• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Last day on the water 2020

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm going hold out for an Indian summer here in Tennessee and go at least one more time. I might also do a late October fall color cruise, I can see the Smoky Mountains from my home lake and it should be beautiful.
I’d love to do a color cruise but it will be in the thirties here on two separate nights this week. :-/

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I guess they either fly off while you’re on the water or while the boat is being trailered.
Mine (On a 2010 242) Is secured in place when in use with a strap and a button/snap. I expected newer models to have the same. Is this not the case?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is secured with a strap that has a snap. I’ve had two Yamaha’s and neither of them came with the stern pass through cushion.

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
what is it with that stern walk through cushion missing, I just bought a used AR and it was also missing. Are those an option on the ARs?
What @WiskyDan mentioned, they fly off. Newer model have an addition snap to keep them in place. Another note is they are easily damaged because that is the most walked on surface besides the floor. I am not a fan of the 2021 255x because they now have the center backrest as removable as well.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what is it with that stern walk through cushion missing, I just bought a used AR and it was also missing. Are those an option on the ARs?
It should come with. On my 210, I removed it after the first ride, and it's never been put back in since. There's more than enough seating on the boat, so removing that one cushion gives a nice easy walk-through so people don't have to go stepping all over the seats. It's my guess that people put them somewhere, forget about them, and never put them back in for the same reason I mentioned. It snaps in, so unless it's not fastened, I don't see them getting lost while trailering. I've removed the snap and plan to patch it with some gelcoat when I'm doing all the floor snaps. To boot, if you get the extra SeaDek pieces, you can get one for that spot, and I'd imagine it makes it dang near impossible to snap that seat cushion back on with the SeaDek. The SeaDek also gives folks an indicator of the walking area on your boat so hopefully they can pick up on this and not step all over the cushions.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d love to do a color cruise but it will be in the thirties here on two separate nights this week. :-/
We will likely be doing a color cruise up the Wolf in 3 weeks, and that will likely be the end of our season. If it weren't for the wife not wanting to go out on the boat because "it's too cold", I'd be boating into November. As it was last year, I went out by myself several times once it got too cold for her. If I can figure out a way to block the gaps around the fold out door when it's deployed, the wife will probably be fine to go out a few more times than in the past.

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will likely be doing a color cruise up the Wolf in 3 weeks, and that will likely be the end of our season. If it weren't for the wife not wanting to go out on the boat because "it's too cold", I'd be boating into November. As it was last year, I went out by myself several times once it got too cold for her. If I can figure out a way to block the gaps around the fold out door when it's deployed, the wife will probably be fine to go out a few more times than in the past.
Has anyone posted a thread about installing a heater? When purchasing I almost bought a centurion that had one installed.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems like the only options would be electric or propane for a heater. Propane, I'm not a fan of trying that out on the boat, and electric seems like it might trip a breaker or some other such thing. Electric heaters of any use would have to be 1500 watts or more, to my thinking. Fine in a house or on shore power, not so much any other way.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not giving up on the season yet. Been cold here lately but I'm in for cruising and doing some exploring on the Mississippi to find some better hang out spots or just different areas to cruise.

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Seems like the only options would be electric or propane for a heater. Propane, I'm not a fan of trying that out on the boat, and electric seems like it might trip a breaker or some other such thing. Electric heaters of any use would have to be 1500 watts or more, to my thinking. Fine in a house or on shore power, not so much any other way.
They are specifically
They are specifically designed for marine use. Here is one that I found on a quick search but there are much better ones. uses the water circulation after it goes through the engine.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A Wolf River Color Tour will be a good run. I've done it. (Can't this year due to life "getting in the way" again...)

This was taken 9/29/12:
1601480814292.png
By mid October will really be popping.

For cooler weather I'd suggest a snap-in bow cover. It cuts the wind down to zero. When the kids were little and we'd go on "cool weather" rides, they'd all pile under the bow cover like it was a tent. You can see mine has a snap-in adjustable pole in the center.

1601480495390.png

Some folks hate the snaps - and I get that - but I'm about 90% function 10% looks. No snaps may look cleaner but I'd rather have the cover available for cooler weather - or sudden rough weather on Winnebago. Plus, if it gets the wife out on the boat late-season, that should be the "win."

