• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Love our FSH 195 Sport...But

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We may position ourselves to try and get a 252 FSH Sport or maybe the 255 E next year. Leaning more towards the 252...plenty enough speed to gets us where we want to go, doesn't require premium fuel but will better suite our desire to do more stuff off the coast. Also considering a 210.

Will definitely love to hear 252 and 255 owners especially those that made this kind of a jump in boat size.

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went from a 190 to a 255. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Love Love Love it. I initially went in to put a deposit on a 252. But the dealership here in Orlando stopped ordering them. There was no demand. So I put a deposit on the 255. No regrets at all.
I had gone from the 190 due to size. It was great for a few people. Once I put 4 adults on it. It became a different boat. HTH.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's sure exhausting reading all the different pros/cons of these different models. Dealer says they can order me a 2023 model end of August. Part of me wants to go with the 210 Sport to save on gas/towing and overall price. But the full send thoughts have me going 255 E as I know we want to do more out at the coast and off shore plus I like the speed of my 195. The 252 sure looks like a good compromise.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's sure exhausting reading all the different pros/cons of these different models. Dealer says they can order me a 2023 model end of August. Part of me wants to go with the 210 Sport to save on gas/towing and overall price. But the full send thoughts have me going 255 E as I know we want to do more out at the coast and off shore plus I like the speed of my 195. The 252 sure looks like a good compromise.
There are no UHauls following the hearse to the graveyard….=full send.

I personally think the 252 is the better all around option with its lower fuel consumption and analog throttles and shifting, especially the shifting, being able to infinitely adjust thrust to get the right trolling speed is really important to me…but the allure of the higher power engines of the 255 especially for me at high altitude would be very tempting.

I boat mainly by myself and I have the 210 which is totally awesome 90% of the time, the other 10% of the it’s great! Once I get more than four people on board then it sure would be nice to have the bigger boat.

Know what is really interesting? Look at the gallons of storage on the 210 FSH and compare that to the storage on the 252/255…. The 210 has 571 gallons of storage, the 252 has 557 gallons of storage, and the 255 has 543 gallons of storage. The 252/255 loses a fair amount of storage due to the aquarium live well replacing the storage pod…. Having two live wells is great I suppose but losing that storage from the port storage pod all the way through and under the port bow seating seems like a bit of a waste. But, that aquarium live well could be used as storage or as a cooler.

Power to weight ratio, each boat fully fueled and no gear or accessories.
210 FSH Sport = 14.87:1
252 FSH Sport = 15.13:1
255 FSH Sport = 11.00:1

Power to weight ratio, each boat fully fueled and at max weight. These numbers here tell the tale.

210 FSH Sport = 25.01:1
252 FSH Sport = 22.63:1
255 FSH Sport = 16.40:1

Maybe one day I’d upgrade to a bigger boat, but for now and the foreseeable future the little 210 will be just great at fishing, entertaining and camping.

Last edited:

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are no UHauls following the hearse to the graveyard….=full send.

I personally think the 252 is the better all around option with its lower fuel consumption and analog throttles and shifting, especially the shifting, being able to infinitely adjust thrust to get the right trolling speed is really important to me…but the allure of the higher power engines of the 255 especially for me at high altitude would be very tempting.

I boat mainly by myself and I have the 210 which is totally awesome 90% of the time, the other 10% of the it’s great! Once I get more than four people on board then it sure would be nice to have the bigger boat.

Know what is really interesting? Look at the gallons of storage on the 210 FSH and compare that to the storage on the 252/255…. The 210 has 571 gallons of storage, the 252 has 557 gallons of storage, and the 255 has 543 gallons of storage. The 252/255 loses a fair amount of storage due to the aquarium live well replacing the storage pod…. Having two live wells is great I suppose but losing that storage from the port storage pod all the way through and under the port bow seating seems like a bit of a waste. But, that aquarium live well could be used as storage or as a cooler.

Power to weight ratio, each boat fully fueled and no gear or accessories.
210 FSH Sport = 14.87:1
252 FSH Sport = 15.13:1
255 FSH Sport = 11.00:1

Power to weight ratio, each boat fully fueled and at max weight. These numbers here tell the tale.

210 FSH Sport = 25.01:1
252 FSH Sport = 22.63:1
255 FSH Sport = 16.40:1

Maybe one day I’d upgrade to a bigger boat, but for now and the foreseeable future the little 210 will be just great at fishing, entertaining and camping.
I noticed the storage differences. we use our current live well for extra storage, so I'm sure we'd use one or both live wells for storage on a 252/255. Wife and I have been discussing it more and it seems the 252 is what we're going to shoot for mainly due to the lower preice and regular fuel. I'd love to just get the lower priced 210, but really want the higher gunnels and offshore capabilities.

