• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Cumberland, KY

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We went out last Saturday for most of the day, lots of trash in areas. We ran way up north fork ( to Buck Creek) to get clean water for watersports. Saw three Yamaha's on the north end of the lake that day.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody know what kind of shape Cumberland is in? Last year at this time it was so full of debris it wasn't worth puttin the boat in. Looking to go Friday after next when it finally warms up around here.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The lake level has been rising for the past week with more rain expected, that usually means a lot of debris. It wasn't too bad last weekend but it has risen 10 feet since then. I would guess next weekend the 21st it will be a mess, hopefully it clears some for memorial weekend

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
On the facebook group a guy posted how the "no wake" sign was essentially covered by water! It's high but i am sure it will go down by then. I agree the sebris was a pain but we were able to find a few coves and my in laws did some skiing and we did some tubing.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Was just going to go down on Friday the 28th to spend the day. Last year Norris was in great shape when Cumberland was full of trash. Not sure why that is. I guess because Cumberland has been getting higher every year. If anyone hits Cumberland before Memorial weekend please post conditions. Thanks.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
FB_IMG_1463236988811.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Also yes there are copperheads.
And yes the water is a bit high.
FB_IMG_1463236821132.jpg FB_IMG_1463236956576.jpg

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Water is extremely high right now (had 5" of rain last week), and lots of debris floating right now. I haven't saw the barge that collects the driftwood this year, and our end of the lake reflects it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Time to devise some sort of net to collect it or something. Last year we grabbed a bunch of driftwood and after a few days it went on the fire at camp!

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Any updates on condition. I want to take boat there this Friday the 10th. However, I don't want to spend the day under the boat cleaning out debris. Anyone at the lake this weekend?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We got a month and a half. Water should go down, collecting the debris along the sides.
I am brainstorming an idea to clear it all away as well.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was there over Memorial day. There were fields of debris but not horrible. Harmon creek (party cove) was clean. I boated from the middle of the lake by Conley bottom to Harmon in about 30 mins so it's not that bad. The lake is at full pool and will probably remain like that for the remainder of the season. @Craig , do you live there? I love the lake and the area! Will be back there June 15th.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Went to lake today. Put in at lees ford Landing. Tons of heavy debris out to main lake. Around Conley landing was in great shape, as was most of the main lake between lees ford and 5 miles past Conley.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Went to lake today. Put in at lees ford Landing. Tons of heavy debris out to main lake. Around Conley landing was in great shape, as was most of the main lake between lees ford and 5 miles past Conley.
I am going no matter the amount of debris!

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry guys, been busy for the last several weeks and not much time. I do live on Lake Cumberland @Kevin M . Sad thing is our house is less than 5 min from the lake and we haven't been on it once this season. Trash isn't horrible currently, but I'm afraid once it rains again it will be. There is the occasional area that holds debris and the tributaries are always worse at full pool, but from what I hear the main lake is in good shape.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sorry guys, been busy for the last several weeks and not much time. I do live on Lake Cumberland @Kevin M . Sad thing is our house is less than 5 min from the lake and we haven't been on it once this season. Trash isn't horrible currently, but I'm afraid once it rains again it will be. There is the occasional area that holds debris and the tributaries are always worse at full pool, but from what I hear the main lake is in good shape.
Well clean it all up for us would ya?
We're coming soon!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll be down tomorrow night for the week, I'll get it cleaned up then!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You are all coming to the meet and greet next month right? See my signature! (Turn phone sideways )

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went out for the first time this year yesterday afternoon, water looked great with little debris and at full pool.