• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's over...

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last week I was out and saw people tubing with shorts and no shirt... Water temp was reading 63 and the air temp was about 76 degrees F.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last week I was out and saw people tubing with shorts and no shirt... Water temp was reading 63 and the air temp was about 76 degrees F.
63 degrees....NOT ME :eek:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Right now you could jump in this lake to warm up...wind chill temps colder than lake water. 36deg. this am, lake at 63.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@captras I store inside unheated structure so no shrink wrap for the yamaha, but my old searay was shrink wrapped while overwintering outside years ago.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I usde to camp on Burton Island, Fishing was great up that way. Love the champ

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Evil Sports Burton Island State Park is a very nice campground/marina and has a stocked general store. Bass and northern pike fishing is great in that area a lot of old fossilized salt water reefs from when this area was part of the ocean a long time ago. Oh, and "Champ" the Champlain monster, have not seen scat from him since the early 80's while on a night dive.;)

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been meaning to jump back onto the forum to thank you guys for helping to make our FIRST jet boating season a success. I put the boat away about a month ago and have been missing the water every weekend :(

The list of things that you helped me with are loooooooong. Here are just few: pros/cons on 2015 vs 2016 24' models, trailering tips and trailoring vehicle, how to operate 2 batteries, removing clean out plugs regularly, securing the white Yamaha cover support poles, Boat Bling products, box anchor, emergency maneuver to clean out engines-never had to try this :), mod'ing out my storage locker, trulocks-coming next year, no more Cheetos on boat-bummer, new amp and swim platform speaker locations, ginormous inflatable fenders, and the list keeps going and going.

Hope everyone has a great October-April!!!!

Day before moving indoors.......:(
image.jpg

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow I never even thought of winterizing the boat in October!

We are trying to squeeze in couple more boating days down here in Houston, kids have early dismissal from school tomorrow and are off on Wednesday!
So this means we are hitting the lake tomorrow!! :winkingthumbsup"

We usually winterize the boat early-mid November but the way the weather has been lately tomorrow might be our last day out on the boat. :(

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Right now you could jump in this lake to warm up...wind chill temps colder than lake water. 36deg. this am, lake at 63.
No way, water temp below 70 and air temp below 80 is a no go for me Lol.

Jetson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sad week-end here in MI as well. Just finished our fourth season of "wet slipping". We have the slip from mid-April to Oct 30th, but the weather can be erratic in Oct and my week-ends are booked. We cleaned it on Sat and took to the dealer for oil change, winterization, and indoor storage. This has worked well but a little expensive. Plan to do the maintence myself next year thanks to all the great information and honest opinions on this site.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My season is just starting... less rain and more tolerable humidity levels. I'll send you Northerners some pics in coming months.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We had ours out today. Other than red tide, wet slippery sea grass all over the boat ramp and me forgetting to put the cleanout plug in, we had a great taste of slightly cooler, drier weather start to our boating season.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We planned on using ours this year through the end of October. .. then my wife pointed out we have something planned everyweekend until mid november.... :(... I guess it's time for the winterization and taking to indoor storage. Last weekend at kerr lake concluded our second season with our yammie.. this season we did more exploring new waters. (The Charleston run on mother's day weekend wad our absolute favorite). I have a chart plotter for a spring mod so we can do more. We love this boat and this forum. You guys make spending money on the boat fun... kinda. Now time to start dreaming of next spring.!! But it's so far away.. :bawling:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf I remember Central Florida's summer heat and humidity well as I drove a car for the 3yrs. I lived there with no a/c. Look forward to the pics. I will just have to visit parents in Englewood, just to your north, this winter. My father has non jet flats boat and an inter-coastal fishing boat.

Last edited:

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm keeping mine on my lift over the winter, so I guess the season never really ends for me? If we hit 60 in December, i'll take it out for a spin.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep winterized the Yamaha, fishing boat and Seadoo Sunday. On a positive note camping season isn't done yet!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm keeping mine on my lift over the winter, so I guess the season never really ends for me? If we hit 60 in December, i'll take it out for a spin.
One of the many advantages of a jet boat. You can take it out anytime without having to "re-winterized" it. My old boat was a stern drive, and though we seldom get freezing weather, it happens, so I always had to put RV antifreeze in the boat, just in case. It was always a pain to drain the block, then pull the thermostat and and fill with the antifreeze. Well, that meant no outtings until I was sure the risk of freeze was overwith!

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I admire how loyal all of you are to boating. I don't think I could justify owning a boat if I could not use it year round.
Boating way up here has been done for quite a while. It was -8C here this morning. But it doesnt mean its over, we just switch to snowmobiles. We are still on the water, just a different form of it. :)

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are looking forward to the lake this Saturday to try out our new SIMRAD GO5 XSE, do a little fishing, swimming, and relaxing. This will definitely be our last lake trip, not due to weather, we have a lot of things on the schedule between now and the end of the year. To ease our pain this Winter we are going to Hawaii for 2 weeks in February 2017 :happy:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had temps in the low 30's here last Friday so we went for a trail ride on the Wildcat. We had snow and sleet on us all day long! Put a fork in it, summer is over. Sled season is a month and a half away hopefully. Tweener season is the only one we wish was short, as you learn to appreciate the season you are in, as it will be over before you know it.

If I was able to boat every day, I would never appreciate it as much as I do now. Same goes for our winter activities.