• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A couple of thoughts:

The Sand Bar Bash on lake Butte des Morts is scheduled for August 7th and it’s a huge party. We could tie up in the general area but stay out of the main raft lines? Pros are a big party cons are that the ramps will be busy and of anyone is concerned with social distancing.

Lots of good places on Lake Winneconne and Lake Poygan to tie up at as well and a bit more laid back than the Bash.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As of this moment, we plan on going to the Bash, likely a little later, around noon-ish or so (more on the later side of noon). On the outer edges it will be fine to tie up, but the depth drops off around there. It's an easy walk in to shallower water (maybe 25-50 yards, depending on where you're at) and you're in waist deep water. I've got neighbors who will take their pontoons and line up, and my brother-in-law will likely tie up next to me, wherever I end up. He's got a 16' Sea Ray, and this will be their first year. It's easy to hear the band if you want to walk in. We'll likely park on the outskirts like we did last year.

If there are ANY kids being brought, I do not recommend this as the meet up to come to. This is more of a "meat up" - my neighbor was parked next to his salesman from Skipper Bud's last year, and the Skipper's boat was the twerk stage of the area. There will be a few who bring teenagers to this, that's not my job to parent them, but they'll be exposed to more than just scantily clad women shaking their moneymakers. There were a few areas that smelled like a Grateful Dead concert, if you catch my drift.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As of this moment, we plan on going to the Bash, likely a little later, around noon-ish or so (more on the later side of noon). On the outer edges it will be fine to tie up, but the depth drops off around there. It's an easy walk in to shallower water (maybe 25-50 yards, depending on where you're at) and you're in waist deep water. I've got neighbors who will take their pontoons and line up, and my brother-in-law will likely tie up next to me, wherever I end up. He's got a 16' Sea Ray, and this will be their first year. It's easy to hear the band if you want to walk in. We'll likely park on the outskirts like we did last year.

If there are ANY kids being brought, I do not recommend this as the meet up to come to. This is more of a "meat up" - my neighbor was parked next to his salesman from Skipper Bud's last year, and the Skipper's boat was the twerk stage of the area. There will be a few who bring teenagers to this, that's not my job to parent them, but they'll be exposed to more than just scantily clad women shaking their moneymakers. There were a few areas that smelled like a Grateful Dead concert, if you catch my drift.
We may join you at the Bash even if the meet up ends up being a different weekend - if you'll have us. :) We considered tying up last year but we didn't want to get caught in a big raft line where we couldn't get out so this would be perfect.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are looking at renting a cabin 8/22 - 29 on a channel in Menasha. Does anyone know how long will it take me to cross winnebago and butte des mortes? Or does anyone have a line on a cottage that has 3 bedrooms on one of the smaller lakes. Pretty much everything is booked for the entire summer. @Teri Huse

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you asking how long it would take to get from Menasha to the west edge of Butte des Morts or a particular spot on Butte des Morts?

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you asking how long it would take to get from Menasha to the west edge of Butte des Morts or a particular spot on Butte des Morts?
West edge, it seems like it would be about 1 to 1.5 hours from Menasha just to see if the location is doable.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are looking at renting a cabin 8/22 - 29 on a channel in Menasha. Does anyone know how long will it take me to cross winnebago and butte des mortes? Or does anyone have a line on a cottage that has 3 bedrooms on one of the smaller lakes. Pretty much everything is booked for the entire summer. @Teri Huse
Google cabin on the wolf, Fremont Wisconsin.

Not sure what the sizes are, but it's worth looking at

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My neighbor is also renting out his brother's place, but I don't know if he's doing it through VRBO or Airbnb, or what. that is definitely three bedrooms, from what I can recall, I will try and find out more info for you

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
West edge, it seems like it would be about 1 to 1.5 hours from Menasha just to see if the location is doable.
I think it would be closer to 1.5 hours.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Should we just set a date for this??

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm glad you bumped this up - remember to clip your safety lanyards. I've heard mention of some possible changes of "federally controlled waters" in that area, meaning more than just the local LEO's out checking/pulling folks over to enforce or at least notify people of the new change. I'm looking at getting a wireless MOB - someone on the board here with an FSH put one in, and that seems far better than the little bungee and clip.

As for setting a date, sounds like a good start. July/August seems to be a decent time, weather should be nice by that time (I type that out, watching snow flying outside at this very moment!).

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought one of these - keeping it simple.

B49A6DC6-51E8-4CBC-A648-7D9E624C7DCD.jpeg

@drewkaree and @Scott Huse I say we pick a weekend in July or the same day as the Sand Bar Bash the first week of August. My only reservations about the Sand Bar Bash option is that the ramps may be busy for those that are trailering in.

Thoughts?

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought one of these - keeping it simple.

View attachment 147526

@drewkaree and @Scott Huse I say we pick a weekend in July or the same day as the Sand Bar Bash the first week of August. My only reservations about the Sand Bar Bash option is that the ramps may be busy for those that are trailering in.

Thoughts?
I am free the end of June and beginning of July. I think we should set a date but we should have done options for people to stay and I can’t find much that gives people the option to leave their boats in the water over night.

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gentleman,

Have any of you experienced Lake Tomahawk? Wife found a good airbnb off the lake July 1-7, curious as to what the boating conditions are? Also, is it feasible to travel to the north via boat (Mid Lake, Minocqua and Kawaguesaga)? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Found my neighbor's place.

I had no idea it was so spendy. Looks like a great deal for a group, not so much for a family looking to rent a place for the week.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gentleman,

Have any of you experienced Lake Tomahawk? Wife found a good airbnb off the lake July 1-7, curious as to what the boating conditions are? Also, is it feasible to travel to the north via boat (Mid Lake, Minocqua and Kawaguesaga)? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
No experience with Lake Tomahawk, sorry. :-/

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the link. Really a great looking place.