• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Father, please forgive me, for I have sinned....why did I sell the boat so close to Bimini planning?

@GMAN2015, there is a lot of routing and planning information for the Exhumas in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/big-majors-cay-the-exhumas.4020/. Anyone who is going to make this trip needs to be experienced and only go with a group of experienced and like minded friends. The lodging situation down there and along the way is not suitable for large groups. You also need to be prepared for the possibility that the water conditions could force you to leave your boat somewhere along the way and fly back.

@Ramblin Wreck, I suspect that one reason for routing to Chub even if you have sufficient fuel for a direct hop to Nassau is to cut across or skirt the tip of the Tongue of the Ocean instead of running its length.

View attachment 52114
I believe that section of water crossing over the tongue is call the Rage. There is a deep trench there and from what I have read the best time to cross it is when the tide is flat/slack in good weather.

Last edited:
Chub Cay is almost a straight shot from Bimini to Nassau, plus after a 90 mile run, it is nice to get a break even if you don't need fuel.

View attachment 52116

Agreed when you actually chart this following the recommended paths to avoid sand bars on the Bank you will pass with in a mile or so of Chub Cay anyway

There was a group of skis a few years ago that traveled south along the east coast of Andros, then crossed the Tongue and followed a 35 mile sandbar to Exuma.
Now that is awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_5410.PNG
    IMG_5410.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
I got my SunPass today. Does anyone remember how much the tolls are to get through Florida?

I got my SunPass today. Does anyone remember how much the tolls are to get through Florida?

Depends on which way you go. I know if you stay on I-95 going south from my location I do not think there are any but not sure coming from the Gulf side. I know the GPS always tries to take me off I-95 and put me on some other road I do not recall which one but it runs parallel with I-95 and that road has tolls.

@Bill D you're gonna have to wait for me I'm paying cash lol

I personally take 10 into Jacksonville and come down 95 with no tolls. Yeah, it's 25 or so miles longer but that's marginal when you trailer 600+ or in your case around 800 miles. Sorry, can't remember exactly what it cost to take the turnpike. It was a decent amount I do remember that.

Last edited:
May go ahead and take the detour :)

It was a small expense compared to the rest of the trip! I remember they charged per axel.

It was a small expense compared to the rest of the trip! I remember they charged per axel.

Not a small expense...
$43.55 each way...

F412A368-53F3-4A8B-B235-24F4D0EF776D_zpss7smrcwr.png

The tolls are less if you get a SunPass. I bought the $10 one and linked it to my debit card. I like the nice, low stress, well maintained toll road at the end of the 1,250 mile tow.

Last edited:
The turnpike is nice but I would hop off in jupiter and run 95 south from that point. Both highways are nice at that point

For those who are new to boating, and are crossing to Bimini, this video might be helpful:

Any use this Pacific Aerials P6182 Sea Master 6 dB Pro VHF Antenna, 3.3 ft. Is this good as the 8 foot one?

Any use this Pacific Aerials P6182 Sea Master 6 dB Pro VHF Antenna, 3.3 ft. Is this good as the 8 foot one?

No, but it is better than a handheld.

My opinion is that such a small and short antenna could not be capable to producing the quoted 6 dB gain or if it is only in a very narrow field.

I have and am very happy with a Digital 528 which is a 4' antenna rated for 4.5 dB gain. Unfortunately it is three times the price.

Back