• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

losing sleep ... cone bearings

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so I changed my housings last year took out my shafts and greased my cone and front bearing ... i tried like hell to pack the front so hopefully the rear bearing got some .. but now im thinking of pulling them this season and putting the impeller shafts vertical through the drill holder slot in a work ladder and grease the front thinking gravity will get the grease to back bearing ... the seal i made with venturi section and housing is really good though and i almost do not want to touch it ... if i go the horizontal route again it will be so much less of a Pain in ass ... but i wont know if i have the back greased .... thoughts guys ??? Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what gear lube mixes with epnoc grease?
The EPNOC sturry is a mixture of grease and oil. I would not dilute it any more.

There are lots of threads on it if you search.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
what gear lube mixes with epnoc grease?
Regular gear lube now understand this is not supposition this is based on actual experience with excellent results so it's your boat do as you like but I can say a lot of other jets don't use grease they only use gear lube I add it to the existing grease to insure the fluid is spread all over the inside so that the seals are wet and all the moving parts are wet , I also do the intermediate bearings for that reason and to avoid building pressure inside the bearing housings, again this is based on first hand experience not supposition . I have been boating since I was 14 years old that gives me 56 years of boating experience and I have also done a bit of inventing along the way with 5 us patents and over 100 patented claims so all I can do is share my decades of experience in an effort to help you with your concern what you do with that information is certainly up to you.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may seem like a stupid question but how do you add gear oil without it spilling out when putting cone on? Are you removing the pump and holding vertical?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you refilled with epnoc then why are you worring so much about the front bearing not getting grease. The epnoc when in use and warm shoud flow between both bearings.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The cone bearing failures were so minimal years ago I wonder what changed possibly the o ring is a different material or size allowing water to weep in.

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you refilled with epnoc then why are you worring so much about the front bearing not getting grease. The epnoc when in use and warm shoud flow between both bearings.
how do we know this exactly though ?

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may seem like a stupid question but how do you add gear oil without it spilling out when putting cone on? Are you removing the pump and holding vertical?
exactly my question