• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in, :)

I think that the Lake Poygan Barge Party would be a great place for our first meet-up. Here are some hotels if you need to stay overnight - I used 7/10 as check-in and 7/11 as check-out:

Thanks @WiskyDan ill definitely have to stay overnight when I think of the bugs I would be covered in driving up the M-35 shoreline at night. But anyway that date works for me.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm thinking why not plan for both? Anyone who can't make one, might be able to make the other, and anyone who wants to come to both, we only charge double 😁

For the Barge Party, I may actually be helping set up. Not sure what is needed from them yet, so that's the only thing that's somewhat fluid for me, but the wife character and I will be there for sure, and we've got friends and relatives coming for the Sandbar Bash as well.

For either event, there are several places to try for lodging, all within 15 minutes of the launch by me. No idea of the availability, simply giving info.

Blue Top Resort is the furthest away, at about 15-ish minutes. They have cabins for rent, or camp sites, and Reid and Alicia are great people. I know the owners of many of these places, and some are better or more friendly than others, but all will provide close lodging.

The Hotel Fremont is right in "downtown" Fremont, and it's about a 10 minute drive to the launch by me. It's a bed/breakfast type of place, communal bathrooms, check out the website - Adam & Lisa are your owners.

Gala Resort has cottages available for rent, as well as a launch if you want to take a nice ride down the river to meet up with everyone on the lake. Ashley will likely be the person you'll deal with. About a 7 minute drive to the launch, the river ride will be more dependent on your speed, maybe half an hour to the lake.

Hahn's (Hahn-A-Lula resort) is about 5 minutes from me, or you can drop in the river there as well. I believe at Hahn's, you'll have to contact Diane for accomodations, or Ryan. Of all of the people, Diane CAN be off-putting, or she can be the biggest sweetheart - you may get to experience both! LOL

Chico's landing MAY have something available, and it's almost right next to Hahn's. I wasn't sure if they actually had a website, which wouldn't have shocked me, until I tracked down that link from Google Maps, of all places.

ALL of these places are open year-round, but might not be staffed fully since their business is more seasonal and old school, so NO reservations over the internet, you'll have to call these locations at the phone numbers in those links.

The Wolf River Lodge is right between Hahn's and Chico's, but I am not certain that they have hotel rooms available just yet, and I won't be able to find out for another 2 weeks. They do NOT have a website set up yet, so If they do have lodging available, I will post the number here, and you will probably be dealing with Danny or Barbie, and they've got some of the best food around.

The last place I can think of for lodging close by is Jellystone Park, either cabins for rent, or camping sites. I have zero information about Jellystone, since I haven't been there for at least 20 years, but it seems like it would work for lodging.

@SCP1 has my number now, and I mentioned setting up a group text for anyone considering either of these events. Like I said, I'm here for both, they're right in my backyard, so I can try to help as much as possible with logistics. If anyone wants to add me, just enter this as it sounds in your head when you're reading it, and shoot me a text, we'll try to start firming up plans - 4 One 4......5 Nein 5........5 three Ate too. I don't need some internet bot scraping for phone numbers, so if that's not understood by you, and you want to reach out, hit me up via PM conversation. Keep in mind, I work 3rd shift, so if I don't answer right away, I may be sleeping and have my phone set on Do Not Disturb, but I'll get back to you at least within a day. This would also help me in figuring out how many I have to plan for parking, or maybe coordinate a follow up with everyone at one of the places someone might be staying at, or a fire at my place afterwards.

July 10th AND August 7th, make one, or make both!

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK, so we have July 10th and August 7th as meet-up dates.

@drewkaree has provided some great lodging options and I can confirm that boats can be left in the water overnight at the public docks in front of the Best Western that’s on the river:

83B788AA-291B-4DCB-9895-C324AE3CD48A.png

The Best Western is just to the left of the bridge and has docks in front. There are additional public docks a little farther left in the photo.

So who is in??

Barge Party - July 10th (Lake Poygan/Winneconne)
WiskyDan
drewkaree
906Tony
Gooch (most likely)
dietz2430

Sandbar Bash - August 7th (Lake Poygan/Winneconne)
WiskyDan
drewkaree
SCP1 (tentative)
dietz2403

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe @906Tony is in for the Barge Party and @SCP1 is in for the Sandbar Bash.

