• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone, Altho this is my first post here, Im not a newbie to the whole Forum community. Just wanted to let you guys know that it looks like there may be some over lapping with another group ill be going with. Altho i wasnt able to join the this community on this trip due to scheduling reasons, i am able to make the trip out of haulover on the 14th with "FLJETSKI". Many of us have already confirmed bookings with bimini sands and seeing that we all will be sharing the resort for most of the day the 14th. Would be nice to put a face to everyones name from here if some of you are willing to meet up by the infinity pool area evening of the 14th.
I last chatted with Carlos about his FLJETSKI Bimini trip in mid February. It looks like a little more organization has occurred since then.

I have concerns about the potential number of vessels and lack of organization. The ramps, parking and customs are certainly going to be overloaded. We will already have the marina at Bimini Sands filled up. I expect that many are staying at Resorts World as not much of Bimini Sands is open with our group there.

But my biggest concern is safety. Hopefully they have amazingly smooth water in both directions. In 2015 a large ski group had a terrible 7 hour crossing. Fortunately they stuck together and had some experience in the group. This seems to be a completely unorganized, meet me at Haulover at 7 or in Bimini, event. If the water happens to be too rough there will be way too many vessels and bodies in the water for the Coast Guard to deal with.

Once 100+ vessels arrive in Bimini with each one needing to clear customs separately I can imagine spending the entire first day clearing customs.

I hope it goes great for you guys but I would not want to be part of the group.

As for hanging out, sure we would be glad to and will be excited to see you made it to Bimini.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In better late than never fashion, I found some time to update the map today. :winkingthumbsup" @Hamp

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is @swatski sleeping on the porch or is he camping on his vessel? Wouldn't his vessel be too small for that?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we are in 19 actually.

"is @swatski sleeping on the porch or is he camping on his vessel?"
Well, what a loaded question...! there are times when that would seem like a step up for me (up from dog house or garage). But that's a good "infinity pool" conversation, lol.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think we are in 19 actually.

"is @swatski sleeping on the porch or is he camping on his vessel?"
Well, what a loaded question...! there are times when that would seem like a step up for me (up from dog house or garage). But that's a good "infinity pool" conversation, lol.

--
I believe you are in 16 something.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I cannot wait for the infinity pool conversation to get the stories on their entirety. All I am getting is enigmatic references here and there.

Does the small vessel advisory apply to our boasts? Ask swatski.
Can our boats plane on rough seas? Ask swatski.
What is the slowest speed I can navigate the ocean? Ask swatski.
What is the hypotenuse of the Bermuda triangle? Ask swatski.
Do new smarty pans members get waterboarded at the infinity pool? No worries swatski will take care of you.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But he is not going this year is he ???
Better be careful, you could become the "small boat guy" of 2017 with that low bow and cracked hull. Although Dr. @swatski bounced back well from his bout with "small boat syndrome".

P.S. If you guys ever wake up and find your usernames are Dr. Swatksi and TheGreekDude just know that was thinking about you while trying to figure out where the rum has gone.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Betik please don't use big words like "hypotenuse" while we are at the infinity pool. :jimlad:

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lmao @swatski over compensated buying a bigger boat.... his, is bigger than mine now....lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Better be careful, you could become the "small boat guy" of 2017 with that low bow and cracked hull. "
That is a historical inevitability.
I still get chills up my spine when I think of my "cracked hull". :eek:

@Bill D I promise I won't; but in all likelihood, anything comes of my mouth will be all Greek to yall. I have been trying for 17 years, but I cannot help it. In all honesty, if I were you I will be more worried about me having to talk on the VHF....

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's all good, by Monday afternoon we'll all be speaking Pirate!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce whats link to the Marina you guys are parking the boats at the night prior and what's the nightly rate?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello everyone, Altho this is my first post here, Im not a newbie to the whole Forum community. Just wanted to let you guys know that it looks like there may be some over lapping with another group ill be going with. Altho i wasnt able to join the this community on this trip due to scheduling reasons, i am able to make the trip out of haulover on the 14th with "FLJETSKI". Many of us have already confirmed bookings with bimini sands and seeing that we all will be sharing the resort for most of the day the 14th. Would be nice to put a face to everyones name from here if some of you are willing to meet up by the infinity pool area evening of the 14th.
Meeting at the Infinity Pool in the evening is a DAILY event !

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ill tell you one thing....what happens in Bimini sure doesn't stay in Bimini.....lmao

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
kinda feel bad for those staying in building 21...a long way to the infinity pool!

or just boat over lol