• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So that’s how you Fremont 1%’s live........ :)
As a joke, I tell the folks that own it that they really need to put railroad tracks at the end of their place so people would know that they're about to enter the slums where us common folk live 🤣

thanks for the link. Really a great looking place.
That’s the owner's brother's place, you should see the owner's place!

The bad part is, they're really driving up the taxes on my shack. The good news is, I have a nice buildable lot that's climbing in value, to sell as a retirement plan.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FYI I boat from Winnebago to Partridge all summer and there is a new law on that chain requiring kill switch lanyards on. If I find the email I'll post it, I believe I received it from WI DNR.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, the new law was on the front page of the online version of the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel and I think there was a thread about it here somewhere.

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interested. Mississippi River, Lake Wisconsin, Green Lake, Castle Rock? Lake Wisconsin as well as the Mississippi River allows you to camp on a sand bar, or sleep on your boat (however still have a camp fire on the sand bar). I think Lake Winnebago was ruined for me the one weekend I was there and it was crazy windy! I guess some input from locals up in the area would be helpful. As Scott said if someone has a great idea speak up!
I'd be down for Green Lake, been going there since I was a kid. Nice sandbar in Norwegian Bay, plenty of places to eat, and just a beautiful lake.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am free the end of June and beginning of July. I think we should set a date but we should have done options for people to stay and I can’t find much that gives people the option to leave their boats in the water over night.
There is a Best Western on the Fox River that’s in between Lake Winnebago and Lake Butte des Morts.

The hotel has docks (arrow) and there are public docks a little farther west (circle). Not sure if these are overnight docks or not.

52CF5E1F-BC1C-4EAA-9F50-325E5D466B92.jpeg

Jason Kloehn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in for whatever. First weekend in August is the Sand Bar Bash on Lake Butte Des Mortes that I will be going to. Also heading to Mississippi first weekend in June in Alma WI.

pfvictor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is. For the most part, all of Poygan is a relatively sandy bottom. The area I believe you're talking about is the pink circle. It won't show up very well on satellite pics, but that's gonna be the area. My place is the heart on the north shore, so you can see, not that far away.

View attachment 144252

For @RiverRat here's a nice ride I referred to earlier. Again, my place is the heart, Partridge Lake is the yellow circle, and the pink circle is Partridge Crop Lake, and the farthest I've been via the river. Had to stop at Guth's, right where the pink circle is. The entire trip, from my place to the pink circle via water, would be about a 3 hour trip on a weekend, and about 1.5-2 hours during the week. Only real SANDBAR stopping point is a place called Nipple Beach, enough room to hold maybe 4-5 boats, but nothing as nice as the sandbar in your pics above. Partridge has an actual beach, and tie-ups are right there too. If the kids are into seeing interesting stuff (and you're into asking), Guth's, Weiland's & Gill's Landing are cool places to stop for lunch. If it's the adults, add Red Banks or Pine Grove for a drink or three. Any bar along the river is a hoot to stop at, really. The river is always moving at a reasonable rate, but earlier in the year, it's REALLY moving, so bring some good fenders and 2 anchors.

View attachment 144253
Hey Drew, new to these boards, but a AR190 owner in Oshkosh for 6 seasons. We have been sticking to Winnebago every year with a little bit of BDM depending on wind conditions. I have been eyeing Lake Poygan lately as a boating lake and possibly move to. I have never boated Poygan and Winnebago folks say the lake is mostly shallow muck, but I read your posts which sound really lovely. As we are leisure boaters and our kids are into tubing and boarding, is Poygan tricky to navigate because of shallower waters? Also, you note Captains Cove in a few posts. Is that shoreline down there sandy and generally navigable to a Poygan wewbie? I'd love to hear more. Thank you for all your posts. I'm warming up to Poygan. -Peter

