• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just bought Yamaha Jet Boat

Little bumper on the window - this is the rubber bumper that when the window is open rests again the opposite window to stop it from rubbing against each other. Kind of like a door stop inside a house.

The hull light - The hull light is the bow light for when you are boating at night. It protrudes up and creates an indention on the cover. Put a towel or something up there just softens it.

I've been asking so much of the seller it's getting to the point where I'm embarrassed to ask for any more things. :) What is the chance of damage from not having a towel on these?

Also my attempt to get insurance on this boat is becoming more challenging than thought. Insurance is requesting "dated" photos of below which I'm asking my seller to provide as well in addition to request to ensure boat is very well prep'd for shipping. He did offer to keep his insurance on this until I received it so that may still be an option. Title is still in their name. Not sure if he did the bill of sale with CA.

Dated Pictures of:
  • all four sides of the hull,
  • one of the cabin (if applicable),
  • one of the engine compartment (if applicable), and
  • one of the helm within the next 15 days.

I've been asking so much of the seller it's getting to the point where I'm embarrassed to ask for any more things. :) What is the chance of damage from not having a towel on these?
I, personally, have never used this towel. I think it is a good idea, but have never used it. My last cover lasted 4 years. It is not a big deal if the towel doesn't get in there.

It sounded like it's not to protect the cover but to protect the parts, not sure how expensive those parts are. Anyways I had to get new shipper on uShip because my first guy wasn't going to make it by 7/2. Shipper will be picking it up tomorrow and said he should be able to deliver it by Sunday. I'm very excited at the thought of having the boat arrive at my home by Sunday!

Thank you everyone for your help and advice! It's now up to the seller and shipper to ensure this gets to me damage free and in great condition!

Now your getting into a touchy subject.. Some will say tow without the cover, some will say tow with the cover, some will say tow with the cover but no poles.. pick your poison.. I think that different situations make different answers. The type and condition of the cover will make a huge difference. I like to tow witht the cover on, and poles in place.. But... the cover needs to be in good shape and tight. Anything loose that will flap in the wind is going to get torn up in the wind. Anything that is flapping in the wind can and probably will cause damage to the boat. I like the factory transport cover for towing. It has good support poles and straps and goes on very tight with the rachet straps, but I also make sure the rachet straps and fabric around the rachet holders are not flapping in the wind. My snap on cover is also very tight and I tow with that in place and have never had any troubles but if I was going cross county I would use my factory cover. I would leave the center window closed so the cover has good support under it. Come have said they use noodles to some padding over the top of the window for extra protection to the cover over the sharp edges, My cover has extra padding built into that area.
I like towing with the cover because I feel it gives the interior of the boat a level of protection from the wind. Are the seats secure, is there anything in the boat that can be lost in the wind or tore up in the wind? I have heard of seat covers lost, and the center windshield that was not secured good get damaged in the wind. How about the snap in carpet? With no cover I would take that out. Proper preperation prior to the transport is the key,, making sure everything is secure.
Look around the side of the highway some time and see how many things you find laying around. For everything you see laying on the side of the road there is some guy who said, "that isn't going anywhere."

Good tips. Thanks. More foam noodles over those areas.

This guys first post may go down as the best first post ever in the short history of jbner's

@Trm1765
Current owner still has the factory shipping cover and he will cover the boat with that. Come Sunday this will be all behind me (I hope) and boat will be sitting in my driveway in perfect condition seller sold me in. :)

This guys first post may go down as the best first post ever in the short history of jbner's

LOL, Thanks. I was just trying to get all my thought in one post. This has been a great site with great members and very helpful information.

@njmr2fan
Did you complete your transport of your boat already? How did it go?

Ok. Progress.

My new shipper texted and said pick up has been arranged for 5pm tomorrow with the seller. Hurray!!! He said it should be arriving at my home by Sunday.

After back-tracking a bit Geico stepped up and gave me insurance coverage starting 6/25 with understanding I will send them dated photos and self-inspection form that they sent me after I get the boat. But god forbid if anything should happen during shipping combination of shipper's liability (100k) and Geico boat insurance should cover it. For some reason they did adjust my hull value to $40k but that's fine with me since that lower my rates down to $368/yr.

For those of you that live in areas that have winters, do you adjust the boat insurance for the winter? Boat would not be used for 6months of the year in MN. It would just sit in my garage.

I just pay a annual rate,, I figure the boat needs insurance while in storage also. Let us know how the transport goes.

Where do you plan to boat when you get it in the water? I boat almost exclusively on the Mississippi, Lake Pepin and sometimes boat up to the St Croix, but by way of the water. The best of all worlds in the Mississippi, something different everyday with unlimited miles of boating. In a couple weeks we are planning on boating from Red Wing to St Paul and staying in some bed and breakfast on an old tug boat on Harriet Island and then back the next day.

I just pay a annual rate,, I figure the boat needs insurance while in storage also. Let us know how the transport goes.

Where do you plan to boat when you get it in the water? I boat almost exclusively on the Mississippi, Lake Pepin and sometimes boat up to the St Croix, but by way of the water. The best of all worlds in the Mississippi, something different everyday with unlimited miles of boating. In a couple weeks we are planning on boating from Red Wing to St Paul and staying in some bed and breakfast on an old tug boat on Harriet Island and then back the next day.

I think initially most of my boating will happen in near by lakes where I can do some water sports and tubing with the kids. But what you described sounds wonderful. Please share any information, if you want, about locations and how I may be able to enjoy those.

I, too, make one annual payment for the same level coverage all year. For me, making that one payment a year saves some on the rate of the insurance.

I think the insurance companies figure in your location when they calculate how much the boat will be used. They know you're not going to be using it during the winter.

I forgot to ask Geico but is there option to only have storage coverage during the winters?

The difference in price would be pennies on the dollar, probably not even worth your time calling to find out.

Another progress!

Today received following items from the original owner.

- 4 keys
- Signed boat title
- Signed trailer title
- Copy of original receipt
- Hand written & signed bill of sale. Not sure if this is legit but will take all these to MN DNR/DMV office to register tomorrow.

Awesome! Getting closer.... :)

Yeah, I have the boat keys, boat title, most of my water sports gear I ordered so just need the darn boat... LOL! I took next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off from work to get to the near by lake and try out launching and test the boat before rush of people get there for the weekend.

And... my new uShip shipper just texted me to say he picked up the boat so my new boat's 2000 mile journey has started! Hooray! So far really liking my new shipper I booked to replace the original shipper. :winkingthumbsup"

Back