• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Making DVSR Active with Engines On Only

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What is the voltage of a fully charged/tendered battery during storage? 12.5 volts sound right?
When measured at the battery directly: 12.7V fully charged, no load and no surface charge. On a tender it should be 13.2 to 13.8.

Last edited:

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the voltage of a fully charged/tendered battery during storage? 12.5 volts sound right?
Yes connext is little finnicky with this so you can get readings anywhere from 12.4-12.7 volts as being fully charged. Just need to take in account what it reads every time your battery is fully charged and use that point as the new number.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes I was asking about the voltage shown on the connext. Thank you.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello, I just bought a 2016 242 Limited S E Series and came across this while sorting out some charging issues. My thin black wire from the DVSR was attached to positive battery terminal and doing nothing. Anyone with an E Series boat have a pic of what they did?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes connext is little finnicky with this so you can get readings anywhere from 12.4-12.7 volts as being fully charged. Just need to take in account what it reads every time your battery is fully charged and use that point as the new number.
I think Yamaha fixed this with later models. Our 2020 reads correct battery voltages for both house and start when floating, verified with a digital multimeter (fully charged is 12.7v for flooded batteries). My on-board charger causes the DVSR to trip and connect both batteries and it correctly shows 14.4v for both when fully charged on both batteries and then the charger turns off and the batteries read correctly at 12.7v. I'd like to do the red wire mod so the batteries are separated so a dual-bank can do its job properly, but not while it's under warranty as I don't need Yamaha to say I messed up the system if there's an issue. When both are connected, the batteries will equalize voltage properly with twin batteries, so it's not a big issue for now. After the warranty is up, I'll be swapping to a deep cycle and I'll do the mod - seems easy enough.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello, I just bought a 2016 242 Limited S E Series and came across this while sorting out some charging issues. My thin black wire from the DVSR was attached to positive battery terminal and doing nothing. Anyone with an E Series boat have a pic of what they did?
The thin black wire should be on the negative terminal of either house or start battery (both batteries should be connected with a common negative battery cable). The dealer or previous owner probably just made a mistake when hooking up the batteries.

ABL8R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why wouldn't turning the Starter Battery switch to OFF also solve the dual bank charger problem? I understand wanting to keep the house battery on for the bilge...but the start shouldn't need to be on, and an onboard charger would be connected directly to the batteries. So with the start switch off, the DVSR wouldn't have a connection to the starter battery so it wouldn't mess up the onboard charger....??? Right? What am I missing?
i thought the same thing... why not connect the DVSR to the load side of both the switches... so when switched off, neither side has a voltage to the relay terminals.
And smart charger connected directly to batteries

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i thought the same thing... why not connect the DVSR to the load side of both the switches... so when switched off, neither side has a voltage to the relay terminals.
And smart charger connected directly to batteries
You could do that. On the cluster I have I would have had to change the bars that connect the terminals out for wires to make that work. There are tons of different ways to solve this problem, the easiest if you trust yourself to move a switch every time is just to put a switch on the black wire that goes to the negative on the batteries.

You would have to get in the way-back machine and go to the old site to see my requirements back in 2013 when I came up with this mod. I'll save you the trip though, I wet slip my boat and I'm also kind of an idiot. I can't count on myself to reliably move the switches every time so I needed something that would let me just worry about remembering to plug the thing in as I put the top back on.

ABL8R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazing customer service from Blue Sea. Emailed them the question and within 24hrs got this diagram back! In an email. Written by a person... unheard of, I know!

Attachments