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Drew, new to these boards, but a AR190 owner in Oshkosh for 6 seasons. We have been sticking to Winnebago every year with a little bit of BDM depending on wind conditions. I have been eyeing Lake Poygan lately as a boating lake and possibly move to. I have never boated Poygan and Winnebago folks say the lake is mostly shallow muck, but I read your posts which sound really lovely. As we are leisure boaters and our kids are into tubing and boarding, is Poygan tricky to navigate because of shallower waters? Also, you note Captains Cove in a few posts. Is that shoreline down there sandy and generally navigable to a Poygan wewbie? I'd love to hear more. Thank you for all your posts. I'm warming up to Poygan. -Peter
So...I'm partial to this lake. My family has owned land in this area as long as I've been alive, and possibly back to the 40's. I am aware that I am biased, but I also live what I relate to others, so you can either take it for what I experience, or take it with a jaundiced eye of a biased local. I think I try to paint a fair picture, but I also want to be an ambassador to the area, because I DO find it to be a special place to me.

The average depth of the lake is 8'. This means there's going to be LOTS of areas that are less, but as long as your depth finder is working well you shouldn't be getting yourself in trouble. Absolute worst case for you is to take your emergency oar (you DO have one of those, right? No matter where you are, it may save you, go get one) and stick it as far down as you can off the swim deck. If you hit bottom, you're getting close. This is ONLY if your depth finder is something you don't trust. Even still, as long as you're 100 yards off shore, you SHOULD be in safe waters for our boat. It's what I PERSONALLY will trust with my boat, and once you get to know the area (and your boat), you'll go even closer for some things. I will, but I'd NEVER tell you to, as I'm simply more familiar with it. If the stars align, and you'd like a guide around the lake, I'm more than willing to meet up so you can see the area. If you're a jerk, I'd toss you overboard in waist deep water LOL

I have only experienced Winnebago via fishing excursions with my FIL, and I'm aware of how quickly it can turn. That is a lot larger and more complex body of water than people give it credit for, and if you're familiar with that, and comfortable with your boat on that, Poygan is a walk in the park comparitively. Is it shallow? Most definitely. Can you boat it? Same answer, most definitely. I've got a 21', and there are at least 2 24' boats that I've seen multiple times in the area. I've seen 3 other 21' boats consistently in the area, and 2 19' SX's around Norwegian Bay. I'm not saying this to convince you, I'm simply pointing out that others either feel the same way as I do, or they're comfortable with their boats in the area.

The only trick to navigating Poygan is to avoid the weed beds, and to stay far enough off shore until you've explored enough to feel comfortable going shallower than your depth alarm might be set to. I have mine set to 2', and if you've seen pics of my property, just after passing through the mouth of the creek I'm on, headed out to the lake, it's A-L-W-A-Y-S going to trip the alarm about 20 yards past the mouth, especially after a rain, because that's where things build up. For comparison and some comfort in your mind, I have a neighbor on the same creek who's got a 30+ foot Fountain that takes that same route, and a 32' cuddy cabin that does likewise. The lake is as safe as I can imagine, and if you're using Navionics, the only issue on the north shore is the rock pile clearly marked (depending on your settings) that are in front of the neighbor's pier (10 houses down the shoreline) about 40-50 yards offshore. They've been there since I was a kid, and really aren't an issue for our boats. Once you head over to Boom Bay, well, there's areas to watch out for, but they're currently doing some shoreline restoration at the mouth of the river and along the lake's shoreline there. Look for 3 islands along the lake side of The Cut, and if you only see one island, stay WELL offshore from that island. Your depth finder will be your greatest friend when following the shoreline of Poygan, and once you're comfortable with your surroundings, your depth finder will be the biggest pain in your ass.

