• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now subscribed.. I didn't realize there was a WI thread about meetings going.. Ugh..

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So who’s heading to Lake Winnebago for the EAA air show tomorrow that starts at 2:30pm? Looks sunny in the morning and then 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon starting between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. :-/

I’m going to wait until morning to decide if I’m gonna go or just wait for Sunday which looks sunny.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So who’s heading to Lake Winnebago for the EAA air show tomorrow that starts at 2:30pm? Looks sunny in the morning and then 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon starting between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. :-/

I’m going to wait until morning to decide if I’m gonna go or just wait for Sunday which looks sunny.
We plan on being out there and are also keeping an eye on the weather. Supposed to be sunny all day down here...

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plans for us are to head over around 12:30-ish, as long as there's no train (and waiting for the bridge to open back up), we should be in the area by 2

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We’re going - looks like any rain will be later in the afternoon.

I was hoping to be out of the dock a little after 10 but the admiral wants to go to the Oshkosh farmers market and she’s running late. :-/

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like 50/50 chance of storms blowing through around 6, we'll be there, I'll try to look for any of you when my group decides where they want to anchor up.

I haven't gotten my replacement anchor yet, so I only have one, I'm kind of needing to stick between boats for this one

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We spent the day at the cove- Only saw a couple planes. Actually saw more Yamaha jet boats. Storm came through in the afternoon and before it hit everyone took off. We waited it out and it only rained lightly for about 15 mins and then the sun came back out. On our way back to the landing (around 6pm) a jet was ripping around in the sky.

Was a good day!

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We left shortly after @WiskyDan, our crew was not wanting to stick around after the rain started. We bar-hopped our way back home, just wrapped up our evening.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We left shortly after @WiskyDan, our crew was not wanting to stick around after the rain started. We bar-hopped our way back home, just wrapped up our evening.
Yes, I’m a big baby and hate being on the boat when it rains. :) By the time we got back to the dock and got the bow cover on, the sun was back out.

The air quality warning that was in effect due to the wildfires in Canada created a weird haze effect that made the air show less then optimal.

We spent the day at the cove- Only saw a couple planes. Actually saw more Yamaha jet boats. Storm came through in the afternoon and before it hit everyone took off. We waited it out and it only rained lightly for about 15 mins and then the sun came back out. On our way back to the landing (around 6pm) a jet way ripping around in the sky.

Was a good day!
We spent the morning at Steich’s and should have stayed there. I like air shows but I like floating around drinking beer even more. :)

I’m guessing the jet was the US Air Force F-16 Viper demo team:

I really wanted to see the F-16 but i couldn’t find a detailed schedule that showed times.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So who’s heading to the Sand Bar Bash this weekend??

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Saturday looks pretty decent from a weather standpoint so we’re on as well.

However, I don’t want to get stuck in a raft line - is rather be towards the edge of the gathering.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would live to join you but it's not in the cards for us this year. I'll definitely be watching this thread and hopefully heading north with the Yamaha in the future.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can't make it this weekend either, I probably won't be able to even use my boat until vacation 8/18 - 8/22 when we go to Sturgeon bay. Will anyone be up there during that time?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I can't make it this weekend either, I probably won't be able to even use my boat until vacation 8/18 - 8/22 when we go to Sturgeon bay. Will anyone be up there during that time?
Sorry to hear that, was hoping to meet the guy that started this thread!!! :)

I won't be pulling the boat except for maybe a trip to the river in downtown Milwaukee over Labor Day.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that, was hoping to meet the guy that started this thread!!! :)

I won't be pulling the boat except for maybe a trip to the river in downtown Milwaukee over Labor Day.
I’ve done the Milwaukee River area quite a few times over Labor Day weekend. I don’t think we’ll be able to make it up to the Bago chain this weekend though. Everyone is still exhausted from Shelbyville.865C700C-55EC-4590-8FE8-23E20152CF45.jpeg
This was Labor Day 2014.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve done the Milwaukee River area quite a few times over Labor Day weekend. I don’t think we’ll be able to make it up to the Bago chain this weekend though. Everyone is still exhausted from Shelbyville.View attachment 159119
This was Labor Day 2014.
Thanks for the info, that is a great photo! If we go, we’re going to stay inside the break wall around the Summerfest grounds and cruise the river.

The Shelbyville trip looks like a lot of fun I just hate trailering my boat. :-/

Last edited:

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thank you for the invite, wont be able to make it.