• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Milwaukee compact inflator thoughts

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am interested in the same product but not sure if it has the balls to blow Big Mable.?

I bought this at the beginning of last summer and it works great on our three person towable:

I bought this at the beginning of last summer and it works great on our three person towable:

We have that smaller one and it does a good job. Looking to pick up this model below as its what a friend uses and it's got a little more flexibility and uses the same battery.

I'm running the Dewalt DCE100 mostly because I have other Dewalt tools and the bare tool price is less than $100. It's actually a blower but works very well and whats even better is the end nozzle attachments can be moved to the suction side to deflate just as quickly.

The Milwaukee and Dewalt definitely better quality, but I have so many Ryobi +1 batteries I went with the Ryobi.
Very compact..too

Attachments

• D2A6466B-6FA6-40A2-81BA-99ABAE38E8E5.jpeg
    D2A6466B-6FA6-40A2-81BA-99ABAE38E8E5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
I am likeing the Ryobi because you don't need to plug it in.

The Hypermax, Ryobi, Dewalt or Milwakee are all cordless so you don't need to plug them all in. Each takes their own branded battery. If you are in an eco system with your tools already, it may be best to go in that direction usually so you have spare batteries.

I saw the cord on the dewalt and ass-u-med it need to be plugged in. Then i read the descriptions and realized I was wrong. Thanks Lieutenant ?

Yeah I've seen those others. Looks good. I'm just deep into the Milwaukee world and don't want to deal with more batteries and chargers

The Hypermax, Ryobi, Dewalt or Milwakee are all cordless so you don't need to plug them all in. Each takes their own branded battery. If you are in an eco system with your tools already, it may be best to go in that direction usually so you have spare batteries.

This is what happened to me last year. Went to Home Depot to look at the Ryobi inflator and the end cap on the power tool aisle had a dual 18v+ combo pack that came with two batteries, the charger, and a bag for $99. Upon closer inspection, the combo pack also included a free power tool and the inflator was one of the ones you could pick. Was a no-brainer for me so I snapped it up. Bought a Ryobi orbital buffer later in the season to use on the boat and can now just expand my cordless power tool lineup due to having the battery situation already in hand.

Yeah I've seen those others. Looks good. I'm just deep into the Milwaukee world and don't want to deal with more batteries and chargers
I can't see the volume it pushes, this looks to be a nice high pressure/low volume pump, could be great to top a tube off but not to do the bulk of inflation as it may take forever.
Fully inflated tube is only about 5PSI, a high volume pump gets you almost there there, fast. I usually top of with a foot/hand pump.

--

Last edited:
The brand that everyone forgets...Ridgid...has both a high volume inflator for towables and a high pressure for tires etc.

I had a bunch of M12 tools but got tired of buying new batteries every couple years. So I bought into the Ridgid 18v system through Home Depot. Batteries only last two or three years as well but when one goes bad now I call an 800 number and a new one shows up at my door a week later at no cost.

There are adapters available on eBay or amazon that let you mix and match battery and tool brands. I’ve never tried them though.

I can't see the volume it pushes, this looks to be a nice high pressure/low volume pump, could be great to top a tube off but not to do the bulk of inflation as it may take forever.
Fully inflated tube is only about 5PSI, a large volume pump gets you almost there there, fast. I usually top of with a foot/hand pump.

--
I always use a hand/foot pump to top off as well.

We have the Ryobi handheld one - works great for regular inflatables, and battery lasts forever - I think I charged it once last season.

i picked up the Ridgid high pressure inflator. Didn’t realize it also came with a 12v cigarette adapter cord.

Spec wise it’s similar to the m12 version @tabbibus posted.

I tried it out on a small tube and timed how long it took (2m43s) Not sure I’d want to use it on a super mable every day but if you’re only filling the tube once a season and the occasional top off it’d probably be fine. Only downside is the lowest you can set the auto shutoff at is 4psi. This tube felt quite firm at 3psi.

32C54128-B996-4195-89F8-7F9F21A36470.jpeg5EE5DD22-3033-4E69-95E4-510DB0637584.jpeg368494CE-38DC-4D3A-99B7-B26FF9705172.jpeg

So I ended up getting these two. Milwaukee will inflate all my tires, from bikes to trailer. Ryobi will inflate all my toys. We have a pool this summer so lots of inflatable stuff between the boat and the pool. I'm loving these two things. So convenient. Goodbye big ass and loud air compressor (you go to the workshop now). Goodbye awkward airhead inflator with alligator clips!

Back