Muck? Depends on where you go. In front of my place, you can easily walk out 100 yards on a sandy bottom. In my creek? You can sink up to your hips in loon shit. Take a look at the surrounding area. If there's lots of trees, yes, you'll have "muck". It's old decomposed leaf litter, duck/goose shit, or whatnot. All of Poygan used to be a wild rice paddy many years ago, well before even I was alive, so the bottom will be conducive to plant life, but muck is going to be specific to areas where the local landscape fosters it. If you can't find a sandy bottom, move around the lake, you'll find something to your liking. It's the same on 'bago, they just have a bigger body of water and WAY more wave action to move stuff around. They have mucky areas too, but nobody hangs out in those areas. Same as with Poygan. Unless you're in a bay or creek, the "muck" you'll encounter isn't the problem it's painted to be, and moving a few dozen yards in another direction can, and often does, find you perfectly fine bottom. It's a silt-filled lake, partly because of the depth, and partly because of the bottom. Think about it, you don't get silt from "muck", because the muck will clump together on the bottom. You WILL get silt from the current and winds moving the water about, stirring up the bottom. Hard to move muck, not so hard to move sand and fine bottom debris. Come visit, I'll show you places the kids will like, even the "mucky" parts will be more than enjoyable.

Covid seems to have beaten up Captain's Cove. I've met one of the new bartenders for that bar, while at another bar in Fremont. It seems to be that the older folks are either retiring or not working as much. I have no idea if that's due to Covid and business slowing down, or if age and retirement are looming. Captain's Cove is on the SOUTH shore, which is going to be the less enjoyable side of the lake, IMO. I still make the trip (it's 4 miles across), and there's still bays and hot spots on the south side to drop an anchor, but the prevailing winds are from the south, and that side seems to be a bit choppier than my side - maybe the winds have died down or lessened in strength after crossing the lake?. Once I have my boat projects finished and out on the water, we'll be checking out how the lake looks for this season. Guaranteed if the "old lady bartender" is there, my grandkids loved the "balloon pop game". They're 5, grandpa likes the "balloon pop game for drinks" version of that same game! LOL

As for looking for a possible move, look for Alder Creek off the north shore. As you're looking to the north, anything EAST of Alder creek is already owned/sold. If you found something available, you'd be my neighbor. It's a nice secluded neighborhood, and there's no way you'd be allowed to be standoffish unless you chose not to inject yourself into the neighborhood. There's a few, but not many. Problem is, that's why there's very few places available 😁 I can tell you this, if something DOES come up in my neighborhood on the lake side, $400k is likely the starting point. The last house that sold was 4 houses away, modular home right on the lake, 62' of water frontage, for $325k. We have realtor friends in the neighborhood, who were the buyer's agents, and we were just talking about it a few hours ago - that house could easily sell for another $50k or even higher now. Anything WEST of Alder Creek, we call "Millionaire's Row". Business owners in the area are buying houses to tear down and build their own Taj Mahal. They're assessed $1400/foot higher than on my side of the creek, and prices are going up in the immediate neighborhood. On the north shore, the best bet is something in Tustin (5-10 minutes down the shore from me). Beyond that, or anything on the south shore, I really don't have a good feel for the property, but if you're looking for something, my realtor neighbors are awesome folks who not only have a second place down the street from us, but they live in Neenah and have several properties and opportunities in the area. They're the second-newest folks to the neighborhood, but they fit in like they've been lifelong neighbors, as well as living in the house of one of the kids I played with as a youngster. If you're looking for something, I wouldn't hesitate to help you get in touch with them. If you chose not to deal with them, no skin off my nose. That's called business, and life. Deal with who you feel comfortable with, and make sure you are getting your money's worth from them, as much as they'll get in commissions from you.

At the absolute least, stop on by my place, let me know you're coming and the neighbor will let you tie up at his pier while I give you the lay of the land, and you can either go explore yourself, or I can take you around the lake and show you just how close you can go, and what the area's like. Really, up the river is where it's at for food and drinks, as well as a change of scenery for the kids and a different area to drop anchor and have fun for the day, but out on the lake is also a nice fun, easy day for mom and dad as well, and food and drink is available close by on the lake as well. As long as you're aware that you're not in Milwaukee or Madison anymore, and accept the "changes in lattitude", the experience can be as fun, kitschy, and memorable as you want to make it. It suits MY character perfectly, but I lack a certain pride or shame gene, I've been told 🤣 If you really want my experience, you can use the same launch as I do, and park on my grass. If I pee on your trailer tires, that's on you for blocking my wife's view. A man's gotta mark his property and let his lady know he's watching out for her!

