• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought Yamaha Jet Boat

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like you got all your ducks in a row, minus mother boat of course :). Good idea going to the lake during the week to get accustomed to the boat, docking, etc. I plan to do the same when my time comes :)

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another progress!
Today received following items from the original owner.
- Hand written & signed bill of sale. Not sure if this is legit but will take all these to MN DNR/DMV office to register tomorrow.
VERY nice.
Sincerely hope this bill of sale was notarized or it will not be accepted.
Happy Boating - Mikey Lulejian - LakeOconee, GA

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct There was a 212X in 2008 my friend owns one

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
VERY nice.
Sincerely hope this bill of sale was notarized or it will not be accepted.
Happy Boating - Mikey Lulejian - LakeOconee, GA
Is that something seller has to do in CA or is that something I could do in MN and have the seller sign in front of notary? He literally just wrote a statement on a blank piece of paper saying he sold the boat to me and signed and dated it.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Current owner took some photos of the boat before he sent it with the shipper.

@Trm1765 & @thcole Look at the noodle floater and towels in the boat in below picture! :) This seller was very accommodating. He went and bought these for me to do as you had suggested! He really was very very nice guy!

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looks nice,, should be a good trip. The seller sounds like a good guy.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great. The title will need to be notarized by the seller in order for you to have it registered in your state. I ran into this issue buying a motorcycle out of state. Make sure he also signed the title exactly as his name is listed or a picky dmv clerk may turn it down (been there, done that hat lol). Basically I would call the seller and explain it needs to be notarized and then next day air it to him. Boat looks great and I know you can't wait :)

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dansshin,
great news! Yesterday I brought back my new purchase from NJ to GA. It was 800 miles and went without a problem.

I towed it with the mooring cover on. I also used the antipooling poles. What i did was cover the lines on the poles with pool noodles so they didn't touch the cover. I also covered the whole top windshield edge with 3 more noodles. The long connecting line and the rear pooling lines were of course also covered in more noodles. The cover and the plastic tops that hold the cover up were separated by shoving a life vest between them. Extra noodles were thrown between the cover and the windshield. I used 10 total and it cost me $5. The bimini top and frame were stored under the cover. I checked the transom straps and cover at every stop and it remains in perfect shape after 800 miles. The previous owner trailered more than 2400 miles already with it and it's in great shape.

The radial trailer tires feel different to me Than the bias tires, but I'll admit it could all be in my head too. For the $306 dollars the aluminum wheels and tires are worth it, plus I now have a spare, and one spare to sell.

Can wait to hear you got your boat! I too went with Geico. Got free roadside trailer, and in water boat assistance if it's ever needed.

Going out today so hopefully I'll have some pictures to show you later.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@njmr2fan Great to hear you made the trip without any issue. I'm hoping for the same for my shipper. So far he has been very punctual and communication has been timely. He also was very reasonable with fees. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new boat!

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@haknslash I stopped by the DMV office and I got mixed results. Surprisingly they accepted the signed boat title just as is and let me register and retitle that even though it wasn't notarized. However they rejected the signed trailer title because seller didn't sign the odometer section of the title. Yeah it makes no sense considering there isn't any odometer on the trailer but lady at the DMV checked with two other person and they said I need that! Also I was surprised I had to pay sales tax on the trailer! But lady let me pick my own sale price of $1,000 for the trailer because I told her it was packaged deal but after thinking about it I should have said $100 as I think she would have took it. LOL.

So it looks like to register my boat and trailer in MN will cost me ~$185 in registration fees and tax.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's mine Dansshin, Going for a dip for the first time in GA.

Water temp was 83*!!! a little too warm for my taste, but the kids had a great time swimming off the back and getting pulled on a tube.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks very nice. I wish mine was here already but I need to get my trailer hitch installed otherwise I'll not be going anywhere with it. I have the OEM Hitch, Wire harness & ATF Cooler sitting in my garage.

Anyone have experience converting OEM 2014 Acura MDX wire harness to Yamaha 5 pole with surge brakes? Guy on Acura forum said I needed below item and splice it into reverse light cable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMHVGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I bet you can simply buy an adapter and plug it in. I am not familer with the Acura but I wouldn't think they would be much different than anything else. Do you have picure of the plug?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, an adapter is generally the way to go. Depending on the one you get, you may want to put a knot in it so that it doesn't drag.

Oh, and be sure to keep your adapter with your vehicle. They apparently tend to 'walk' if you leave them with your trailer.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^YES they do....

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats. Glad it worked out. When registering my boat and trailer that was purchased out of state, I ran into issues with the trailer as well. They would not register it, wanted me to get it weighed and all kinds of nonsense. The next day I went to a different DMV in a rural area and they did the transaction with no questions asked.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our tax department woman asked me about the trailer, I said it was hard to put a price on it because it was a package with the boat, so I valued it as $1000. She came back, charged me $6.00 and changed the value to $40.00

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks very nice. I wish mine was here already but I need to get my trailer hitch installed otherwise I'll not be going anywhere with it. I have the OEM Hitch, Wire harness & ATF Cooler sitting in my garage.

Anyone have experience converting OEM 2014 Acura MDX wire harness to Yamaha 5 pole with surge brakes? Guy on Acura forum said I needed below item and splice it into reverse light cable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMHVGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Where are the reverse lights on the MDX? Just wondering because we have a Pilot (same platform but with differences) and the lights are in/on the lift gate... To splice into the reverse light circuit apparently means going under the headliner...! Gave that idea up quickly and bought a bunch of these plus some duct tape instead!
http://www.pacifictrailers.com/UFP-A-60-Side-Lockout-Bracket-34557-for-Brake-Actuator-backing/

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It looks like there is better way to go about accomodating Yamaha trailer with MDX.

I installed the OEM hitch today and saw that it came with 7 pin plug. There are 7 pin to 5 pin adapters that I don't even think you have to splice anything. I ended up ordering this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FCINUW/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1435463952&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=7+pin+to+5+pin+trailer+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=31HzYWtu3ML&ref=plSrch

Hitch install went great but installing the transmission cooler is pain in the a$$. I think I spent over 6 hours today on that part and I'm still not done. LOL. There are only like 10 steps to installing this but everything is in tight space where it was so hard to get to. Only have 2 hose clamps to put on to finish but it's in a spot that's hard to get at again so what should be a 5 minute will probably take an hour. Should be done with everything tomorrow.