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This was taken 9/29/12:
View attachment 134516

Some folks hate the snaps - and I get that - but I'm about 90% function 10% looks. No snaps may look cleaner but I'd rather have the cover available for cooler weather - or sudden rough weather on Winnebago. Plus, if it gets the wife out on the boat late-season, that should be the "win."
That looks like just around the bend from Hahn-a-Lula. That's encouraging, we have friends coming up the 17th, and I will be looking for ways to deal with the wind this weekend and hopefully have a temporary solution for this year. The wife is intrigued by the bow cover too, and I'm with you on function first, and then "dress it up", and I like the idea of not having to pull the boat out to cover it (or risk falling in when trying to use the mooring cover).

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone posted a thread about installing a heater? When purchasing I almost bought a centurion that had one installed.
I was actually Thinking about that the other day when I saw that hot water coming out above the jet pump from the thermostat . If you could run that through a heater core on the boat you would have just as good heat as a car!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It should come with. On my 210, I removed it after the first ride, and it's never been put back in since.
Same with our 212s...it's in the strb storage in case we have lots of people one day and need the added seating, otherwise we have no intention of using it since the stepover is used a lot and we have Seadek on there now.

As for fall cruises, it might be ok this weekend...cool but sunny is fine with us, we just bundle up a bit to stay warm. We've been out past Thanksgiving on the boat (mid-October in Canada) in previous years. I've already put Stabil through her to keep the gas stabilized, so even if we don't get out anymore, the fuel tank, lines, and engines are ready for storage. Just need to top up the tank with a bit more Stabil if she gets used and it's ready.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was planning on pulling the boat off the lift this weekend, when it's 45 and raining. However, next weekend is supposed to be 60 and sunny, so it ain't over yet! This is in northern Wisconsin, love the late fall rides when the colors have peaked.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was planning on pulling the boat off the lift this weekend, when it's 45 and raining. However, next weekend is supposed to be 60 and sunny, so it ain't over yet! This is in northern Wisconsin, love the late fall rides when the colors have peaked.
Yup. I'll be WAY up North in Da U.P. Dere shutting down my Mom's cottage for the winter. Otherwise I'd be on the water.

edit: As an aside, if you need a pronunciation guide to the above, check out Jeff Daniels in "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" which is included with Amazon Prime at the moment. (Admittedly, that's them Southern Yoopers so they talk pretty funny.) :cool:

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup. I'll be WAY up North in Da U.P. Dere shutting down my Mom's cottage for the winter. Otherwise I'd be on the water.

edit: As an aside, if you need a pronunciation guide to the above, check out Jeff Daniels in "Escanaba in Da Moonlight" which is included with Amazon Prime at the moment. (Admittedly, that's them Southern Yoopers so they talk pretty funny.) :cool:

Thats cool,I live in Escanaba!!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats cool,I live in Escanaba!!
Awesome! I was wondering about your screen name. Now I know for sure! :cool:

I was born and raised 10 miles north of Houghton. Had to leave after I graduated Michigan Tech with my Elec Eng degree. Would have preferred to stay but just didn't feel comfortable economically. Not enough jobs and no "back up" plan if you lose the one you have. Having seen what my folks had to deal with, I just couldn't live with the uncertainty.

Hoping to get back up there (or at least close) after retirement. My kids will all probably end up down here in SE WI so I don't think I'll ever go all the way back home. I want to be at least within a reasonable driving distance of them.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If I trailered my boat and kept it at home I'd probably try to do one of the fall cruises to see the colors but I don't have that option.

The colors at High Cliff State park on the NE shore of Lake Winnebago has to be spectacular once the colors turn.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! I was wondering about your screen name. Now I know for sure! :cool:

I was born and raised 10 miles north of Houghton. Had to leave after I graduated Michigan Tech with my Elec Eng degree. Would have preferred to stay but just didn't feel comfortable economically. Not enough jobs and no "back up" plan if you lose the one you have. Having seen what my folks had to deal with, I just couldn't live with the uncertainty.

Hoping to get back up there (or at least close) after retirement. My kids will all probably end up down here in SE WI so I don't think I'll ever go all the way back home. I want to be at least within a reasonable driving distance of them.
Thats cool my dad graduated from MI TECH as a mechanical engineer (now retired) and I am an electrician. I just don't like the long winters but we do seem to keep plenty busy.