• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missing drain flanges on drink holders?

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Planning to install drain tubes on all of my drink holders and surprisingly the two up in the bow seating area each have a hole in the bottom but no drain flange. is that normal? Haven't checked the drink holders that are mid-ship but that throws a wrench into things. I guess I'll have to design and 3D print some flanges then glue them to the bottom.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just use tape or silicone and seal them up.

I would not run ties all the way to the bilge. If you want them to have drain tubes buy some of the tube vents that are used on the stern (they are white little vent things). See my post here with item number 27 https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-boat-trailer-questions.21842/post-372596

Many threads on this and yes it's normal.

image.png

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know the small white drains you’re referring to. I have them on my stern for the stern cup holders. why Wouldn’t you tube them together then to the bilge? Just curious.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Planning to install drain tubes on all of my drink holders and surprisingly the two up in the bow seating area each have a hole in the bottom but no drain flange. is that normal? Haven't checked the drink holders that are mid-ship but that throws a wrench into things. I guess I'll have to design and 3D print some flanges then glue them to the bottom.
I plugged the drains on my bow ones. The hoses were off and water got in my hull. Just towel the water out if it gets in

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know the small white drains you’re referring to. I have them on my stern for the stern cup holders. why Wouldn’t you tube them together then to the bilge? Just curious.
You could if you wanted to run all the tubing. Or you could buy a handful of the white drains and install those along the walkway so they dump into the cockpit floor which would run to the scupper or bilge. Either way would work so long as the tubes allowed for draining even if the boat was level.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you. My old lady will stop bitching now, 2 are missing and it drives her nuts.