• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Joe Pool Lake

WOOSAB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
today must have been the day everyone was testing their boat getting it ready for next week here in DFW as the weather is supposed to be mid 80's all next week.. was on joe pool lake riding the jet skis with this kids today and we saw 4 Yami's on the water and 2 more waiting to put in the water. Was it any of you folks?
had a good ride today water was a little cold not bad though.. .... LOL looking at picture not sure why my 6 year old is same size as my 12 year old..
7.jpg

How do you like the new Spark's? they have intrigued me as a replacement for my Mother in law's old Polaris SL650's I constantly have to work on.

They are great!! I'm 6'5 285 pounds and i was able to get mine up to 52mph in touring mode. There is a sport and touring mode but i was doing my breakin so i couldn't really hold it wide open for long. There was several other jet ski's on the water mostly seadoo's and yami's. I will say of the 2 and 3 seaters we saw out there none of them had the hole shot these little sports do. I only the 2 seaters also.. The yamaha's that everyone seems to have they are 110 or 120hp but weight like 750+ pounds where the spark is 90hp and is 330 or 340 pounds almost half the weight.. So they were a lot of fun jumping waves and dipping in and out of the water. So if you want one that will go 65+ this isn't it. You want something quick and agile this is for you. I'm told we will get another 5-7mph out of sport mode so the forums say yet to try it.. But for what i paid for 2 of these little things i'm satisfied with them..

Thanks for the input! I may keep my eyes out for some used ones at the end of the year. Maybe someone that really wants the 65+ mph ski and is stepping up. My MIL's lake house is on a lake that is only 400 acres, so it's pretty small and the big "boat" skis are just too really too much. Plus they don't fit on the ramps they already have in place. The back end would sit in the water all the time. Keep us updated on the reliability and any issues you have this year. I know they are a completely new ski this year so only time will tell.

if your ever at joe pool drop me a line your welcome to jump on one and try it out..

thanks! If I get out that way I'll let you know!

if your ever at joe pool drop me a line your welcome to jump on one and try it out..
I may take you up on that offer. I've owned 4 Waverunners and 2 SeaDoos in the past and those Sparks look fun! :D

I was on the lake on Sunday, I keep my boat in the marina in the F dock so if you're out there, give us a holler.

We ended up using the sparks mostly for rentals now. Kids ride them here and there but never for more than 30min to a hour. So to this point we have 60-63 hours on both no issues besides blown wear rings. The wear ring is a easy change 3 bolts and whole back comes off takes 10-15minutes. Still holding up great and lots of fun. Other people have rentals at the lake but people seem to like the torque of these and how light they are. Onle real issue is climbing back off once you fall. Sicne the ski is only 405 pounds if you are over 200 pounds or have to riders it will tip back over easy when trying to climb back on.. no mechanical issues to this point. A customer even had 1 all the way upside down for about 5-7minutes in the water. Flipped it back over gave it 30seconds started right up and ran just fine..

Back