• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Magma Cabo grill Black Friday special

That is a great price and a great grill. Jump on it!

I just blew $50 worth of West Marine rewards last week on crap.....grrrr!

@Bruce Does this grill stow easily in the 230?
Does it cook ok in windy conditions?

@Bruce Does this grill stow easily in the 230?
Does it cook ok in windy conditions?

I bought ours in West Marine's 2013 Black Friday sale. It has held up well to two years of heavy usage. It remains 100% functional and still looks great. I have not had to replace any parts.

We bought the suprisingly large storage bag to go with it. Outside of the bag it will store in the rear under seat areas. We keep it in the bag in the head compartment. The bag has additional storage areas for two cans of propane, grill tools and a large outside pocket where I keep a cutting board and a fish / veggie tray.

I have occasionally needed to remove the grill surface and reach inside to light it in very high winds but I have always found that I could cook with it. This is a very rare.

It is a lower end Magma. The mounts are not as sturdy as those for the higher end grills. I have boated up to 20 mph in smooth water with the grill mounted while it was cooling off.

It does not have a thermometer or igniter. I keep a grill lighter and some backup waterproof matches in the grill bag. A thermometer would be interesting but I have little use for it with the types of food that I grill on the boat. You could add an igniter and thermometer if you wish.

The grill is an amazing accomplishment in using the minimum amount of metal to make a sturdy and reliable grill. This makes it light to carry. But it also means that the metal body heats up quickly. You will not want to touch any part of the grill other than the handles and latch while it is cooking and for some time afterward.

I wonder if anyone mounts one to their 192? I think maybe my eyes are bigger than the space I have for something like this...

I wonder if anyone mounts one to their 192? I think maybe my eyes are bigger than the space I have for something like this...

Mounting it would be fine. In one of my links above you can see how I mounted mine out of the way on the bow. There is a kit to mount it to the table base as well.

I am not sure where you would store it. The carrying case is padded and very large. I believe you would be able to store it easily without the case but I am not sure if a 192 has any openings large enough for the optional case.

@Bruce do you know which mount is need to just be used with the regular table pole that comes with Yamaha boats? I plan to just use that mounted to the rear swim deck for now and will see if I need to move it later to position more like your.

Back