• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed LectroTab Trim Tabs Group Buy 2020-Ends March 31 2020

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As far as I know, nobody here has put 9" x 16" trim tabs on the pre-2010 Yamaha hulls. Everything I have read, for at least the 07-09 hulls have been 12" x 12" tabs. One of you could be the first to do this. I would cut out a piece of cardboard the size of the trim tab and hold it on the transom, or actually the step in the bottom of the hull on these boats to see if it will fit. I can say there will not be an interference issue with the tie down straps and trim tabs. I did add a 1/4" shim piece of HDPE to bring the tabs almost flush with the bottom of the hull, at the step.
You are not limited to the 9 x 16 kit, they announced 55% discounts on all kits.
Thanks. I think I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they can tell me exactly what I need. Really hadn't planned on an expense like this right now but this discount..... holy mackerel.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks @gthh for doin all the work on this and putting it together..boy it looks tight under there on my 212x..I don't see anyone ordering for a 21. I've had trim tabs on other boats before and experienced the enormous benefits of trimming the boat..
Any benefits with these for surfing?

Happy Boating and Stay Healthy!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @gthh for doin all the work on this and putting it together..boy it looks tight under there on my 212x..I don't see anyone ordering for a 21. I've had trim tabs on other boats before and experienced the enormous benefits of trimming the boat..

You are so Welcome!

...as with any successful venture, the quality of support you have makes the difference.

So thanks @swatski @Bruce @zipper @tdonoughue for your help and members that leveraged the buying power of this forum and placed orders and encouraged others and passed on some knowledge and experiences (conjunction junction....-sorry).

Last edited:

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I believe the hull is the same as my FSH 210. Check my post above.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd love to get in on this but the timing isn't great with everything that's going on. Hopefully we can do this again once we get through this crisis.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
for anybody on the fence... GET IT. I bought it for the bimini trip and it paid off big time by cutting through the wake. it was such a smooth ride.

see this video -->trim tabs sx240

Last edited:

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ordered Today - with ALC

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wish they could hold the sale a bit longer till I get some $$$ dang COVID

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone done this on a 2015 plus AR240? I'd like to see how they fit.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just bumping this thread.

I know this can be a difficult time for some of us but the group buy will be ending on the 31st EOB.

My best to everyone and hope all is well!

YamaHOO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Ordered!
2) T9x12-9008, SS tabs with taper bends up
2) S-BK-13, Short, 12VDC actuators w/23’ cable
1) MLC-1, manual leveling control

I work less than a mile from the Lectrotab office, so Russ offered to let me pick up instead of paying for shipping and maybe even get a look around the place.