• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at a 2019 leftover 212 Limited S but it has a painted trailer

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be boating in salt water and need a galvanized trailer. Dealer says they will deduct $2,000.00 and keep the OEM Shorelander trailer and will put me in touch with their LoadRite rep to purchase a new, galvanized bunk tandem axle trailer with surge brakes and folding tongue.

Would I be OK on a non OEM trailer? I know that LoadRite is top rated but I am worried about matching the boat, tongue weigh setup and easy of loading and unloading.

Also, anyone have a ballpark idea of what a new galvanized 21’ trailer costs?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well you could look at it this way they’re giving you $2000 for a painted piece of junk that you would have to replace within three years if you’ve used it in the salt water. My shorelander trailer was the only piece of the whole kit and kaboodle That was not made by Yamaha and I had more trouble With that than I’ve had with my boat. I have the aluminum and galvanized one and all of the lights fell off the license plate Fell off and one fender has fallen off they did not use lockwashers or Loctite on any of the bolts.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If your happy with the prices, Then go for it.

LKA9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be boating in salt water and need a galvanized trailer. Dealer says they will deduct $2,000.00 and keep the OEM Shorelander trailer and will put me in touch with their LoadRite rep to purchase a new, galvanized bunk tandem axle trailer with surge brakes and folding tongue.

Would I be OK on a non OEM trailer? I know that LoadRite is top rated but I am worried about matching the boat, tongue weigh setup and easy of loading and unloading.

Also, anyone have a ballpark idea of what a new galvanized 21’ trailer costs?
Also looking at the same boat trying to get the best price of course best I got was 52,000 OTD what about you.

LKA9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bought the boat I was looking at 52k out the door was the cheapest I could find. Did get extra 4 years of warranty plus the 1 so 5 total. We ended up splitting the cost of the cover. I looked at a total of 5 dealerships in a 300 mile radius.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some of my ramblings on the topic....
Aluminum trailers are beautiful, like a jewel. Same as Stainless steel anchors..gorgeous but expensive, and galvanized is 99% of the function at 60% of the price or less... I'm cheap, so I tend to look for cheapest option that works. Trailers have few moving parts, and most can be easily replaced. (Springs and axles, tires and brakes are about $800 the rest of the cost is the frame.) The trailer turns into a burden if the boat owner has a slip or marina dry storage...this is your opportunity to buy a used trailer from someone that does not need it. Look in Craigslist, they show up quite frequently. That's my cheap suggestion.