• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's over...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I don't enjoy winter. At all.
My work becomes absolutely miserable, boat goes away, power outages are common and it's cold.
I would be fine with 3 seasons.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know this thread is called "its over" but....it was not over. We went out today, a beautiful calm sunny warmish fall day. Launched at Malletts bay access and checked out other parts of the lake we could not get to due to low water levels. We had lunch did some paddle boarding and just hung out in the sun. This am temp. was 36deg. heavy frost, the water temp said 63deg. and air was about 68deg. Sweatshirts required but definitely worth it. The co-pilot and I had a great time. And on the way back to the ramp, we came upon a stranded boater and towed him back with us, the old guy was pretty happy he did not have to paddle anymore. Right place right time. A few pics. of us in a tiny cove wearing blazed orange...its hunting season here now. just kidding, but we wear it a lot on the farm. Inflatable paddle board and water temp.1011161359.jpg 1011161405.jpg1011161412.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hell even in North Florida we put them up for a few months.
We didn't....There was always that day in the 60's in December or January that got us out at least once a month. Never winterized. We were on a lift so that helped. I miss the chilly winter rides....Wait...and the hot summer rides.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its hard to put away with days like this. Last ride to mix up the stabilizer and get through the engines.
IMG_20161012_144159.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Our boat is still in its slip, but our Marina is flooded....thigh deep water to get out to the docks.....I was thinking of going for a cruise this weekend...but perhaps not....

@Jet Blue have you been out there at all this week?

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our boat is still in its slip, but our Marina is flooded....thigh deep water to get out to the docks.....I was thinking of going for a cruise this weekend...but perhaps not....

@Jet Blue have you been out there at all this week?
@Julian I posted a pic under Show us what you can see from Monday. Unbelievable. Glad your boat was ok. I had mine pulled earlier in the week ahead of the storm.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I posted a pic under Show us what you can see from Monday. Unbelievable. Glad your boat was ok. I had mine pulled earlier in the week ahead of the storm.
I was curious to know if you've been back there.....I called there yesterday and they said that they were still flooded and that to get to the docks you had to walk through thigh to waist deep water---at your own risk. The flooding here in NC is the worst recorded....1 foot above hurricane Floyd's record! Not sure if this is making national news or not...but its bad.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have not gone back. Since I had my boat pulled I had the dealer come out, pick it up, tune it up and clean it up. Should be delivered this week. Trying to decide if I winterize now.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was curious to know if you've been back there.....I called there yesterday and they said that they were still flooded and that to get to the docks you had to walk through thigh to waist deep water---at your own risk. The flooding here in NC is the worst recorded....1 foot above hurricane Floyd's record! Not sure if this is making national news or not...but its bad.
My mom lives in LA grange.. she is over a mile away from the river. She had to evacuate on thursday morning when she woken up and found the Neuse river in her from yard. Luckily the river crest before it got in the house and she is back home now but so many people have lost everything. The river is expected to crest today in kinston at 29 feet above flood stage. Floyd was 27.2.. this is the largest flood in eastern nc in recorded history.

I have not gone back. Since I had my boat pulled I had the dealer come out, pick it up, tune it up and clean it up. Should be delivered this week. Trying to decide if I winterize now.
What dealer do you have that would come get your boat and do stuff and then bring it back in this area? Chatlee?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Winterized last weekend. This weekend it's time to rearrange the storage unit with the boat in the back so I can fit all of my stuff in there.

I'm getting a little bit of rising panic now because my garage is a mess due to a project that is SUPPOSED to improve my storage situation but I haven't been able to finish on it because I've been traveling a lot recently. I want to start parking inside soon. We had frost on the windows the other morning.

Almost time to get the snow thrower ready.....

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Today I was reminded that summer is over, here when you see a bunch of white Canadian snow birds gathered in on place it's a warning that it will be getting cold soon ,probably by January, I just hate seeing all those Canadian pelicans all congregating in the flats for the first time .

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My mom lives in LA grange.. she is over a mile away from the river. She had to evacuate on thursday morning when she woken up and found the Neuse river in her from yard. Luckily the river crest before it got in the house and she is back home now but so many people have lost everything. The river is expected to crest today in kinston at 29 feet above flood stage. Floyd was 27.2.. this is the largest flood in eastern nc in recorded history.

What dealer do you have that would come get your boat and do stuff and then bring it back in this area? Chatlee?
I bought from Boats Unlimited in Greensboro. As long as I work with their schedule, they are very accommodating.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably one of the final trips out this year for me. I might squeeze in one more in 2 weeks but that will be it. I wanted to take my parents out fishing so what better way to spend a Sunday getting zero bites! Oh well it was good spending time with them on the lake. It's been 20 or so years since my mom has been back on the water so it felt good taking her fishing.

Attachments

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash Maybe a fishfinder on the winter mod list?:winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been defiant in previous posts on this thread, but it is time to face the reality of late October in Vermont. Today was beautiful fall boating weather, 70deg. sunny, calm and no one else around. Time to winterize.DSC00120.JPG DSC00162.JPG DSC00107.JPGDSC00173.JPG

Last edited:

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A successful first season for us. Got the boat new this Spring. It was a great summer. A huge thanks to this site for helping me to learn a ton about boating!
Put away for the winter in one of the barns at my parents farm this past weekend
IMG_20161022_143603842_HDR.jpg
Hours for the season (pretty much only weekend trips) I thought I had more hours than this, but I hadn't checked in a while. Not many hours since labor day :(
IMG_20161022_130033943_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161022_125956741_HDR.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We spent our last day, for this season, on the Yamaha last week. The Weather forecast for Sunday was spot on. At my home above the Champlain Valley we received 3" of snow. The mountains of N.Y. and Vermont received up to 9". Sledding before Halloween, rare. Sorry no pics. Time for skis, skates, shanties, augers and other ways we use our boating waters when they solidify. All good here, it happens every year.DSC00176.JPG DSC00189.JPGDSC00204.JPGPics of Sunday snow and last nights sunset over the Adirondack Mountains and the lake.

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well the time has come to winterize her and put her away, till Spring 2017.

Fuel stabilized...check
Cleaned and vacuumed interior....check
Removed carpet..... check
Removed all seats and opened all storage areas....check
Unplugged both batteries... check
Plug in to two bank charger with a timer....check
Count down till spring 2017 begins......

IMG_0161.JPG