Hopefully, I'll be done with boat projects this weekend, and things can set up or cure or solidify until I come back in 2 weeks, and I'll be able to finally drop my own boat into the water and play around myself!

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m no expert like the esteemed Drew but the “Weed bed” sandbar area located in the south central part of Poygan/Winneconne is our favorite place to float. Water is pretty clear and bottom is as sandy as it gets.

My depth gauge does squawk quite a bit on Poygan (areas of BDM as well) but as long as you‘re not reckless with your speed you should be able to stay out of trouble. We’re going to venture up to Norwegian Bay this season which is closer to Drew’s place as it sounds like a great floating spot as well.

pfvictor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So...I'm partial to this lake. My family has owned land in this area as long as I've been alive, and possibly back to the 40's. I am aware that I am biased, but I also live what I relate to others, so you can either take it for what I experience, or take it with a jaundiced eye of a biased local. I think I try to paint a fair picture, but I also want to be an ambassador to the area, because I DO find it to be a special place to me.

The average depth of the lake is 8'. This means there's going to be LOTS of areas that are less, but as long as your depth finder is working well you shouldn't be getting yourself in trouble. Absolute worst case for you is to take your emergency oar (you DO have one of those, right? No matter where you are, it may save you, go get one) and stick it as far down as you can off the swim deck. If you hit bottom, you're getting close. This is ONLY if your depth finder is something you don't trust. Even still, as long as you're 100 yards off shore, you SHOULD be in safe waters for our boat. It's what I PERSONALLY will trust with my boat, and once you get to know the area (and your boat), you'll go even closer for some things. I will, but I'd NEVER tell you to, as I'm simply more familiar with it. If the stars align, and you'd like a guide around the lake, I'm more than willing to meet up so you can see the area. If you're a jerk, I'd toss you overboard in waist deep water LOL

I have only experienced Winnebago via fishing excursions with my FIL, and I'm aware of how quickly it can turn. That is a lot larger and more complex body of water than people give it credit for, and if you're familiar with that, and comfortable with your boat on that, Poygan is a walk in the park comparitively. Is it shallow? Most definitely. Can you boat it? Same answer, most definitely. I've got a 21', and there are at least 2 24' boats that I've seen multiple times in the area. I've seen 3 other 21' boats consistently in the area, and 2 19' SX's around Norwegian Bay. I'm not saying this to convince you, I'm simply pointing out that others either feel the same way as I do, or they're comfortable with their boats in the area.

The only trick to navigating Poygan is to avoid the weed beds, and to stay far enough off shore until you've explored enough to feel comfortable going shallower than your depth alarm might be set to. I have mine set to 2', and if you've seen pics of my property, just after passing through the mouth of the creek I'm on, headed out to the lake, it's A-L-W-A-Y-S going to trip the alarm about 20 yards past the mouth, especially after a rain, because that's where things build up. For comparison and some comfort in your mind, I have a neighbor on the same creek who's got a 30+ foot Fountain that takes that same route, and a 32' cuddy cabin that does likewise. The lake is as safe as I can imagine, and if you're using Navionics, the only issue on the north shore is the rock pile clearly marked (depending on your settings) that are in front of the neighbor's pier (10 houses down the shoreline) about 40-50 yards offshore. They've been there since I was a kid, and really aren't an issue for our boats. Once you head over to Boom Bay, well, there's areas to watch out for, but they're currently doing some shoreline restoration at the mouth of the river and along the lake's shoreline there. Look for 3 islands along the lake side of The Cut, and if you only see one island, stay WELL offshore from that island. Your depth finder will be your greatest friend when following the shoreline of Poygan, and once you're comfortable with your surroundings, your depth finder will be the biggest pain in your ass.

