• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lost anchor....Recommended replacement anchor type and weight for 195S?

I purchased this over a year ago and it has worked out fantastic. I also keep it on the Spool/Thimble hooked to my anchor when not in use to make storage easier how I store it under front starboard seat.

Amazon.com: Boat Anchor Rope - 100 ft x 3/8 inch - Double Braided Nylon Anchor Line/Boat Rope with 316SS Thimble and Heavy Duty Marine Grade Snap Hook - Black - Rainier Supply Co : Sports & Outdoors

@HangOutdoors , I ordered the 150 ft version of this anchor line. Thanks for the recommendation! I also got a 19 lb box anchor that I will be attaching directly to the line. I see this line comes with a clip. Did you use that to attach to your chain/anchor, or did you use a shackle? Seems like a shackle would be more secure, but maybe that's a misconception on my part.

My rope is attached to a chain which is then attached to my Mantus Anchor.

My rope is attached to a chain which is then attached to my Mantus Anchor.

I guess my question is:

How did you attach the rope to your chain? Did you use the stainless carabiner clip that came with the rope? or did you add a shackle?

Shackle the the rope eyelet with zipties through hole. Same to anchor.

...with or without roller? Does it fit in the locker?

Are you referring to the roll bar - the "hoop" on the M1?

Unless you seriously modify the anchor locker opening, it won't fit in the anchor locker. I made a wooden holder for mine, and it sits nicely under either of the forward seats. This isn't mine, but this is exactly what I did, and built something quite close to this. Dunno where I got the pics from, perhaps someone from here. Credit to the creator, this thing doesn't move around due to the "outriggers" of the wooden holder combined with the weight of the anchor.

Anchor holder 01(1).jpg

Anchor Holder 02(1).jpg

I keep mine under the front seat for the front. I use my anchor locker for side fenders and all my water sport ropes.

Are you referring to the roll bar - the "hoop" on the M1?

Unless you seriously modify the anchor locker opening, it won't fit in the anchor locker. I made a wooden holder for mine, and it sits nicely under either of the forward seats. This isn't mine, but this is exactly what I did, and built something quite close to this. Dunno where I got the pics from, perhaps someone from here. Credit to the creator, this thing doesn't move around due to the "outriggers" of the wooden holder combined with the weight of the anchor.

View attachment 197712

View attachment 197713
Thanks, Appreciate the reply!

In my FSH 210 anchor locker…19 pound box anchor.
IMG_6684.jpeg

We use a 13lb box. Started with a 19lb but it doesn't fit in the anchor locker.

Which boat?
195s. We keep a Danforth anchor in the factory brackets and the box anchor width wise near the top of the locker. We were led to believe the 19ib would fit, but doesn't and is a beast to haul in. The dan forth we boat with the boat but found wasn't enough to hold the boat in moderate wind.

I wish I could recall who used an 8lb Mantus for their 195, maybe @2kwik4u? I do remember them saying the 8lb worked well for their boat, but I'm not sure where/how they stored it. I'm not sure what the 195 anchor locker looks like in comparison to my 210, but I don't think even the 8lb one would fit my anchor locker, so I'm guessing the 195 is the same or smaller. I've got a 13lb, IIRC, and that works beautifully, but again, I don't/can't store it in the anchor locker. I used to have 2, but for what and where we go, I don't need 2 of those hogs.

The anchor locker is now used to store lines and day-trip items that are fine with getting damp/wet.

195s. We keep a Danforth anchor in the factory brackets and the box anchor width wise near the top of the locker. We were led to believe the 19ib would fit, but doesn't and is a beast to haul in. The dan forth we boat with the boat but found wasn't enough to hold the boat in moderate wind.
Which 13 pounder did you get? Do you recall the folded dimensions? Looking at Seachoice and Slide.

Which 13 pounder did you get? Do you recall the folded dimensions? Looking at Seachoice and Slide.
We have Slide Anchor. These are the dimensions on their website, Baby Box Anchor - 13 Lbs - 18” L x 7” W x 4.5” H I believe they are the folded dimensions.

I wish I could recall who used an 8lb Mantus for their 195, maybe @2kwik4u? I do remember them saying the 8lb worked well for their boat, but I'm not sure where/how they stored it. I'm not sure what the 195 anchor locker looks like in comparison to my 210, but I don't think even the 8lb one would fit my anchor locker, so I'm guessing the 195 is the same or smaller. I've got a 13lb, IIRC, and that works beautifully, but again, I don't/can't store it in the anchor locker. I used to have 2, but for what and where we go, I don't need 2 of those hogs.

The anchor locker is now used to store lines and day-trip items that are fine with getting damp/wet.
I use a 22lb Navy Style Anchor. I'm mostly on inland lakes and rivers in the midwest/southeast. Bottoms are either rocky or muddy usually. Used it with excellent success around Destin/Pensacola in '21 on a sandy bottom as well. Only thing I don't like about it is the 22lbs in the very tip of the bow. Otherwise it works great, and is dead simple.

Tried a Fluke Style with chain for a season. It sucked. Never set quite right and required too much "fiddling about" to get it to work. I'm lazy, so the extra heavy Navy Style makes it a "chuck it overboard", set it and forget it.

We have Slide Anchor. These are the dimensions on their website, Baby Box Anchor - 13 Lbs - 18” L x 7” W x 4.5” H I believe they are the folded dimensions.
Any chance the small would fit in the locker? 22x8.5x5 ? Or do you think it unnecessary, the baby holds plenty fine in swells and wind?

Any chance the small would fit in the locker? 22x8.5x5 ? Or do you think it unnecessary, the baby holds plenty fine in swells and wind?
We never tried to store the small in its configured/box shape, we always collapsed it. Now I curious. I will check it out Thursday when we take the boat out.

I think the baby will hold up weel in the wind, If its gusting 25-30 maybe not, unless you in a small cove. We also use the danforth or a sandspike off the stern quite often when we anchor up.

We never tried to store the small in its configured/box shape, we always collapsed it. Now I curious. I will check it out Thursday when we take the boat out.

I think the baby will hold up weel in the wind, If its gusting 25-30 maybe not, unless you in a small cove. We also use the danforth or a sandspike off the stern quite often when we anchor up.
That would be great (checking to see if the extra inches of the small will still fit!

Thanks - most appreciated!

Back