• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am with ya. The only days me and my crew and my friends and his can make it is 10-14 July. And that was like pulling teeth to get 8 people from 3 different states to sync up.
I believe that is the only date that @Speedling can make as well. That may not be the main date range but it seems certain that boats will be going on that date.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I plan on bringing a 5 or 10 gallon can as well for my SX240. I might need it but better to have it and not ue it. Plus someone else might need it on the way over. i only got 4 people on my boat so i should have more than eoungh room for it.
That is really nice of you to bring fuel for others. Any 240 will not need extra fuel crossing to Bimini on plane. If you can not cross on plane then you should not be out there.

If you do bring extra fuel please do not strap it onto the swim deck where it will block access to the clean out plugs that are much more likely to be needed. Also I would be careful to store it above deck. Fuel fumes will sink into the bilge where they can be explosive.

I have not and will not carry extra fuel.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took a 5 gallon can with us last year. It ended up jus being an extra 5 gallons of cheap US fuel once we got to Bimini & an expensive 5 gallons of emergency truck gas on way home. lol

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll pass on the extra fuel also haha. 95 gallons I hope I can make it with that! We may look at May 6-10 and August 12-18 somewhere in there. All weather permitting as those are a few breaks in my school schedule.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that is the only date that @Speedling can make as well. That may not be the main date range but it seems certain that boats will be going on that date.
Darn. Those are not the dates I was hoping for, but not going to miss @Speedling in Bimini :D. I will have to make it work!

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just need it after the 4th of July really....

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Augusto David Rodriguez has registered to captain Per Diem with a crew of 2 adults and 2 children. They hail from the home port of St Agustine, Florida.

The crew is described as: A. David Rodriguez, Wanda Rodriguez(Wife), Valerie Rod.( daughter) and Christian Rod(son)

You can register for the event using the form at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2017-registration.6/respond

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ordered the InReach Explorer and now I am making sure that my Echomap70S has the proper maps on it. I have a couple of questions for those who are using Garmin.
  1. Is the US400S the an adequate map for the Bimini trip ? Or is there another map you would recommend ?
  2. Besides the autoguide feature is another good reason for getting the VUS400S vs. HUS400S ( about $150 difference ) ?

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik Do you know if it came with any charts pre-loaded on it. My EchoMap 74 came pre-loaded with U.S Coastal / Bahamas charts & it was all I needed. The only upgrade you could do from that would be more region specific with is jus more detailed maps that aren't needed.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine has inland lakes preloaded, so I will need to add blue water.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For the most part, just smiling about the great times had at each one of these stars (and chumming the waters for those that have yet to join us :)

IMG_5932.PNG

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've always wanted to do this! My wife on the other hand would not want to cross and she hates flying too lol. About what does a trip like this usually cost for a couple (not including gas for driving to port)?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've always wanted to do this! My wife on the other hand would not want to cross and she hates flying too lol. About what does a trip like this usually cost for a couple (not including gas for driving to port)?
Send her on the ferry. Cost depends on you but can range from 2-4K per couple. I think my first trip was around 2400.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Send her on the ferry. Cost depends on you but can range from 2-4K per couple. I think my first trip was around 2400.
Wow, $2,400 is exceptionally cheap. I know your ski does not burn much fuel. Did you share a condo with another family?

@haknslash, costs have been covered in order threads. My family of four budgets $4,500 to $5,000 for the 5 night trip. That includes fuel for 2,500 miles of towing. If two couples share a boat and condo you can bring those costs down to close to half.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With a 4 people averaged 1k per person for the week including all cost travel to and from Fort Latuladale. This year we had 6 people averaged about 850 per person including all costs. But we stayed in a vrbo which I probably wouldn't do again due to bugs in the evening.

Skroggy66

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My wife and I really want to do this, just need to get things in order and spend some time on the ocean with my 242.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, $2,400 is exceptionally cheap. I know your ski does not burn much fuel. Did you share a condo with another family?
Nope we rented a one bedroom under the discounted rate you negotiated and I think it was about $1500 including slip. I spent around $400 in fuel over there and another $500 in other items including customs we really didn't spend a lot of money over there by the time we got back to the condo every night we were to tired to go out anywhere and just ate it. Correct though I did have the skis which was probably half the fuel or less of the boats.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My wife and I really want to do this, just need to get things in order and spend some time on the ocean with my 242.
Easy day. No Yamaha is more capable :)

2nd bilge pump advised

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glen is there a link on how to install a 2nd bilge pump ? I have looked around but I have not seen one yet.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope we rented a one bedroom under the discounted rate you negotiated and I think it was about $1500 including slip. I spent around $400 in fuel over there and another $500 in other items including customs we really didn't spend a lot of money over there by the time we got back to the condo every night we were to tired to go out anywhere and just ate it. Correct though I did have the skis which was probably half the fuel or less of the boats.
For the five night trip I expect to fuel up three times at a cost of $450 to $600 depending on fuel prices.

What about your food costs? I assume you brought groceries. I realize that is a cost you would have if you stayed home but is a cost that people should consider.