Muck? Depends on where you go. In front of my place, you can easily walk out 100 yards on a sandy bottom. In my creek? You can sink up to your hips in loon shit. Take a look at the surrounding area. If there's lots of trees, yes, you'll have "muck". It's old decomposed leaf litter, duck/goose shit, or whatnot. All of Poygan used to be a wild rice paddy many years ago, well before even I was alive, so the bottom will be conducive to plant life, but muck is going to be specific to areas where the local landscape fosters it. If you can't find a sandy bottom, move around the lake, you'll find something to your liking. It's the same on 'bago, they just have a bigger body of water and WAY more wave action to move stuff around. They have mucky areas too, but nobody hangs out in those areas. Same as with Poygan. Unless you're in a bay or creek, the "muck" you'll encounter isn't the problem it's painted to be, and moving a few dozen yards in another direction can, and often does, find you perfectly fine bottom. It's a silt-filled lake, partly because of the depth, and partly because of the bottom. Think about it, you don't get silt from "muck", because the muck will clump together on the bottom. You WILL get silt from the current and winds moving the water about, stirring up the bottom. Hard to move muck, not so hard to move sand and fine bottom debris. Come visit, I'll show you places the kids will like, even the "mucky" parts will be more than enjoyable.

Covid seems to have beaten up Captain's Cove. I've met one of the new bartenders for that bar, while at another bar in Fremont. It seems to be that the older folks are either retiring or not working as much. I have no idea if that's due to Covid and business slowing down, or if age and retirement are looming. Captain's Cove is on the SOUTH shore, which is going to be the less enjoyable side of the lake, IMO. I still make the trip (it's 4 miles across), and there's still bays and hot spots on the south side to drop an anchor, but the prevailing winds are from the south, and that side seems to be a bit choppier than my side - maybe the winds have died down or lessened in strength after crossing the lake?. Once I have my boat projects finished and out on the water, we'll be checking out how the lake looks for this season. Guaranteed if the "old lady bartender" is there, my grandkids loved the "balloon pop game". They're 5, grandpa likes the "balloon pop game for drinks" version of that same game! LOL

As for looking for a possible move, look for Alder Creek off the north shore. As you're looking to the north, anything EAST of Alder creek is already owned/sold. If you found something available, you'd be my neighbor. It's a nice secluded neighborhood, and there's no way you'd be allowed to be standoffish unless you chose not to inject yourself into the neighborhood. There's a few, but not many. Problem is, that's why there's very few places available 😁 I can tell you this, if something DOES come up in my neighborhood on the lake side, $400k is likely the starting point. The last house that sold was 4 houses away, modular home right on the lake, 62' of water frontage, for $325k. We have realtor friends in the neighborhood, who were the buyer's agents, and we were just talking about it a few hours ago - that house could easily sell for another $50k or even higher now. Anything WEST of Alder Creek, we call "Millionaire's Row". Business owners in the area are buying houses to tear down and build their own Taj Mahal. They're assessed $1400/foot higher than on my side of the creek, and prices are going up in the immediate neighborhood. On the north shore, the best bet is something in Tustin (5-10 minutes down the shore from me). Beyond that, or anything on the south shore, I really don't have a good feel for the property, but if you're looking for something, my realtor neighbors are awesome folks who not only have a second place down the street from us, but they live in Neenah and have several properties and opportunities in the area. They're the second-newest folks to the neighborhood, but they fit in like they've been lifelong neighbors, as well as living in the house of one of the kids I played with as a youngster. If you're looking for something, I wouldn't hesitate to help you get in touch with them. If you chose not to deal with them, no skin off my nose. That's called business, and life. Deal with who you feel comfortable with, and make sure you are getting your money's worth from them, as much as they'll get in commissions from you.

At the absolute least, stop on by my place, let me know you're coming and the neighbor will let you tie up at his pier while I give you the lay of the land, and you can either go explore yourself, or I can take you around the lake and show you just how close you can go, and what the area's like. Really, up the river is where it's at for food and drinks, as well as a change of scenery for the kids and a different area to drop anchor and have fun for the day, but out on the lake is also a nice fun, easy day for mom and dad as well, and food and drink is available close by on the lake as well. As long as you're aware that you're not in Milwaukee or Madison anymore, and accept the "changes in lattitude", the experience can be as fun, kitschy, and memorable as you want to make it. It suits MY character perfectly, but I lack a certain pride or shame gene, I've been told 🤣 If you really want my experience, you can use the same launch as I do, and park on my grass. If I pee on your trailer tires, that's on you for blocking my wife's view. A man's gotta mark his property and let his lady know he's watching out for her!

