• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Kevin Sargent has registered to captain Jewels with a crew of 4 adults and 4 children. They hail from the home port of Atlanta, GA.

The crew is described as: Me, my bride, 2 daughters, 2 sons, maybe 2 younger friends

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it no wake from Harbour Towne Marina to Bahia Mar? I read somewhere that takes about an hour.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it no wake from Harbour Towne Marina to Bahia Mar? I read somewhere that takes about an hour.
It is a slow speed area to reduce potential for harm to manatees. I have yet to see a manatee in the area. Many of us have been stopped for speeding through. The local LE told me that any speed where the bow would rise is too high.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+1 here as well for being stopped for speeding and I didn't even have my finger on the throttle I guess the jet ski just looked fast. That was sitting in the harbor with @Ramblin Wreck waiting on the rest of the boats to get in on the return trip.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Manatee "season" is from Nov-Mar which is why the lack of visually seeing manatees; however, they can be seen outside those time periods. The no-wake/idle speed zone in the strip of intracoastal mentioned is due to the grassy bottom, grazing area and nursery annually visited by manatees.

It is one of the few year round no-wake/idle speed zone areas. The water depth is uncommonly deep for the intercoastal (~50ft) there which also results in the lack of visually spotting the manatees.
We always have them right behind my house. Got to love living in FL20160626_131159.jpg 20160626_131125.jpg

Justin Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Justin Edwards has registered to captain 2nd Life with a crew of 6 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Lake Mary, Florida.

The crew is described as: Long time Girlfriend. Our two boys (both 18 and graduating high school - reason for trip). Best friend (firefighter and well seasoned boater) and his girlfriend.

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

Larry Robinson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Larry Robinson has registered to captain Frozen Asset with a crew of 2 adults and 0 children. They hail from the home port of Perdido Key FL.

The crew is described as: 61 year old fat boy (me) and 36 year old son

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a slow speed area to reduce potential for harm to manatees. I have yet to see a manatee in the area. Many of us have been stopped for speeding through. The local LE told me that any speed where the bow would rise is too high.
That's what they told me too. So I put PuppaMoose in the bow. ;)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you have passengers that are concerned about making the trip in your boat, just let them know their have been people to cross on a Spark. Pretty impressive...

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you for your hard work in preparation for this trip. I wont be able to make it this year but I will be following this thread and know you all will have a blast!!! So exciting.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
http://www.coldwellbankerbahamas.com/bahamas-property/Bimini---all_sales----price-ASC
Looks like each condo is getting sold individually and then they will have a sales person for the complex to rent it out for people? Sounds like it will become complicated for renting out! May make it harder to get group rates as well.
That is the status quo. Each group of condos was sold as it was completed. The owners who wanted to participated in a rental pool. Originally it was run by the developer then by a second developer that took over in 2015. Now the rental pool is run by the HOA. A few condos remain unsold and the last building is still under construction.

I have a little bit of good news, two offers have been submitted for the South Bimini Beach Club where the restraunts were operated. I understand that both of these bidders plan to have restraunts running by May.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The price is not bad, but the monthly upkeep is probably close to $1,000.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The price is not bad, but the monthly upkeep is probably close to $1,000.
I have researched the fees in the past and found them to be lower than I expected. Unfortunately I have forgotten the exact numbers. There is 10% tax on the purchase and may be a 1% annual tax as a commercial property.

Personally I would prefer to spend $200K on a floating home with twin hulls and wind propulsion.

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A couple months ago my wife and I decided we will not be making the trip to Bimini this year. My wife, Beth, does not like the ride over there in the boat. She said she would rather drive a jetski all the way over there before she rode in a boat again.
So that got me thinking, I have borrowed a jet ski and she has confirmed she will drive it over this year! Woo Hoo !!!
Do I have the greatest wife or what?
We will be registering soon.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A couple months ago my wife and I decided we will not be making the trip to Bimini this year. My wife, Beth, does not like the ride over there in the boat. She said she would rather drive a jetski all the way over there before she rode in a boat again.
So that got me thinking, I have borrowed a jet ski and she has confirmed she will drive it over this year! Woo Hoo !!!
Do I have the greatest wife or what?
We will be registering soon.
That's great news! Duct tape your windshield before crossing this time!