• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 10th to 15th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bimini sands is cancelled. Still need to call or email bahia mar.
The hotel or the marina? I would call either way. If they give you any issue cancelling I bet someone would take over your reservation.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski last year @veedubtek flew over on a Seaplane that landed in the Bimini Channel I think that would be a cool experience once at least. Even better yet go ahead and book that for her tell her you got her a wonderfully charter plane out of Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport and don't tell her it's a Seaplane I bet her excitement once she arrived in Bimini could do wonders for a marriage.
Yeah, thanks @robert843... I think @veedubtek plane was one of the two making the landing that morning, except his was the successful one (of those two). The other one... well, I don't know all the details but there was smoke and talk of a crash.
Based on Kate's comments at the time, I doubt she is going to entertain a small plane trip over.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, it is official. I will NOT be going this year to bimini. It has little to do with finances and everything to do with my mental and physical preparedness since my stroke. I still have to repair the fuel hatch. I still haven't pulled the boat out of the garage. Tower still isn't on . Both jobs are in crazy busy mode and i just started working again this past week. I have all the odds and ends to do here at home. My wife had a friend just move in down the street and we moved her in this weekend. Etc. Etc. List goes on buy you all better have awesome pictures for me!
That means - more RUM for @latitudeadjuster.
Oh, wait, he bailed, too. :(

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The hotel or the marina? I would call either way. If they give you any issue cancelling I bet someone would take over your reservation.
Hotel. I never got to getting the slip.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think @veedubtek plane was one of the two making the landing that morning, except his was the successful one (of those two). The other one... well, I don't know all the details but there was smoke and talk of a crash
The plane that crashed was a private plane that was undergoing repairs. The owner and mechanic were on board. They crashed soon after takeoff on a test flight.

I do believe that your boat is the safest transportation for your family members but I am not aware of any commercial airline crashes. The small jets and sea planes all have excellent safety records as does the ferry.

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My son 15 is bringing a friend 16 along for the Bimini trip. He has his passport but is there any documents that he will need for customs?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jaburt I think he will be legally a minor; hence, I am fairly positive his parents will need to give you permission to get him out the country. Last I checked you need both parents/legal guardians to sing in front of notary.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
FYI: The 3pm flight with silver airways seems to have 7 passengers from the group. One of them a former psychiatrist with a fear of flying. 2 very unrully kids and Korea chick who will be asking non stop questions. Maybe they can keep her distracted The 20 minutes of flight time ???
You talking about my kids ? ;) They are on the 3 pm flight on monday

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri got that right. Let's say that the Air Marshall might be running out of handcuffs on that flight. LOL

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I will have them hopped up on Sugar before they board ;)

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
FOR after bimini wash down(aka fresh water run)

Besides Silver Glen, is there any other places thats relatively close to I-95/turn pike we can go to?

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
johns lake in is 5 min the turnpike. The ramp is always empty. Good for a quick splash.
13788 Lake Blvd
Winter Garden, FL 34787

upload_2017-6-7_17-34-55.png

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most of you will be headed North, there's hundreds of lakes in central Florida ----throw a dart at the map! You also have fresh water canals along alligator alley (I75).

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm not sure I could get in and out of those ramps along AA... They all seem to have a sharp turn on to the ramp itself.
My rig is over 60 ft long from bumper to props

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure I could get in and out of those ramps along AA... They all seem to have a sharp turn on to the ramp itself.
My rig is over 60 ft long from bumper to props
I watched you maneuver that rig through downtown Tampa. You mean to tell me you can't handle a boat ramp? :lol:

Jadams0527

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake Harris is close to the turnpike in Lake county
27341 State Road 19
Tavares, FL 32778
~75' I front of the ramp
Or further off the turnpike but more room on Lake Dora
111 W Ruby St
Tavares, FL 32778
~92' infront of the ramp

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Forcast has improved slightly over the next few days..... hopefully it will just get better and better
This is my MO i start stressing this far out and make myself nuts over something I have no control of lol

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Valerie did the guys who are leaving for Exuma tomorrow have a spot or a in reach link I would love to follow them as they cross if they do.