• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Iggyg00

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
anyone spear fishing on this trip?

Rana

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As the Bimini trip approaches I felt like Bimini bread was the right bread to bake as we long for blue water under our boat.

IMG_1805.JPG

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spent the entire day mounting the new chart plotter and radio. Now I just need to learn how to use them both. Hopefully the radio is working properly, I can hear the weather channels but haven't tried to transmit yet. Also, still waiting on he new card for the coastal maps. Going to get the transducer mounted this week. Plan to mount it to the rear ride plate to avoid having it on a mount that could break.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone hear anything from Bimini sands? Don't they want the remainder of the payment soon?..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For anyone that has gone solo what did you spend for the week (rough average)? Sure wished I could go with you guys but hopefully next year.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Towing from NC including all gas and food Staying 5 nights 4 adults. 4k

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For anyone that has gone solo what did you spend for the week (rough average)? Sure wished I could go with you guys but hopefully next year.
Many of the costs do not decrease if you go solo. The best option to save on cost is to bring friends who will share in the costs.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope I am too!!!
I can not focus on anything else at this point
I can't wait until sailflow and windfinder fall into our time frame.....
Bad news is me and my wife are closing on a house this Friday. Moving all weekend then gearing up for the trip the following week

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With all the boat upgrades I am around $3K. I know that it will be much better next year since I will have the boat ready to go.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I spent the entire day mounting the new chart plotter and radio. Now I just need to learn how to use them both. Hopefully the radio is working properly, I can hear the weather channels but haven't tried to transmit yet. Also, still waiting on he new card for the coastal maps. Going to get the transducer mounted this week. Plan to mount it to the rear ride plate to avoid having it on a mount that could break.
20170304_125310.jpg
Thats were mine ened up. Its out of the way and almost zero chance to banging against the sand and break it off

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Bad news is me and my wife are closing on a house this Friday. Moving all weekend then gearing up for the trip the following week
Wow
That's a whole lot going on over the next two weeks I'm amazed that you are making the trip after moving!!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow
That's a whole lot going on over the next two weeks I'm amazed that you are making the trip after moving!!
Was not planning on it but the bank said the closing os the 30th so its gonna be a busy ass 2 weeks. Ill a break in bimini after that

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Many of the costs do not decrease if you go solo. The best option to save on cost is to bring friends who will share in the costs.
A coworker did say he would go with me to help with costs so may try that route. So envious of the FL guys who can just hop over for a day or weekend trip weather permitting!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A coworker did say he would go with me to help with costs so may try that route. So envious of the FL guys who can just hop over for a day or weekend trip weather permitting!
It dont suck. I feel bad for the guys who are driving 3 and 4 days to get to Fort Lauderdale, I only have about a four-hour drive from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is very nice but still pricey for rooms and dockage. Especially dropping a few hundred in a weekend can hurt the wallet