• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving from Miami to Utah?!?!?!?!Help

Wr3ckdiver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well as much as I regret this I am moving from South Florida to near Ogden, UT for a job offer. I am from Cal originally so I do love the mountains and ski season so that's a plus. Wondering about boating at Pineview Lake up the hill from the valley. Does the water warm up enough for swimming and wakeboarding in summer? Any members from that area please contact me....

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well as much as I regret this I am moving from South Florida to near Ogden, UT for a job offer. I am from Cal originally so I do love the mountains and ski season so that's a plus. Wondering about boating at Pineview Lake up the hill from the valley. Does the water warm up enough for swimming and wakeboarding in summer? Any members from that area please contact me....
Pineview is great, you got Bear Lake is awesome! Lake Powell isn't to far away! Tone of great options in Utah!

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

You would love lake powell in the spring and early summer then after that in the peak of summer strawberry reservoir, flaming gorge and bear lake are great then in the fall back to lake powell.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's quite a few places to boat, fairly close to Ogden. As others have mentioned, Pineview is popular and can be busy. @Bothomas does some boating there and can probably comment better. There's also Echo, East Canyon, Willard Bay, Bear Lake, Rockport, Jordanelle, Deer Creek, Flaming Gorge, Utah Lake. By mid summer the waters will all be relatively warm... like mid 70's warm. Definitely make the trip down to Powell. It's WORTH the drive.

Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bear lake is amazing.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My SX19 came from Utah, if you want an impeller pitched for Utah elevation let me know.

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve done a lot at Pineview. Live about 40 min away. Almost to Ogden. It’s kinda on the small side and can be pretty busy on the weekends. When the water got a little low last year (have run aground a couple times, one very bad one) we started going up to Willard Bay. Much larger but not as good a beach and scenery not as nice as Pineview. 90% of our boating is in those two lakes if not more! Pics attached are at Pineview. Definitely warm enough to swim!1C91C862-39AC-4F7B-8979-42EC2E9BE30C.jpeg3E429D66-442B-4FCF-8E41-585DDA65E43F.jpeg60682AA3-BA2D-4FCD-83C8-1A437792A9BD.jpegE207E4CE-3388-4B1C-84BC-39A904C7CF0F.jpegD6812870-2297-4920-A840-AE68FC3407E3.jpeg8FB00E1E-7C86-4BC5-8788-7110CD101D68.jpeg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pineview is great, but don't tell your wife and kids that there is Tiger Musky in the water :). Those things get huge in that lake.

There are tons of options if you drive south where the water is warmer and much less crowded. Utah Lake is pretty good if it's not algae bloomed.

If you come by Rockport, hit me up. My boat is slipped there usually throughout the summer.

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you come by Rockport, hit me up. My boat is slipped there usually throughout the summer.
I don’t think I’ve ever actually been on rockport before. How is it up there? Must be pretty good if you keep your boat there!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think I’ve ever actually been on rockport before. How is it up there? Must be pretty good if you keep your boat there!
I live across the street from Rockport. It’s a Fun lake but it gets super crowded in the late summer on weekends. It’s amazing on Wednesday.