I'm in for both, since they're right in my back yard.

I have no idea who has the two Yamaha's I saw this past weekend, but anyone who was on Poygan last weekend, c'mon and join us!

Dan, are you doing day trips, or are you getting a hotel? Tony said he has secured a place at Gala Resort from Friday-Sunday, and if he can't make it in time for a fish fry, there's talk of meeting up Friday night for drinks, at the very least. Location to be determined - if my neighbors are getting together, that'd be a great place, otherwise, right at Gala or any of the places up/down the river are likely to be worthwhile.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not saying it's true or not, buuuuutttttt..........

Map shows which counties are home to the highest number of excessive drinkers in the United States

I fully expected to see an indication of my state, I just wasn't expecting a full-on punch in the face with that info. It was a literal LOL moment when that link opened for me.

On a totally unrelated note, Dan, I'm out of the Amber 🤣
Sounds like I’ll have to bring some local brew with for you guys to try. We have a brewery here in town called Upperhand Brewery which is a division of Bells Brewery and they have some real tasty seasonal brews. I’ll make sure to bring some!!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
And don't forget the cheese....

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe @906Tony is in for the Barge Party and @SCP1 is in for the Sandbar Bash.

I'm in for both, since they're right in my back yard.

I have no idea who has the two Yamaha's I saw this past weekend, but anyone who was on Poygan last weekend, c'mon and join us!

Dan, are you doing day trips, or are you getting a hotel? Tony said he has secured a place at Gala Resort from Friday-Sunday, and if he can't make it in time for a fish fry, there's talk of meeting up Friday night for drinks, at the very least. Location to be determined - if my neighbors are getting together, that'd be a great place, otherwise, right at Gala or any of the places up/down the river are likely to be worthwhile.
I think that we will day-trip but I may change my mind on that. Me and the Admiral (she loves fish fry’s) have talked about doing an overnight but haven‘t discussed it lately.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not saying it's true or not, buuuuutttttt..........

Map shows which counties are home to the highest number of excessive drinkers in the United States

I fully expected to see an indication of my state, I just wasn't expecting a full-on punch in the face with that info. It was a literal LOL moment when that link opened for me.

On a totally unrelated note, Dan, I'm out of the Amber 🤣
Wow, that‘s crazy. I always thought the whole Wisconsin drinking thing was a stereotype but apparently not. :)

I didn’t think the amber would last long. 🍻

Traveling for work this week and had a few Yuengling’s last night - highly recommended.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
There needs to be a CA chapter for these meetups.....jealous

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will not be able to make it as of now. The July date is too close to our return from Bimini and not sure on the August date yet. Definitely watching this thread👍

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I figured I'd ping everyone who showed at least a little interest in the meetup/s to see who is coming. Please see posts #102 and #103 for the meetup details and lodging info.

@Scott Huse
@Babin Farms
@Drag
@Gooch
@anmut
@dan144k
@Mully262
@Olsonn20
@RiverRat
@OB WI
@CAP44
@Wheelspin
@Brad460
I’m currently boatless. Still waiting on the 252 fsh (dealer says it’s definitely coming) and my 1990 searay is in the shop with an engine issue🤬😭. If one of them pops, I’m more than likely in.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m currently boatless. Still waiting on the 252 fsh (dealer says it’s definitely coming) and my 1990 searay is in the shop with an engine issue🤬😭. If one of them pops, I’m more than likely in.
I’m sure you could catch a ride with a member if nothing works out.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Absolutley, we will find you a ride if you’re still boatless. I hope that you have the FSH by then, I’d love to see one in person.

Reminds me of a bumper sticker that I wanted to get for the boat that the Admiral vetoed. I’ve never required this on my boat but I can’t speak for @drewkaree :)

76DD7DAF-2FCD-4B43-A1B5-4211FDBD78FF.jpeg

Last edited:

Gooch

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe we are in for July 10th. I’ll have to recheck with the wife as the last time we spoke we had been on the boat for 8 hours and she had pretty much emptied the cooler. I’m sure we will just day trip it.