Hopefully, I'll be done with boat projects this weekend, and things can set up or cure or solidify until I come back in 2 weeks, and I'll be able to finally drop my own boat into the water and play around myself!
Drew, Dan, thank you both for your insights into Poygan. Sounds like an excellent lake. For me, having grown up around Winnebago my whole life, I have grown to love that lake. However, Winnebago can be a pretty wicked lake when the wind is right. I find myself every weekend scanning the weather patterns to determine where to boat to, only to find 1/3 of the time I'm wrong about my estimates. Our family is totally accustomed to this, however it gets tricky to invite friends along because that 1/3 of the time we wind up fighting surf. I still love it, but I have been looking further.

Plenty of experience with the emergency paddle!

Drew, you hit it right on the mark about the home buying. It's crazy lately and I have been poking around looking for a slice of waterfront for years. I always pass on considering BDM and Winneconne homes but Poygan looks like an amazing area. (However, my Winnebago boater friends tell me not to bother.) I'll keep my mouth shut outside of this board, but I am warming up fast to Poygan. Currently there are a few lots on the south shore near Captain's Cove as well as a few homes east of Noffke's. The south shore interests me because we live in Oshkosh and work in Oshkosh/FdL area so the south shore cuts off another 20-30 minutes driving for us at this point. North shore sounds lovely, however the property snatchup is a common story everywhere. (We are not the McMansion TajMahal crowd and careful because I pee on more than tires sometime.)

Looking forward to connecting sometime. I may take Drew up on connecting me with his contacts in the area over homes.
Thank you.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Noffke's is a straight shot directly across the lake from me, and a neighbor two houses down had a grandpa who had a place around there. Those neighbors live in Kimberly, and while he wished for something in that same area, nothing was available at the time, and he says he's glad it worked out that way lol

My neighbor across the street was a captain on the Oshkosh fire department, so he's familiar with the drive. There were days that the commute was faster by boat, but Fondy would have been a bit too much.

We had a family friend who was talking of selling a place on the river last year over in Omro, but based on my FIL's assessment, I wouldn't recommend it even if it's still for sale unless you are looking for a project house or something that needs a little work, for less money. they are only selling because they are in their 80s, or close to it, and have a home in Eagle River, and a home down in Milwaukee and it's getting to be too much upkeep for all three places at their age

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, and Troy from Winnebagoland has been through here with I think a 212X or a 242X, so anyone who's dealt with him can attest that if he's willing to take his boat, that's another pretty good sign.

The realtor neighbor is also friends with Troy, that's how I ended up finally meeting him for an extended period of time.

If you need SeaDek, Fort Fremont up the river is an authorized dealer and installer... I got it all in my backyard pond!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
SandBar Bash has been moved to @drewkaree ’s backyard.......

442B16E2-31A6-443C-8415-74BE295702BB.jpeg

566F464B-3BC8-446A-B8DC-B4A647A744F5.jpeg

I think that we should plan on this being the Wisconsin meetup unless there are any objections. This may limit the meetup to a single day event but my previous post does mention an on-water hotel and there are several other non-waterfront hotels in the Fon du Lac, Oshkosh, Neenah, Menasha areas that should have plenty of space.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

View attachment 149410

View attachment 149411

I think that we should plan on this being the Wisconsin meetup unless there are any objections. This may limit the meetup to a single day event but my previous post does mention an on-water hotel and there are several other non-waterfront hotels in the Fon du Lac, Oshkosh, Neenah, Menasha areas that should have plenty of space.

Thoughts?
Is this the big meet up date or another date? I would prefer another date so it’s not so crazy trying to get on the water. A one day event sounds great.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 149410

View attachment 149411

Thoughts?
I just heard about that last night, I thought it was the south side, but that's some good confirmation.

