• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lectrotab Trim Tabs

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We put the boat at its summer time residence on Saturday. So I got the chance to try out the new Lectrotab trim tabs. They performed well and as expected, they improved the ride quality in the 1' chop as well as the larger boat wakes we encountered on this busy weekend. They brought the bow down and put an end to the porpoising and pounding that we encountered with out them. The co-pilot was skeptical about their ability until she experienced the difference. I am glad I did this mod. Mod $$ well spent.

paulellison72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all, I have a question that hopefully someone has had some experience with. I purchased the Bennett Bolt 12x12 tabs and auto leveler for my 2017 sx240 before i saw all the post where jet boaters were using the lenco tabs. will the bennett tabs work as well with these boats and if so is there any recomendations or tips on how they should be installed or placed. thanks.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am sure some member had those. I think it was Isaac

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isaac has Lencos.
@Glassman is the one with Bennetts

--

paulellison72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
does anyone have photos of the bennett bolt tabs installed on there yjb

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He does have the 12 x 9s. I wonder if 12 x 12 will fit without interfering with the transom tie down straps.

paulellison72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if the 12x12 bolt trim tabs will fit without interfering with the tie down straps would it be better to go with the 12x12 over the 12x9 on my sx240?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@paulellison72 Our hulls are different between my 07 and your 17. Do what I and others did, cutout a piece of 12 x 12 cardboard or whatever size 12 x 9 and fit it to your hull. 12 x 12 presents a larger surface area to the water, but you may not need them that long. I rarely deploy mine more than half way to make the necessary ride changes. 12 x 9s may fit better on your hull. @blacksapphirez started a thread about his on his hull, there is a link to it a few posts above, #88 posted by @Bill D .

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question about these trim tabs. Went we are anchored up at the beach or swimming hole, the rocking boat kills me with just little waves, the back and forth from passing boats that came by 200 yards away. Not even big waves, but the rocking and beers eventually makes me sick. Any chance trim tabs would help calm the boat down when not underway at all?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Question about these trim tabs. Went we are anchored up at the beach or swimming hole, the rocking boat kills me with just little waves, the back and forth from passing boats that came by 200 yards away. Not even big waves, but the rocking and beers eventually makes me sick. Any chance trim tabs would help calm the boat down when not underway at all?
no they sit under water. find a quieter cove lol

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what mine look like fully rectracted. I used the #12 screws. I will find out his weekend if they hold up or not.
This photo makes me question my install. Is the flare sides supposed to be up or down? You all seem to have it facing down on the water? I had my flares face up away from the water. Please don't tell me I did them wrong? lol

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@FloJet I believe @swatski installed his with bent tabs up, so I think ur good as you pretty much have the same boat. I am sure he will chime in. I installed mine bent down on a AR230 hull.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh Ok. Ya I see @swatski got it like mine. He advised that. But when I looked at the early tab posts I saw others doing it the other way. I see that surfing boats do have the flare down for some reason? I would like to know the difference in each way tho for future reference.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if my memory serves me well, the flares down give you more grip. Whereas up gives you a better wake.
I installed my tabs, so I can go to Bimini and wanted to have all the grip I can could get.

in all honesty though @FloJet, I dont think it makes a big difference.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thank you. Either way I'm very satisfied.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a cc of one of my PMs aboutbit:
“Mine are designed with the flares up. Not important for cruising as there is plenty of surface and no need for additional grip IMO, but important if you ever want to surf - the flares up prevent messing with surfable wake surface.
The tabs are NOT inter-changable so make sure you know which way is up. If in doubt, call Dan/Claibourne.”

Besides, I do not believe these tabs need any more grip! I almost never have them fully deployed as they give so much influence/ attitude adjustment I’m concerned about stuffing the bow.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The good thing about the brains of the Auto controller is it never points bow lower than what it needs. I even feel at times it needs to point bow down more. Even in Auto mode you can adjust than save it to the memory. It will than compensate from there. I will try to take some videos but so far I'm pretty impressed with it. Another good thing is it auto corrects to keep the boat from porpoising, which is huge with all the batteries and equipment I have. Now with people on there it will always level and set the right attitude on the go. But if need be, I can always turn off the auto feature and manually do things. Get best of both worlds IMO. I will have play and tune it more in rough conditions.

Off to the lake. Will report if I'm in rough conditions. Oklahoma winds can be ferocious at times.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The good thing about the brains of the Auto controller is it never points bow lower than what it needs. I even feel at times it needs to point bow down more. Even in Auto mode you can adjust than save it to the memory. It will than compensate from there. I will try to take some videos but so far I'm pretty impressed with it. Another good thing is it auto corrects to keep the boat from porpoising, which is huge with all the batteries and equipment I have. Now with people on there it will always level and set the right attitude on the go. But if need be, I can always turn off the auto feature and manually do things. Get best of both worlds IMO. I will have play and tune it more in rough conditions.

Off to the lake. Will report if I'm in rough conditions. Oklahoma winds can be ferocious at times.
Man, keep us posted!!!!

--