• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe we are in for July 10th. I’ll have to recheck with the wife as the last time we spoke we had been on the boat for 8 hours and she had pretty much emptied the cooler. I’m sure we will just day trip it.
Awesome, hope you can make it. :)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Edit: NM on the hotel, rooms are still available.

Side question - will anyone coming have kids with them? Or is this strictly adults-only.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Side question - will anyone coming have kids with them? Or is this strictly adults-only.
I don’t have kids but I don’t see any issues with this being a PG13 gathering.

As for the general family make-up of the gathering I wasn’t at it last year so would defer to @drewkaree

I’m a bit north of 50 and I’m guessing that drewkaree is in the same age range so I don’t think there will be any debauchery going on in either of our boats. :)

I say bring’em if you got’em.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don’t have kids but I don’t see any issues with this being a PG13 gathering.

I’m a bit north of 50 and I’m guessing that @drewkaree is in the same age range so I don’t think there will be any debauchery going on in either of our boats. :)

I say bring’em if you got’em.
She just turned 7, so it's not so much a matter of influence, but would there be others kids for her to play with. Being an only child can be tough... :D

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I will be bringing my kids, 12yr old girl and two boys ages 8 and 1. My daughter gets along well with younger kids

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She just turned 7, so it's not so much a matter of influence, but would there be others kids for her to play with. Being an only child can be tough... :D
For July 10th, I would say there's likely to be at least a few of my neighbors with their kids, 7-ish seems to be in that wheelhouse as well. Can't verify for certain, but the folks with kids went to this one last year, and it's being put on by another of the neighbors, so it's likely they'll be there. If it's attended as well as last year, kids will be in abundance.

As for the Sandbar Bash in August, that one is likely to be a more adult crowd, but if we're hanging out on the outskirts, we should still be able to hear the music and make it as kid-friendly as we want it to be. Mt Olive is supposed to be the band playing, and I know they tour the state, so there's a chance you may have had the opportunity to see them before, so if you're coming to see the band, you can always move in closer, or off to the side, or whatever.

I haven't had a chance to check out the area they're moving the Sandbar Bash to, but I will be doing so in the next few weekends. @WiskyDan has some more experience in the general area, but the exact spot the event was moved to is NOT the typical area for hanging out - that seems likely to change if this year's event is a success, as the weed bed can get crowded - in a good way. I met up with Dan this past Saturday, but I had a family reunion to get back to, and didn't have a chance to scope it out.

Just a hunch, the launches on that side of the lake will be swamped for the Sandbar Bash in August. For July 10th, any of the launches on Poygan will be fine. I talked to my neighbor, and he has no issues with letting me park anyone who's coming either by me, his house, his rental unit, or his woodlot a block down the road. Anyone NOT responding to us in this thread or via PM, I can guarantee you won't find easy parking by our launch unless you know another local in the area - the neighborhood seems to be booking up fast with visitors, friends & relatives coming for the event.

For anyone who wants to, afterwards you can pull your boats, or anchor off shore right in front of my place (it's waist deep at most), and we can gather/meet up again and have a fire or join with the rest of the neighborhood - just make sure to bring your own seating and drinks.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For July 10th, I would say there's likely to be at least a few of my neighbors with their kids, 7-ish seems to be in that wheelhouse as well. Can't verify for certain, but the folks with kids went to this one last year, and it's being put on by another of the neighbors, so it's likely they'll be there. If it's attended as well as last year, kids will be in abundance.

As for the Sandbar Bash in August, that one is likely to be a more adult crowd, but if we're hanging out on the outskirts, we should still be able to hear the music and make it as kid-friendly as we want it to be. Mt Olive is supposed to be the band playing, and I know they tour the state, so there's a chance you may have had the opportunity to see them before, so if you're coming to see the band, you can always move in closer, or off to the side, or whatever.

I haven't had a chance to check out the area they're moving the Sandbar Bash to, but I will be doing so in the next few weekends. @WiskyDan has some more experience in the general area, but the exact spot the event was moved to is NOT the typical area for hanging out - that seems likely to change if this year's event is a success, as the weed bed can get crowded - in a good way. I met up with Dan this past Saturday, but I had a family reunion to get back to, and didn't have a chance to scope it out.

Just a hunch, the launches on that side of the lake will be swamped for the Sandbar Bash in August. For July 10th, any of the launches on Poygan will be fine. I talked to my neighbor, and he has no issues with letting me park anyone who's coming either by me, his house, his rental unit, or his woodlot a block down the road. Anyone NOT responding to us in this thread or via PM, I can guarantee you won't find easy parking by our launch unless you know another local in the area - the neighborhood seems to be booking up fast with visitors, friends & relatives coming for the event.

For anyone who wants to, afterwards you can pull your boats, or anchor off shore right in front of my place (it's waist deep at most), and we can gather/meet up again and have a fire or join with the rest of the neighborhood - just make sure to bring your own seating and drinks.
Awesome - thank you! I know the August event is an adult thing. I hate bringing my daughter out and then her having to sit with the adults or play by herself, breaks my heart into pieces.

