• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lowest temp? Who has the lowest actual temp?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
shovel.... *shudder* I avoid the shovel and just run the snowblower. That's what I got married for! Honey, put down the lamp, don't...aaaack!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
's funny, those of us who enjoy the weather and the winter sports point out our cold temps in an offhanded way, I'm certain nobody is complaining, but the counter responses are always something that implies most definitely that we're poor saps for not enjoying the "cold" of 60 degree winters. I lived in NC for several years, and we considered retiring there prior to some things we inherited, but I've never longed for the swampy summers and earthquake/hurricane issues that arise. Mebbe somebody think back to these threads when they're about to get pounded by a hurricane, and consider that there's pluses and minuses to living ANYWHERE.

I'll take my handful of bitter temps, because it comes with snow and ice, without which, we wouldn't have ice fishing drinking, snowmobile drinking, snow skiing drinking.... :D

I was 110% implying you were a "poor sap" and assuming that you hated it. I also assumed I was just a better person than you for not having to endure it. Thank you for wishing a natural disaster on me to rectify my thought process, well deserved. When it happens, I'll rush straight here and make sure I let you know you were right.

I've lived in the frozen tundra. And moderate climates. And mild climates. And now I'm in my paradise. It isn't everyones, but that's not gonna make me enjoy it any less.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for wishing a natural disaster on me to rectify my thought process, well deserved.
You can re-read what I typed. Nowhere did I ever wish a natural disaster on you. It never happened.

Much like the cold in northern climates, it's something that comes with southern climates.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
's funny, those of us who enjoy the weather and the winter sports point out our cold temps in an offhanded way, I'm certain nobody is complaining, but the counter responses are always something that implies most definitely that we're poor saps for not enjoying the "cold" of 60 degree winters. I lived in NC for several years, and we considered retiring there prior to some things we inherited, but I've never longed for the swampy summers and earthquake/hurricane issues that arise. Mebbe somebody think back to these threads when they're about to get pounded by a hurricane, and consider that there's pluses and minuses to living ANYWHERE.

I'll take my handful of bitter temps, because it comes with snow and ice, without which, we wouldn't have ice fishing drinking, snowmobile drinking, snow skiing drinking.... :D
To each their own. I do miss the relatively short drive to good downhill skiing. Just not as much I enjoy being able to wakebaord on veteran’s day and easter weekend. The big thing is find what suits you. For some that is using gas powered drill to make a hole to fish in a shack with plenty of whiskey. For others it is floating in bath water warm lakes with pina coladas in hand. Either way we like rousing each other in jest.

I do feel for those in the worst part of the vortex right now. For those with negative double digit temps grab a mug of hot water, walk outside and toss the water in the air. It is one of those weird science things to enjoy when it gets this cold.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just "shopping" online with the wife for cooler tubes, the river we go tubing on has some giant thing they charge too much for. She's looking forward to summer vacation trips, and she was kinda shocked when I reminded her that we're headed up north (FURTHER north? Yup!) next weekend for opening day of sturgeon drinking season! Now if I could only get her to want her own snowmobile...

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got 73 on Saturday at the river house. Shorts and sandals while we installed a garage door for the boat shelter. I still have to put another door on the east side to fully enclose it.

Attachments

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just northeast of Philly we are getting up to 57 today and slightly warmer tomorrow! Big change from a week ago!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got 73 on Saturday at the river house. Shorts and sandals while we installed a garage door for the boat shelter. I still have to put another door on the east side to fully enclose it.

How much did that run you? Do I see a garage door on the other side too?

Looks like it'd be a whole lot cheaper than a stick-built garage, but not sure about codes in my area.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much did that run you? Do I see a garage door on the other side too?

Looks like it'd be a whole lot cheaper than a stick-built garage, but not sure about codes in my area.
Not sure. It came with the house. I raised it up 5' and skinned the rest for under 2000 in materials, then 2000 for the garage door. Look up rv carport. I bet you could get one about 20'x30' installed for under 10k, but concrete is probably another 5-10k.