@SCP1 My launch will be easy to get in and out of, and I will guarantee you an easy parking spot right in my driveway if that'll help. I can talk to the neighbor about parking for trailers and whatnot, so if anyone is considering this, I can help accomodate folks from the forum. I won't post anything publicly, so as to turn my area into a shit show, but suffice it to say, if you can't get on by me, I can direct you to other launches in the area that are just as close. Mine would put you 10 minutes from there via water.

If that spot for the bash turns out to be too ridiculous, we can always move over to Norwegian Bay, or someplace on the south side of Poygan - there's several gathering places on that side as well. The weed beds splitting WInneconne and Poygan will likely be too mobbed for a decent gathering of forum members, although it might be possible, I'm just trying to think of options for everyone.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This came up last night because we also have a neighbor who had a big hand in last year's first Lake Poygan Barge Party. Thus far, the plan seems to be that they're going forward with it, but there's a wedding in the works for one of the neighbors who was instrumental in setting up last year's party, and they've been in contact with the folks that put on the Sand Bar Bash for logistics and other things that were never taken into consideration for last year's event 😁

Based on those who are helping to put this on, as well as their location, I believe I'll be correct that it will be held at Norwegian Bay again, so that's why I mention that as a possible fallback for the Sand Bar Bash, so folks can get a feel for the area.

I have no solid info as to when the Barge Party is going to be held, but it sounds as if they're looking to increase the size of the stage, as well as potentially have a bigger or second musical act. Nothing on the scale of the Sand Bar Bash that I can tell yet, but still, music to listen to while having fun.

Maybe we need some sort of Jetboaters.net banner like they have at car dealerships or mobile phone stores, so we can stick it into the lake bed! LOL

Info forthcoming on the Poygan Barge Party as soon as I find out anything

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is this the big meet up date or another date? I would prefer another date so it’s not so crazy trying to get on the water. A one day event sounds great.
I would be fine with a different date but nothing else seems to be getting any traction. :-/

This came up last night because we also have a neighbor who had a big hand in last year's first Lake Poygan Barge Party. Thus far, the plan seems to be that they're going forward with it, but there's a wedding in the works for one of the neighbors who was instrumental in setting up last year's party, and they've been in contact with the folks that put on the Sand Bar Bash for logistics and other things that were never taken into consideration for last year's event 😁

Based on those who are helping to put this on, as well as their location, I believe I'll be correct that it will be held at Norwegian Bay again, so that's why I mention that as a possible fallback for the Sand Bar Bash, so folks can get a feel for the area.

I have no solid info as to when the Barge Party is going to be held, but it sounds as if they're looking to increase the size of the stage, as well as potentially have a bigger or second musical act. Nothing on the scale of the Sand Bar Bash that I can tell yet, but still, music to listen to while having fun.

Maybe we need some sort of Jetboaters.net banner like they have at car dealerships or mobile phone stores, so we can stick it into the lake bed! LOL

Info forthcoming on the Poygan Barge Party as soon as I find out anything
Sounds like a great time. Maybe we should plan the Wisconsin meetup on the same day as @drewkaree may be able to provide access/parking on Norwegian Bay?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just talked to the neighbor, the Lake Poygan Barge Party is July 10th. Last year, there were 75-100 boats, and a small stage with the neighbor's son, girlfriend and one more person as the band. Rumor has it that the son's band is going to be playing, so a bit more professional this year. Starting to sound like an annual event for this area too.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m still pretty open to any day you guys pick. Just excited to hang out on some new waters and meet up.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just talked to the neighbor, the Lake Poygan Barge Party is July 10th. Last year, there were 75-100 boats, and a small stage with the neighbor's son, girlfriend and one more person as the band. Rumor has it that the son's band is going to be playing, so a bit more professional this year. Starting to sound like an annual event for this area too.
I'm in, :)

I’m still pretty open to any day you guys pick. Just excited to hang out on some new waters and meet up.
I think that the Lake Poygan Barge Party would be a great place for our first meet-up. Here are some hotels if you need to stay overnight - I used 7/10 as check-in and 7/11 as check-out: