably nailed it but the only consideration now will be price. As we hover into the +$45K range, there are many I/O options that come into play.

Can't wait to see this play out -

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I absolutely LOVE mine and so do all of my family and friends!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I adore my huge bimini and so do all my guests....also think it looks cool....but everyone has a different perspective (perhaps you live up north?)
I absolutely LOVE mine and so do all of my family and friends!
From the outside looking in the Bimini on the new E series looks cool, but you can't put in. I actually like having the top up, but my wife doesn't. Anyways I know you guys with the E series are going to be biased, but you have to agree it would be nice to have the option to retract the Bimini top. I think it was a huge fail on Yamaha's part with that design.

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
From the outside looking in the Bimini on the new E series looks cool, but you can't put in. I actually like having the top up, but my wife doesn't. Anyways I know you guys with the E series are going to be biased, but you have to agree it would be nice to have the option to retract the Bimini top. I think it was a huge fail on Yamaha's part with that design.
Obviously I don't agree because the top is one of the reasons why I bought this model. There are plenty of places to sit in the bow and stern that are not covered. My wife likes to hang out in the bow. We have the best of both worlds. Also I wouldn't call it a fail on Yamaha's part. They have sold a lot of theses boats, and if you don't like it, the AR240 is a great boat too.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We never go out without the bimini up and as @bobs4state points out, there are plenty of places you can sit if you want sun. I understand why some don't like it, but its just like tower and non tower models....I was REALLY disappointed with the boats that had tiny biminis...now they have good options for those that want/don't want big biminis!

And the two changes I mentioned earlier and not the price and the words 2017! I don't have the prices yet....(although I do have a document they sent that I haven't read yet....man videos take a lot of time to edit....expecially when you are a newbie on the software!!) ......2.5 days.......