• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lake Lanier 7/8

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was anyone on Lanier last night 7/8 in a '14 242 LS? Just north of the dam? I was teaching my wife to drive the boat so didn't stop by to say hello.

That's awesome! I would love to try something other than driving the boat!

That's awesome! I would love to try something other than driving the boat!
I tried skiing last week while my brother was driving. A jet ski came over to talk to us. Neither he - nor I - realized he was in a reverse when they were talking. All of a sudden the ski rope ripped out of my hands. I immediately yelled "KILL IT!!!!". Yep, sucked up a rope. Took a while to get it out, but we got it.

Travis, that's one of the reason I am relegated to driving....

We'll drive each other at the Lanier gathering :-) Hey Mike, where did you get the snap on cover and do you like it? I'm thinking of switching over from mine.

I do love it, but it came with the boat which we had to drive to Lake Norman, NC to pick up. So unfortunately, I have no idea where to get one.

Travis, that's one of the reason I am relegated to driving....
My brother and I both learned a lesson that day. For him, pay attention to the rope and what the boat is doing. For me, even though I am the skier, pay attention to the rope and what the boat is doing. Sounds logical and dumb, but we were just "sitting" there chit chatting. Neither one of us realized the boat was creeping backwards. Lesson learned!

Back