My dealer contacted me asking if I'd be interested in a 22' 255. I'm guessing they have one coming in that the buyer backed out or wasn't already spoken for. Really would like the extra power, but think the 252 will suffice. We typically don't run much faster than 40-45 anyways.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I noticed the storage differences. we use our current live well for extra storage, so I'm sure we'd use one or both live wells for storage on a 252/255. Wife and I have been discussing it more and it seems the 252 is what we're going to shoot for mainly due to the lower preice and regular fuel. I'd love to just get the lower priced 210, but really want the higher gunnels and offshore capabilities.

My dealer contacted me asking if I'd be interested in a 22' 255. I'm guessing they have one coming in that the buyer backed out or wasn't already spoken for. Really would like the extra power, but think the 252 will suffice. We typically don't run much faster than 40-45 anyways.

The regular fuel thing is a big deal for sure.. I’m hoping that Boat Test will do a test on the 252 at some point in the near future, and it would be even better if they did a side by side test of the 255 and the 252 highlighting the differences to help people like yourself make the best decision for their needs… I do have to admit I’m lustfully interested in the 255, she’s such a sexy beast, but the electronically controlled shifting is a deal breaker for me, if I was fishing off shore with higher trolling speeds the E shifting would be okay, but I troll at 1.8mph..

I do like the higher gunnels / freeboard as well..and the bigger lakes up in here the Midwest get some pretty big & high frequency waves in the range of 8-10’ at the high end. For me, I’d probably end up having to do the high altitude impellers which isn’t that much of an issue since I have the experience with my 210. Zack Adams seems like he is very satisfied with his 252 for offshore work. For me, I’ve spent so much time and money in the last few months working on my 210 to make it even better I think I’d like to enjoy it for a good long while before upgrading.

Best cruise is going to be in that 27-31mph range on the 252/255 and according to boat test and boating mag best cruise mpg is pretty close to the same (?) around 2.0 mpg but at full song the difference in fuel consumption is dramatic, 43.8 mph 24gph /1.9 mpg in a 252SD ( only boat close to the 252 with NA 1.8‘s but it is 150# less in dry weight) and 57.5 mph 44.3 gph / 1.3 mpg in the 255 FSH, with the 210 FSH coming in at 27.7 mph 8 gph / 3.5mpg @ best cruise and 43.8 mph 16.8 gph / 2.6 mpg at wot.

A2BD8199-8F44-423F-AC0D-4AADA5225097.png

EEFB681F-273A-47F7-953B-B02560452411.png

AF865AB7-9204-478E-A264-A942FD299C3C.png

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The regular fuel thing is a big deal for sure.. I’m hoping that Boat Test will do a test on the 252 at some point in the near future, and it would be even better if they did a side by side test of the 255 and the 252 highlighting the differences to help people like yourself make the best decision for their needs… I do have to admit I’m lustfully interested in the 255, she’s such a sexy beast, but the electronically controlled shifting is a deal breaker for me, if I was fishing off shore with higher trolling speeds the E shifting would be okay, but I troll at 1.8mph..

I do like the higher gunnels / freeboard as well..and the bigger lakes up in here the Midwest get some pretty big & high frequency waves in the range of 8-10’ at the high end. For me, I’d probably end up having to do the high altitude impellers which isn’t that much of an issue since I have the experience with my 210. Zack Adams seems like he is very satisfied with his 252 for offshore work. For me, I’ve spent so much time and money in the last few months working on my 210 to make it even better I think I’d like to enjoy it for a good long while before upgrading.

Best cruise is going to be in that 27-31mph range on the 252/255 and according to boat test and boating mag best cruise mpg is pretty close to the same (?) around 2.0 mpg but at full song the difference in fuel consumption is dramatic, 43.8 mph 24gph /1.9 mpg in a 252SD ( only boat close to the 252 with NA 1.8‘s but it is 150# less in dry weight) and 57.5 mph 44.3 gph / 1.3 mpg in the 255 FSH, with the 210 FSH coming in at 27.7 mph 8 gph / 3.5mpg @ best cruise and 43.8 mph 16.8 gph / 2.6 mpg at wot.

View attachment 183086

View attachment 183085

View attachment 183084
This articulates just how awesome our 210's are in the fuel department. I'd considered going 255 eventually... but man... that fuel usage is bonkers.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi! Did you use your FSH 195 in the ocean? What's the most amount of people you can fit without it impacting maneuverability/speed? Thanks!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi! Did you use your FSH 195 in the ocean? What's the most amount of people you can fit without it impacting maneuverability/speed? Thanks!
Numerous times. We don't know a lot of folk to take out on boat. We've had 4 adults and honestly anymore than 4 adults and 1-2 kids would be the max I'd have on board.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Numerous times. We don't know a lot of folk to take out on boat. We've had 4 adults and honestly anymore than 4 adults and 1-2 kids would be the max I'd have on board.
Gotcha. Good to know. I was thinking I'd prob have no more than 5 adults on it. Thanks!