RE launching - for 7/10, we were thinking of putting in at Freemont, boat down, stay at the hotel Saturday night on the water, then boat back in the morning. Or should we trailer into Oshkosh and put in by the Best Western?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
RE launching - for 7/10, we were thinking of putting in at Freemont, boat down, stay at the hotel Saturday night on the water, then boat back in the morning. Or should we trailer into Oshkosh and put in by the Best Western?
No need to put in by Oshkosh, that'd be an hour+ of high-use boat fuel. Saturday down the river from Fremont is about the same amount of time by water, but 2/3's of it is at slow/no wake speeds, and you should do that to allow yourself the ability to plot your course back up river if you end up being out after dark. The river is a nice night ride, but an electronic guide back is a smart idea.

There are multiple places to launch up and down the river, and fees are maybe $5 or so. If you're staying at the hotel, you're smack in the middle of two places to launch from. I'd take the slow ride down river. PM me before you go, and depending on the time, I can meet you and guide you back, or shoot you a map of the area you're staying at and where/what to do prior to your coming down the river

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No need to put in by Oshkosh, that'd be an hour+ of high-use boat fuel. Saturday down the river from Fremont is about the same amount of time by water, but 2/3's of it is at slow/no wake speeds, and you should do that to allow yourself the ability to plot your course back up river if you end up being out after dark. The river is a nice night ride, but an electronic guide back is a smart idea.

There are multiple places to launch up and down the river, and fees are maybe $5 or so. If you're staying at the hotel, you're smack in the middle of two places to launch from. I'd take the slow ride down river. PM me before you go, and depending on the time, I can meet you and guide you back, or shoot you a map of the area you're staying at and where/what to do prior to your coming down the river
Oh that's right, weekend no-wake zones on the Wolf! #$%^@#^#%&#&

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh that's right, weekend no-wake zones on the Wolf! #$%^@#^#%&#&
If you put in by Hahn's, it's far less no-wake, prolly hit the lake in 15-20 minutes. I think they'd have a spot to keep your trailer too, but if you're going to put in there, then you might as well just drive another 5-ish minutes and drop in and park by me for guaranteed parking. I charge for valet parking though. 😁

Olsonn20

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dammit we can't make either, we will be on Castle Rock lake July 10th and will be coming home from Eagle River on August 7th after a week long camping trip.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Dammit we can't make either, we will be on Castle Rock lake July 10th and will be coming home from Eagle River on August 7th after a week long camping trip.
Sounds like fun, maybe next time. :)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you put in by Hahn's, it's far less no-wake, prolly hit the lake in 15-20 minutes. I think they'd have a spot to keep your trailer too, but if you're going to put in there, then you might as well just drive another 5-ish minutes and drop in and park by me for guaranteed parking. I charge for valet parking though. 😁
Not a bad idea, then we can float right next to the barge party, run up and down the lakes if we want too. What's a close place to stay to your joint?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a bad idea, then we can float right next to the barge party, run up and down the lakes if we want too. What's a close place to stay to your joint?
Hahn's is the closest, Chico's is right next to them, then Gala Resort where @906Tony is already, then anything else in Fremont (Hotel Fremont, Blue Top Resort)

10 minutes at the furthest if trailering over to my launch

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hit Dan up, but I figured I'd throw it out there - does anyone coming for July 10th have a 110 outlet on their boat for a margarita machine?

Thus far, we have a neighbor who is going to be doing walking tacos who doesn't know you guys are coming, other than that I told her I'd have several of you trying up with us. I may try to swing using her electric, if they're doing a crock pot. My Coolest Cooler will be my fallback, but I have never used the blender yet.

This neighbor has confirmed children in attendance, 6 and younger, for those who asked about kids earlier.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the Sandbar Bash August 7th, the area that I believe it's going to be at is chest deep at 500 yards off shore, 2' deep around the weed beds surrounding the area, and I have no idea what the bottom is like. Looking at the surrounding area, I think it's gonna be a sandy bottom.

Hopefully some more recon next weekend

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hit Dan up, but I figured I'd throw it out there - does anyone coming for July 10th have a 110 outlet on their boat for a margarita machine?

Thus far, we have a neighbor who is going to be doing walking tacos who doesn't know you guys are coming, other than that I told her I'd have several of you trying up with us. I may try to swing using her electric, if they're doing a crock pot. My Coolest Cooler will be my fallback, but I have never used the blender yet.

This neighbor has confirmed children in attendance, 6 and younger, for those who asked about kids earlier.
I have a small inverter (350 watt) or else my Honda 2000 suitcase generator I could easily store in my ski locker if needed. Just let me know if you think we’ll still need it. Is there any certain food we should bring for Saturday? Gotta get my shopping list done.