• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mississippi Pool 4 outing

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I remember there being some interest in getting a bunch of us together for this on the other board. Just thought I would start a thread on it here as it is something I would like to do this summer. I have not yet taken my boat to the Mississippi, but have been there about a dozen times on other boats. I stayed closed to home last summer and used Lake Zumbro (affectionately called Lake Scumbro) exclusively except for a romp to several lakes in the Duluth, MN area during the 4th of July.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jetboater4life , to edit the thread title use the "Thread Tools" drop down at the top of the thread. It should work for threads you started.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A pool 4 outing sounds fun this summer. Count me in. I'll go anywhere in pool 4 or beyond,, I love the day trips to where ever. I have covered quite a few miles on the Mississipi and really enjoy the upstream side of Pepin and going up on the St Croix. Pepin is awesome but can get rough very easily in a little wind. It seems to me that the upstream side of Pepin has much calmer waters than the downstream side with much less boat traffic. When the water is high enough I spend alot of time in the backwaters, there are a few really great spots, Goose Lake one of my favorites. I tried Lake Scumbro out once. It was a fun day, but what I really like about the river is that you can beach pretty much anyplace that you want to, it is all public land. Come to the river, you won't regret it. I love that fact that I can go boating everyday and go someplace different everytime and never take the boat out of the water.

Tom

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Trm1765 Cool! sounds like you are an expert navigator of the area. I really hope we can get a group together and beach at a sandbar or place that is fun to hangout. It will likely have to be kid friendly as I've heard some wild stories about camp outs on the sandbars. I've camped at the Hok-Si-la Park and been to a few places like Slipperys and the Pickle Factory on other peoples boats.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think expert might be a bit heavy... I have learned a lot in the past couple years, mostly the hard way, lol.... We are normally very kid friendly.

Yochichi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be down for a gathering. Hard to think about it with 3 feet of snow in front of my boat though. I go anywhere from Red Wing to Bass Camp. I also like Kid Friendly gatherings. I also frequent Lake Zumbro.

MNdrifter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Count me in. My only problem is 4 soccer tournaments for my 13yo from May through mid July. We have a slip in Wabasha so we won't even have to take the boat out of the water.