• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never take my camera off the boat. Something about drinks, phones, and being IN the water seems like a recipe for disaster for me. I always rely on the sneakiness of others to document the shenanigans that go on.

@906Tony you should have seen the pile of stuff @WiskyDan was pulling out of his cleanout ports after I was coming back after takedown on the barge! You got out unscathed (but with less experience than Dan has now!).

Tony also mentioned "Picture something-something" that I can't recall, but REALLY sounds cool as well, with people coming from around the world to see it, I'm betting it's even nicer with a group of fellow jetboaters!

We also are looking to do a boat gathering on the water to watch the flights at the EAA this year. Working on nailing down the exact date, but I know it's a Saturday, and I know there's at least 3 of my neighbors making the trip, and I think @WiskyDan is going to be in attendance, with it being so close to his boat storage.

Awesome to meet all of you guys (Andy, sorry your group couldn't make it this year, but it was great to see you there and your FSH as well - nice of you to make Dan question his sound upgrades! LOL).

For anyone else who was there but weren't a forum member (or haven't been around in a while, like "Liquid Assets" Jake), say hey, and look for us around the lake!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We will definitely attend at least one of the EAA air shows. Looks like options for both Saturday and Sunday and the prime viewing area is about 5 minutes from where I dock at.

Weather looks great for both days this weekend (mid 80's and low wind) so if anyone is going to be out let me know. We have lots of beer (@drewkaree several Amber's left over) and the Admiral wants it out of the fridge so I'll be loaded for bear. :)

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a great time this past Saturday and enjoyed meeting @Brad460 (even though he has a Moomba :)), @906Tony, and @dietz2403. There were four other Yami's in attendance and we made our way over to each one to chat. We were especially interested in a blue/black 255XD and spent about a half hour chatting with the owner - beautiful boat.

It was hard at times keeping up with drewkaree who is the unofficial mayor of 'Sandbarville' as he maneuvered from boat to boat but I managed. :) We talked with 906Tony about a possible meetup at Torch Lake in Michigan at some point and that would be something that I would go for - looks like an awesome place to boat.

We spent a good portion of the evening at the "Buss Stop" in Fremont with drewkaree's family (great people) and then camped out in his front yard.

I can't believe that I forgot to take pictures but maybe one of the other attendees did.
Wish we could have stuck around longer but the darn kids were getting antsy and wanted to tube. We ended up all the way at the cove on Winnebag to pick up another friend! Dont ask how much fuel we burned!

We do plan on being out for the Sandbar bash.

We also want to be on the lake for the EAA..let us all know the date to be put there..

Nice meeting you gents..

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Had a small gathering with some awesome JB.net peeps on Lake DuBay this past weekend. Got to see the new AR250 - what a monster!

7238F58C-F8FD-414B-9E68-60FCB49E81BC.jpeg

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I never take my camera off the boat. Something about drinks, phones, and being IN the water seems like a recipe for disaster for me. I always rely on the sneakiness of others to document the shenanigans that go on.

@906Tony you should have seen the pile of stuff @WiskyDan was pulling out of his cleanout ports after I was coming back after takedown on the barge! You got out unscathed (but with less experience than Dan has now!).

Tony also mentioned "Picture something-something" that I can't recall, but REALLY sounds cool as well, with people coming from around the world to see it, I'm betting it's even nicer with a group of fellow jetboaters!

We also are looking to do a boat gathering on the water to watch the flights at the EAA this year. Working on nailing down the exact date, but I know it's a Saturday, and I know there's at least 3 of my neighbors making the trip, and I think @WiskyDan is going to be in attendance, with it being so close to his boat storage.

Awesome to meet all of you guys (Andy, sorry your group couldn't make it this year, but it was great to see you there and your FSH as well - nice of you to make Dan question his sound upgrades! LOL).

For anyone else who was there but weren't a forum member (or haven't been around in a while, like "Liquid Assets" Jake), say hey, and look for us around the lake!
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I still have no boat (searay still in shop, 252 fsh set to ship this week). I definitely would love to see the eaa show.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am also terrible at taking pictures..but managed to get a few early on...

View attachment 156924
Thank you for the photos. :)

That’s 906Tony’s blue AR240 in the foreground - my tan bimini is visible just to the right of the American flag and part of my bow. One of my guests has his back to the camera with a blue camp hat on. We were in a raft line and drewkaree’s AR210 was right next to me.

We talked to the owners of the white SX210 that is off of 906Tony’s stern and another 21’ (212S?) with a red tower that is partially visible in the upper left corner of the photo - neither are forum members.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a some more pictures from the weekend. The two blue boats are my boat and @drewkaree’s boat at his place. 3AEF18CF-66DB-4BEE-AFF2-FB048FD5FBC8.jpeg
picture of dietz2403’s boat with @drewkaree and @WiskyDan standing by it.
0F8CCC83-BABD-450A-935D-109693E605B9.jpeg
Brad460’s black beauty.
94C139B7-B547-41DE-8634-4FC7CD8C3E42.jpeg
5796A3E1-7082-4732-A34A-72359A76B487.jpeg
24DA8385-5004-499C-92F1-273E62BA37F9.jpeg
Sorry @WiskyDan i didn’t get any pictures of you boat, but we had a lot of fun meeting all of you!

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I got very lucky, i don’t know how I ever escaped without being plugged with weeds.
That place we were discussing is called Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. You’ll have to look it up and let me know if its something you guys would be interested in doing. Would just have to plan around weather,but it’s usually calm up there mid to late summer.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for posting the photos!!

When we left @drewkarees dock Sunday morning I barely sucked up anything so maybe I ingested most of the weeds in his channel Saturday night. :)

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I still have no boat (searay still in shop, 252 fsh set to ship this week). I definitely would love to see the eaa show.
We may have room on our boat if you want to go. Not sure which day though - invites are out but only one reply so far.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
July 31st, EAA Airventure via water, maybe dinner afterwards somewhere in the area?

I've never been, via water, so no idea on particulars - I'll likely be following one of the neighbors over to wherever they're going to anchor. There are 4 boats, at this point, within my neighborhood group that sound like they're going, although it sounds like there will be 3 at this point - nobody wants to take a ride on a pontoon with a 50 horse for eleventy brazillion hours.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry we did not make it to meet the group. looks like it was a great time

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
July 31st, EAA Airventure via water, maybe dinner afterwards somewhere in the area?

I've never been, via water, so no idea on particulars - I'll likely be following one of the neighbors over to wherever they're going to anchor. There are 4 boats, at this point, within my neighborhood group that sound like they're going, although it sounds like there will be 3 at this point - nobody wants to take a ride on a pontoon with a 50 horse for eleventy brazillion hours.
We plan on being out on Sat for EAA..I am guessing we will anchor at the cove on Winnebago.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No idea what time my group is headed over there, or what the plan was. Things were... "well lubricated"... this past weekend, and making plans was pushed off until some time this week.

We should have our plans for Saturday nailed down by Sunday 😂

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We will pull out of the dock at around 10 and maybe hit Streich’s for a bit. We have to pick up some friends at the dock at 2:00pm and will then head back to watch - show starts at 2:30.

Anyone have experience where it’s best to watch from? The wind will be out of the west around 11mph (if my apps are correct) so it would appear to be calmest on the west shore.