• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Meet up in Wisconsin

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The forecast for Saturday gets worse every time I look at it……. :-\

Currently a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms - mainly in the afternoon.

I have tomorrow off as well but all three weekend days have rain in the forecast so I may just leave it in the stack.

I’m coming to the realization that owning a boat in Wisconsin kinda sucks. Most of the year it’s too cold and then when it finally warms up you have to deal with wind and rain. :-/

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m coming to the realization that owning a boat in Wisconsin kinda sucks. Most of the year it’s too cold and then when it finally warms up you have to deal with wind and rain. :-/
It's not any better south of the border.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@WiskyDan I think I've identified the problem with your methodology - Stop looking at the weather until Friday, and have that place in Neenah make you a cover for the cabin like @Julian did for his boat.

The bad part of your setup is not having the setup to trailer/store the boat, so that you can do a last-minute decision on heading out for the day, but you're always welcome to come by my place if you don't want to drop yours in the water. Maybe some weekend, leave your boat and we'll take mine out and I'll show you the river tour

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Won’t be able to make it. Taking the kids to family night at Lambeau! Have fun. Hopefully the weather holds out.

Hadowajp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully this becomes somewhat of a yearly meetup, since our old boat is sold and we’re waiting on a replacement. If anyone is on the Croix and wants to pull up and have a beer just north of Prescott I’ll trade one for some jet boat conversation.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Weather does not look good, maybe another weekend.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They moved to a new venue...It been dry around here all summer and of course on a day when everyone wants great weather it has to rain.

We were not able to go anyways due to prior commitments and my wife picking up a 3rd shift tonight at the hospital (due to shortage of nurses)..

And to be honest I over did it last weekend and wasted most of Sunday hung over..Needed a break :winkingthumbsup" At least now I don’t feel like I am missing out.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, it looks like it's going to rain for about an hour or more, cutting into the opening, so like @Brad460 said, they moved it.

I don't know where it's been moved to, so we're just going to hang out and decide what to do after the rain is done

IMCHARGED

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey guy's I'm new here but we live in northwestern Wisconsin. New to boating also, lol. I'll be ready next year so I hope this will be planned then also . I would like to know some kick-ass lakes you guys been to in Wisconsin. You know something with a camp ground, beach, sand bar, bar in general , lol. Thanks

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@WiskyDan I think I've identified the problem with your methodology - Stop looking at the weather until Friday, and have that place in Neenah make you a cover for the cabin like @Julian did for his boat.

The bad part of your setup is not having the setup to trailer/store the boat, so that you can do a last-minute decision on heading out for the day, but you're always welcome to come by my place if you don't want to drop yours in the water. Maybe some weekend, leave your boat and we'll take mine out and I'll show you the river tour
The admiral says the same thing - I look at the weather forecast too soon/often and constantly shuffle through two wind apps and drive myself crazy. :-/

Yeah, it looks like it's going to rain for about an hour or more, cutting into the opening, so like @Brad460 said, they moved it.

I don't know where it's been moved to, so we're just going to hang out and decide what to do after the rain is done
Sounds like they moved it to Omro and most people will be driving there? I sure wouldn‘t want to be on the lake in this weather, nasty!!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hopefully this becomes somewhat of a yearly meetup, since our old boat is sold and we’re waiting on a replacement. If anyone is on the Croix and wants to pull up and have a beer just north of Prescott I’ll trade one for some jet boat conversation.
Hey guy's I'm new here but we live in northwestern Wisconsin. New to boating also, lol. I'll be ready next year so I hope this will be planned then also . I would like to know some kick-ass lakes you guys been to in Wisconsin. You know something with a camp ground, beach, sand bar, bar in general , lol. Thanks
Welcome!! I’m sure hoping that we can make it an annual occurrence and try to organize a bit better in 2022.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The admiral says the same thing - I look at the weather forecast too soon/often and constantly shuffle through two wind apps and drive myself crazy. :-/

Sounds like they moved it to Omro and most people will be driving there? I sure wouldn‘t want to be on the lake in this weather, nasty!!
So... attached is a photo of a slice of the fun we ended up going to - Hahn's outside bar, and no more pictures to protect the innocent of The Buss Stop and the Wolf River Lodge.

Three groups that decided to skip the Bash, all ended up having a great time in the area, and I might have signed up with a new neighbor to try wake surfing behind a Tige in the future. At the very least, I'll be seeing how they do, and I know someone I can tell to "get the eff out of the way, we're on a mission to get hammered" 😁

I got chastised by the wife for making new friends, so I chose to ignore her. She won't see the wisdom of my ways until she experiences the benefits for her. I give, and I give...

P.S. I'm not getting shit done with my SeaDek this weekend due to the rain, but I am still claiming a win in the name of having a great time!

IMG_20210807_182106307.jpg

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Headed to Omro for the corn roast. The weather looked hit or miss half the day and then after a 3 min shower the sky cleared up and it warmed up nicely. I think the weather kept the crowd small..

I did see one Yamaha jet boat (from Neenah). There were a few vintage cigarette boats- I really liked this this one with the purple graphics..it would look awesome fully restored.

F4439A0A-3A06-43E8-A73B-E1E0F209DDA2.jpegE6F599D3-CF6A-4D51-AC77-D94F20685223.jpegD35DF95A-A844-450B-9414-3F65A38CD9F0.jpeg4C361812-C94A-4922-9C7B-329CE569A44B.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You have to make your way to castle rock lake, we usually stick to local Kenosha area lakes but love to get to Castle Rock whenever we can.
What landing do you normally use?

TheShreve

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Will definitely be in for next year. I live in Fond du Lac and I would travel north rather than boat on the south end of Bago . Wind is very unpredictable and its quite dirty..
Lots of chains North. Butte des morts, Poygan... we launched at Rainbow park two weeks ago in the in-laws boat and headed up the wolf. Beautiful day.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Plan on being at the sand bar area on Butte des Mort tomorrow…the area where they just built the rock walls. What is that place called?

Last trip of the year ☹

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
We're in Woodbury and launch out of Windmill. I'll DM you next time we're out.