• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's about 11 hours from my house to Ft Lauderdale but towing the boat at 60-65 mph a bit longer of course.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's about 11 hours from my house to Ft Lauderdale but towing the boat at 60-65 mph a bit longer of course.
Its about 9 hours for me, going to make it a 2 day trip with the kids.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
swatski has registered to captain CC with a crew of 1-2 adults and 3 children. They hail from the home port of Saint Louis, MO.

The crew is described as: Myself, Kate (wife) - still a maybe, Sandra 16, Magda 13, Gosia 11

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

Last edited:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
A coworker did say he would go with me to help with costs so may try that route. So envious of the FL guys who can just hop over for a day or weekend trip weather permitting!
you should just come and crash on the couch :)

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
you should just come and crash on the couch :)
Last year there were 7 of us in one condo it was $190 pp for the condo and slip
This year I'm flying solo I asked if anyone wanted to rent out space on the couch and that's where it is for me. I don't have to make any decisions, do any planning Just a little overtime before and I'm happy with a hot shower and the washer and dryer in the condo
The amount of time spent in the condo is minimal If I had room I'd bring an air mattress but space is limited in the ski
Just gotta find like minded people to do it with
:winkingthumbsup"
It's not a cheap trip but it's also not a weekend on the river either

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I am not sure what to look under on the wind finder ap. I can find near shore and Bimini but I cant find any off shore buoys for info. are there any that anyone knows of?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@fromrio , @jayasaki138 and myself made a 30+ miles trip one way to Tangier island in chesapeake bay yesterday and my ar240 consumed a little more than 30 gallons for the round trip. We were doing between 25-35 mph in 2 foot waves. I am confident now that I can reach Bimini without having to worry about carrying fuel onboard. Already fretting about being on land while my boat is sitting outside the house and giving me accusing looks of landboarding it ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not sure what to look under on the wind finder ap. I can find near shore and Bimini but I cant find any off shore buoys for info. are there any that anyone knows of?
Look at the Miami Nearshore forecast at Sailflow.com. I preferred the Fort Lauderdale Nearshore forecast but it seems to be discontinued.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Look at the Miami Nearshore forecast at Sailflow.com. I preferred the Fort Lauderdale Nearshore forecast but it seems to be discontinued.
Unfortunately I can't access SailFlow without an internet connection for some reason i don't remember it always being that way though

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Its the calm before the storm :)

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I am trying to knock out all lose ends and one of the things is the flags and custom clearance in US. Correct me if I am wrong..

Flags - USA , JetBoaters , Bahamian and Yellow flags
Get pre-clearance from us customs. How do I do this ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get pre-clearance from us customs. How do I do this ?
https://svrs.cbp.dhs.gov/Default.aspx is what you are looking for. Personally I do not have a nearby customs office for the interview so I go to the customs office and check in on our return. The call to immigrations before leaving the marina takes longer than clearing in person.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
https://svrs.cbp.dhs.gov/Default.aspx is what you are looking for. Personally I do not have a nearby customs office for the interview so I go to the customs office and check in on our return. The call to immigrations before leaving the marina takes longer than clearing in person.
What I understood is this is optional, and really only for people that plan to do this on a regular basis....as in....many time a year, not once a year....right?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
So when we get back to FLL from Bimini the very first thing to do is report to customs office in FLL before I can even leave FLL ? In such a case do I need to file a float plan in SVRS system prior to leaving for Bimini ? Do I need to clear customs first before we launch from FLL ? The office is a good 2-3 hours for me here to even go for a personal interview.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will add this to Preparing for Bimini.

Returning to the US

When you arrive back at the marina in the US call 1-800-432-1216 or 1-800-451-0393 to report your arrival.

If you are traveling under a SVRS float plan you should call 1-877-330-7327.

This call must be made before you leave the marina. You will need to have all passports for yourself and all crew ready. After providing the necessary information those that are not part of the SVRS program will be asked to report in person within 24 hours. Most likely that will be to the Port Everglades location at 1800 Eller Drive, Suite 110, Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Reporting in person only takes a few minutes. It is likely that there will be some delay in answering our phone calls due to the large number of arrivals at the same time. I have communicated with the call center and asked them to be prepared.